• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS Xbox Booth is... pretty empty

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I like about the Japanese - you turn up with Call of Duty and they don't give a fuck. If only it was the same attitude to that franchise worldwide.

I'm not emotionally invested and I'm getting tired of this attitude, yeah, I know, I shouldn't enter this thread, but this bashing is getting very tiresome. but hey, it seems I've heard these threads works for some of you

Obviously emotionally invested for some seems to be people are angry because of this. If I read this thread I get the feeling that many are emotionally invested but by laughing and hidden hate.

I too find it strange that these threads go on so long and in the fashion that they do (or thAt it's even a thread at all, xbox doing bad in Japan hasn't been news to anyone for the past decade), but that's just internet.

Some people just get super high on seeing this kind of stuff.

Feeling annoyed is one thing, but I'm not going to take someone seriously if they're "hurt" by this (unless they're a shareholder or something).

the thing is, this thread is being used basically for trolling, making jokes and laugh at the current XBOX situation, nothing else, so I understand people getting annoyed or disturbed because of the attitude of some people.

I'm still waiting for the "we're only joking" usual reply as if they weren't having fun laughing at the situation and knowing what they're doing

not all of us are emotionally invested, but tired of this nonsensical console war attitude which brings nothing positive to GAF

Dark_castle

185FcZB.jpg

nice pic, thx

the thing is, this thread is being used basically for trolling, making jokes and laugh at the current XBOX situation, nothing else, so I understand people getting annoyed or disturbed because of the attitude of some people.

I'm still waiting for the "we're only joking" usual reply as if they weren't having fun laughing at the situation and knowing what they're doing

not all of us are emotionally invested, but tired of this nonsensical console war attitude which brings nothing positive to GAF

I agree with you
threads like this are without merit and pointless

Euh...You make it sound like somebody died in the process. Stop being so emotionally invested in a console and you will feel at ease around such threads. The console is bombing in Japan, people are posting funny pictures...If you are disturbed by that...well, I don't know what to say!

Noobcraft

Euh...You make it sound like somebody died in the process. Stop being so emotionally invested in a console and you will feel at ease around such threads. The console is bombing in Japan, people are posting funny pictures...If you are disturbed by that...well, I don't know what to say!
All consoles are bombing in Japan...

Doffen

Feeling annoyed is one thing, but I'm not going to take someone seriously if they're "hurt" by this (unless they're a shareholder or something).

Why would shareholders get emotional? If you invested money in Microsoft share surly you didn't do it for the Xbox brand.

I too find it strange that these threads go on so long and in the fashion that they do (or thAt it's even a thread at all, xbox doing bad in Japan hasn't been news to anyone for the past decade), but that's just internet.

Some people just get super high on seeing this kind of stuff.

I think Schadenfreude is the term. Console wars although somewhat immature, were one of the funnest parts of being into video games in the 90s. It's somewhat less fun doing it over the Internet instead of in person at school or wherever. But it's fun just like competitive sports is.

It's funnier when one is able to laugh at themselves. MS should embrace this. It will elevate them.

I find the MS execs and reps so lacking in charm that their lack of charm is, in itself, charming lol.

One4U

Banned
Have you tried stop being emotionally invested? I heard that works.

I will try:) In fact, this is quite expected. There is only one chance to see people there - the PS booth is too crowded to enter/play/wait and they come to Xbox booth to play the multi-platform games.

Atuin

Xbox One is not a popular console.

Things aren't going that well in Europe either. Finnish internet television channel MoonTV has a competition where the winner can choose either Xbox One or a brick.

15-start-nolike.jpg

Translation: Win Xbox One (or a big, red, lovely brick). Details about the competition.

I know it's a joke but it tells something about the public dislike of Xbone in Finland that MoonTV has to make fun of Xbox in order to stay "cool".

One4U

Banned
Things aren't going that well in Europe either. Finnish internet television channel MoonTV has a competition where the winner can choose either Xbox One or a brick.

15-start-nolike.jpg

Translation: Win Xbox One (or a big, red, lovely brick). Details about the competition.

I know it's a joke but it tells something about the public dislike of Xbone in Finland that MoonTV has to make fun of Xbox in order to stay "cool".

This is quite sad. The mainstream will follow the world of mouth. In fact, they need to try and experience it. Xbox One is a solid console and the experience is nice.

Well, MS is deserved the blame because their stupid strategy. Why Don Mattick still can earn such huge money after he destroyed a product.

Percy

Banned

15-start-nolike.jpg

Holy shit lol.

Steroyd

ehrm, have you seen the Raiden V thread?

Just read through it, port begging is always a thing no matter what console gets what, was expecting the thread to get constant shitposting of empty line photoshops when you brought up that thread.

You know what to expect when you click in this thread and it's not like Japaneese queue threads are anything new.

Chobel

15-start-nolike.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Piccoro

15-start-nolike.jpg

eiEhPA9.gif

15-start-nolike.jpg

You actually also get a
power
brick if you choose the Xbox One.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
OP's pic looks like it was taken before the event even started, just to give a fake negative impression for everyone to point and laugh at. Don't worry guys, phones have won Japan, we know.

Percy

Banned
Just read through it, port begging is always a thing no matter what console gets what, was expecting the thread to get constant shitposting of empty line photoshops when you brought up that thread.

You know what to expect when you click in this thread and it's not like Japaneese queue threads are anything new.

Actually, looking at that Raiden V thread I'm sort of wondering if thread whining is still bannable tbh... Clearly port begging is and I'd assumed the two things were equally as frowned upon. Reading this thread makes me think otherwise now though.

MAX PAYMENT

Oh no. Japanese people aren't interested in Xbox. Whatever will we do?!

It's always been this way. This stuff just gets brought up for fanboys to be fanboys.

15-start-nolike.jpg

God damn.

Imouto

Banned
Oh no. Japanese people aren't interested in Xbox. Whatever will we do?!

It's always been this way. This stuff just gets brought up for fanboys to be fanboys.

I think only fanboys getting emotional over this kind of stuffs. People just love making fun at everything, and what's wrong with getting a little laugh out of it? The PS3, Xbox 360, Vita, WiiU, all get the same treatment, and I just laugh at it. I even got the PS4, and I still joke about PS4 has no game when Media Create thread appears.

nynt9

One more Xbox joke thread. Just like what that other one some days ago turned out! :/

Well it seems Xbone is a joke console in Japan looking at Media Create sales and previous adoption of 360, so...

Very, if you've followed the situation of home consoles there. Fragmentation of their home market can't be desirable for the already struggling developers there.

I don't think there is any chance of the Xbone fragmenting the Japanese market.

It's kind of sad to see that MS poured so much money into these booths and even the "crowded" pics look like just MS employees and people just passing by without stopping at the booth. I guess it's admirable that they're trying to market the product, but without making it appealing to the Japanese consumer, it's a hard sell, especially with Sony being more attractive (both to the Japanese consumer and worldwide, according to sales numbers).

MS should just focus on their strong market(s) (is the UK still strong for them?) and try to win there. Worldwide it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. Maybe in China if they miraculously hit the jackpot, but even then in polls the PS4 beats the XB1 for consumer interest.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Call of Duty all over, what a joke.

It's not like I want to see a successful Xbox in Japan, so this is actually good.
Did an xbox steal your lunch money? I hope that was a 'funny' post.

Call of Duty all over, what a joke.

It's not like I want to see a successful Xbox in Japan, so this is actually good.

Xbox must have done something bad to you

With the gangbusters (sarcasm) PS4 sales, Japan is becoming an afterthought. And with Sony the company bleeding money I can't blame companies not wasting their money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom