• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS Xbox Booth is... pretty empty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doffen

why is there a US flag in the background?

Xbox = America.

They have done very little to change this reputation, and their lack of commitment in Europe has only strengthened it.

Maybe now that they own 2 mainland European studios things will change...

fYG62JG.jpg

I laughed so hard !!! thx for making my day better !

Just read some weibo report and saw a A9VG(chinese gaming forum) people say the Xbox One's psycho break(evil within) line need to wait for 1 hour
So i don't think anything changes:95%+ Japanese won't buy the Xbox version, but they will still go Xbox booth to play it, just like usual TGS, because it's free, why not.

Btw not sure what's the problem with showing COD, last year the you need wait 1 hour+ to play Titanfall in TGS

Things aren't going that well in Europe either. Finnish internet television channel MoonTV has a competition where the winner can choose either Xbox One or a brick.

15-start-nolike.jpg

Translation: Win Xbox One (or a big, red, lovely brick). Details about the competition.

I know it's a joke but it tells something about the public dislike of Xbone in Finland that MoonTV has to make fun of Xbox in order to stay "cool".

Holy Shit. LMAO

Yudoken

Things aren't going that well in Europe either. Finnish internet television channel MoonTV has a competition where the winner can choose either Xbox One or a brick.

15-start-nolike.jpg

Translation: Win Xbox One (or a big, red, lovely brick). Details about the competition.

I know it's a joke but it tells something about the public dislike of Xbone in Finland that MoonTV has to make fun of Xbox in order to stay "cool".

Someone with editing skills has to edit this.
It's just too perfect!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgyonkrEWik

I laughed.

I actually heard someone say that at GameStop a week ago. He was playing around though, he was playfully talking shit to his girl and excited that she was getting it for him. He asked the guy in front of him about racing games and they talked about it for awhile and then the guy in front of him started going on and on about Drive Club. I guess he YouTube it and he and his girl got to the counter he ask for the XBone with Kinect and tried to Preorder Drive Club for the XBone.
After a brief conversation he switch his order to a PS4 and preordered Drive Club and bought Need for Speed.

Dehnus

Japan plays COD, on Sony platforms.

The Japanese Xbox fanbase is miniscule, but they are very dedicated to the system.
Yup, same with Sega. Outside of the Saturn, they did terrible as well, yet they always had some of the most arduous fans.

I too find it strange that these threads go on so long and in the fashion that they do (or thAt it's even a thread at all, xbox doing bad in Japan hasn't been news to anyone for the past decade), but that's just internet.

Some people just get super high on seeing this kind of stuff.

For me the problem is some people really though what they think is fact, like "it's empty because COD"

Seriously COD(or you can say, FPS) is one of the popular game in TGS, like last year people need to wait 70 mins for Titanfall, wait 80 mins for Killzone, Japan do care west games.

Dehnus

I think Schadenfreude is the term. Console wars although somewhat immature, were one of the funnest parts of being into video games in the 90s. It's somewhat less fun doing it over the Internet instead of in person at school or wherever. But it's fun just like competitive sports is.

It's funnier when one is able to laugh at themselves. MS should embrace this. It will elevate them.

I find the MS execs and reps so lacking in charm that their lack of charm is, in itself, charming lol.
And like sport, it's ruining gaming. Back then it was 12year old boys, now adult men acting out like 12 year old boys.

I too find it strange that these threads go on so long and in the fashion that they do (or thAt it's even a thread at all, xbox doing bad in Japan hasn't been news to anyone for the past decade), but that's just internet.

Some people just get super high on seeing this kind of stuff.
There's been so many of these types of threads that I can't help but root for the X1's success. You wouldn't think forum posts would influence something like that but I spend a lot of time here. Same thing happens on the opposite end with PC fanboys. I find their desire to convert people so incredibly off-putting. "Why don't you have a gaming PC?"... ugh, how many of those threads have we seen? Here's the weird thing about this. 90% of my gaming time is on PC, half my posts here are in exclusive PC game OTs. Another thing, I own a PS4 but no Xbox. It's probably some sort of personality defect. :lol

Anyway, the Xbox One reminds me of the Cleveland Browns, the joke of the league for so long. They win their first home opener in god knows how many years last Sunday and I felt so happy for them. The players were going nuts in the locker room after the game, for just a regular season game. There's no way you can't root for the Browns... it's almost impossible not to root for that team. Sure they have a guy that's kind of unlikable with Manziel, similar to Xbox's DRM debacle, but even he's getting tolerable now (Xbox is also getting tolerable, with the 180). Josh Gordon could be another analogy for Xbox's problems. He got his ridiculous year-long suspension rightfully reduced due to the new drug testing, it should have been reduced even further but whatever. Xbox One paid the price for the DRM/online-only debacle the same way Gordon did. Now Gordon is getting another chance. It's hard not to root for him.

Moral of the story: worst post ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom