• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tess Munster, size-22 model who started #EffYourBeautyStandards, signs w/major agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray Matter

Needs to spend some time with the Patriots ballboy.

dead2.gif

Alucrid

Banned
Ah, yes. Tess.

She was a plus size model before... a legit one, curvy and gorgeous.

She then bought into FA full stop, ballooned a huge amount of weight, and now if you look at her without Photoshop (her skin is not smooth), and the fake facial structure (all contouring and Photoshop)... it is really something else.

what is FA

Kurdel

Banned
Ah, yes. Tess.

She was a plus size model before... a legit one, curvy and gorgeous.

She then bought into FA full stop, ballooned a huge amount of weight, and now if you look at her without Photoshop (her skin is not smooth), and the fake facial structure (all contouring and Photoshop)... it is really something else.

I am almost afraid to ask, but what is FA?

Caboose

Now alright I don't mind a little thickness, but she's morbidly obese and that shit ain't healthy. Thumbs down.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
If this is something she REALLY wants, like legit likes herself for it, then I suppose that's an achievement then. Regardless, I don't really like the idea that "Being obese is okay!" as it's pretty much like saying "getting blackout drunk every other day is okay!" or "Smoking 2 cartons a day is okay!" or "Eating 400 calories in kale is okay!"

They're all self destructive behavior, and indicator an underlying problem, which is not okay. It requires help.

You guys are being too mean, do you want this to become a graveyard thread?

I don't find her attractive at all but according to her, my beauty standards can get fucked. And she was signed by a major agency, so what do I know?

Dead Man

It really is a shame. What started out as not bullying fat people and not degrading them or thinking they are inferior (basically, antifatshaming), became a strange movement rooted in antiscience and pseudoscience.

Really strong message initially, but it became...well...just look at Tess.

Yeah :(

I get annoyed when people claim they are healthy at any weight because it's a lie. Don't care if she wants to get fat and become a model. It's her body.

It's like smoking or taking drugs. Everyone has vices.

terrene

Banned
I don't find her attractive at all but according to her, my beauty standards can get fucked. And she was signed by a major agency, so what do I know?
Re: Her signing to an agency; that shouldn't necessarily be an endorsement of her personal activism. It's more likely that there is a market for clothes for people this size and they need models to wear and sell those clothes, pure and simple.

While agree this isn't promoting a healthy lifestyle, let's not pretend most models are where we should be telling people to aim for.

And, as others have said, it isn't like she's being made the poster girl for a health movement.

bcl0328

her face is pretty hot. she would be gorgeous if she lost weight.

i can't tell you how many girls i see with a hot face, but are just way overweight.

You know America is rotten when not only is it not giving a shit about obesity being a serious health pandemic that needs to be addressed urgently, but is celebrating it as "beauty".

Well if you read the posts here you'll see that it really isn't being celebrated as "beauty".

Theres nothing wrong with being overweight and people shouldn't be made fun of or criticized for it, but it is a real health issue and should be strived to get rid of, not embraced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom