• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terry Crews building a gaming PC after finding Battlefield 1 fun

Vex_

Banned
Terry Crews will be building his first Gaming PC after finding Battlefield 1 "really, REALLY fun".

His parts:

NZXT Phantom 820 case
  • Intel Core i7-6800K CPU
  • Asus X99 Sabertooth motherboard
  • Corsair H100i V2 CPU cooler
  • 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
  • 2TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD
  • Asus Xonar Essence STX soundcard
  • Asus Blu-ray drive
  • EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 power supply
  • Razer DeathAdder Chroma mouse
  • Audio Technica PDG1 headphones
  • Corsair K70 Lux RGB mechanical keyboard

There are a few things to note. First, Crews says he purchased all of these items with this money, they weren't sponsored for a shout out. And secondly, you'll notice there's no graphics card. He doesn't mention one in the video, but according to a one of his comments on the Facebook post, Crews picked up a GeForce GTX 1080.

Crews says he got hooked to PC gaming during a Battlefield 1 session with Jamie Foxx, Snoop Dogg, and other celebrities. Now with the help of someone named "Pony Lion," he's ready to build a system.

He goes on to explain that "this is something I enjoy doing with my son," noting that his kid is a "big time gamer" and that this is something that brings them closer together.

His facebook video of him showing off his parts and talking about it here.

Source.

Searched "terry crews" - didnt find any results, so...

Build me a gaming PC if old.

UPDATE:

He finished the build. He's livestreaming on facebook right now: https://www.facebook.com/realterrycrews/videos/1186457948041229/

edit: was livestreaming, here's the vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieoZ8VDfVlc

He will try to stream on Twitch. Oh boy, can't wait! :D

Vex_

Banned
Always knew he was a smart man. He always seems like a cool dude/dad

Yea I especially liked the part in the video where he said he wanted to learn how to do this to get closer to his son. That's... awesome.

Freaking ninjas throwing onions in my eyes.

iNvid02

Lol love this guy

3077323-ps4germany.png

37159.jpg

Did he actually say "PC Master Race" or are you labelling that personally? It's a terrible designation for anyone and I don't think anyone on GAF really enjoys hearing it either.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
His PC is virtually identical to mine. Or at least it would be if Amazon would actually send me the ASUS card it said was in stock.

Daft Punk

Banned
Did he actually say "PC Master Race" or are you labelling that personally? It's a terrible designation for anyone and I don't think anyone on GAF really enjoys hearing it either.

He says it in the video.
He also says he's gonna play Uncharted 4 on it, which confused me.

Not like this Terry. Such a stupid ass designation and I say that as someone who sat in his undies and a lab coat and built a computer.

The fact that he did this cause he actually had fun and saw how can it be a way to spend more time with his son it's awesome.

Not a bad PC either, i would change a lot of those parts tho.

The Argus

Always liked Terry, cool he's doing this out of love for his son. I'll always remember when my dad spent one of this very rare days off just playing the original NBA 2K with me. That was 16 years ago, shit.

His rig is legit, hope he didn't add any garish LEDs to it.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely like this dude, always comes off super humble and he's a really talented artist as well.

Ploid 3.0

lol at the Uncharted 4 part.

This doesn't surprise me, or maybe it does, kind of.

He played a game developer on a TBS show Are We There Yet.
JwqoIje.png

Not like this Terry. Such a stupid ass designation and I say that as someone who sat in his undies and a lab coat and built a computer.

who cares, people take those words too serious.

Seriously. At this point the term is just a joke. People shouldn't be offended by it anymore.

Good for him. Looks like that machine is gonna be a beast. Would be cool for him to build it with his son as a little father-son thing if it's his first time.

Vex_

Banned
Seriously. At this point the term is just a joke. People shouldn't be offended by it anymore.

Also, if people actually watched the video linked in the op, they would see he says it in jest. Obviously, he doesn't try to come off in an elitist way about it.

Kindekuma

Banned
I love this! Terry Crews is a great person, I'm glad he's jumping into building a PC that he finds fun and as a bonding moment for his kid.

Card Boy

Banned
He did put a optical drive in 2016 though. Get a external drive if you are ever going to play a CD. You would literally use it like 3 times in 5 years.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Didn't he blow chunks at that Battlefield 1 demo at E3?

And? If he has fun, he'll have fun with the game stats be damned. Battlefield is a series where player skill in terms of KDR doesn't matter. So long as he's contributing to his team and going for the objective and able to out think his opponent he'll be fine.

Top Bottom