• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terrorist blows himself up in MECCA/MAKKAH after being surrounded by Police (SA)

RiZ III

Destroying Mecca would summon the wrath of Muslims all over the world regardless of their political stance.

Was this confirmed to be ISIS?

No one hates Isis more than Muslims. All of the surrounding Muslim countries are waging war against Isis already.

An aside from this horrible incident that I'm glad was resolved, hopefully, without any innocent deaths.

Is that yeah, what the Saudi government, in particular King Fahd and King Abdullah, has done to the history of Mecca is beyond disgusting. They leveled the birthplace of the prophet to build a tourist attraction to sell things from gift shops and hotels.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Forgive me if im mistaken but its Ramadan right? Pure evil. Its not like it wasnt known though. The day when the word Isis once again only evokes thoughts of Egyptian mythology cant come soon enough.

Steel

Banned
Forgive me if im mistaken but its Ramadan right? Pure evil. Its not like it wasnt known though. The day when the word Isis once again only evokes thoughts of Egyptian mythology cant come soon enough.

I think Isis ruined the word for keeps. And I had a dog named Isis before they cropped up....

ISIS/Baghdadi was inspired by Al-Qaeda/Bin Laden. Bin Laden/Al-Qaeda was inspired by Juhayman Al-Otaybi.

Read up on the siege of Mecca, where Juhayman led a bloody insurrection in 1979 by capturing the holy mosque structure in Mecca, if you're at all interested in understanding how modern "Radical Islamic" terrorism was born.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Mosque_seizure
It's ironic that you'd think islamic terrorists wouldn't be into innovation or declaring people in our time to be mahdi and would be against forming a cult leader, but here you are. Bad people are always full of contradictions and lies.

The worst thing is Saudi Arabia learned the completely wrong lesson from all of that:
Saudi King Khaled however, did not react to the upheaval by cracking down on religious puritans in general, but by giving the ulama and religious conservatives more power over the next decade. He is thought to have believed that "the solution to the religious upheaval was simple - more religion."[48] First, photographs of women in newspapers were banned, then women on television. Cinemas and music shops were shut down. School curriculum was changed to provide many more hours of religious studies, eliminating classes on subjects like non-Islamic history. Gender segregation was extended "to the humblest coffee shop". The religious police became more assertive.[49]​
It's like NRA, but with religion.

Top Bottom