• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Th Witcher 3 - Blood and Wine 'New Region' trailer.

Falchion

Awesome! I got sidetracked by Uncharted 4 but I need to get back into Witcher 3 and then HoS so I can play this before the end of the summer.

Genio88

Thanks god i just got Doom on Xbox One which will make me pass this week, then will be finally time for the game of the year 2016, my GTX980 OC can't wait to get pushed to its limits by this gorgeousness

wow this looks nice

waaaaaay lttp and slightly off topic but i've never played a witcher game before and kinda want to play W3 now. can i skip W1&2 without missing out on too much?

Yep. You could watch some "story so far" video on YouTube if you want to get caught up, but it's not necessary. You can enjoy the game without being familiar with the lore. Hell, even if you play through the first couple hours of The Witcher 3, they give you a lot of background on the world and a witcher's role in it.

Ydelnae

I don't know if I made the right move watching the trailer. I went into TW3 so blind that I even though that Ciri was just a female player option, so literally everything about the game surprised me lol

aravuus

Holy shit does that look good or what

I should have the whole weekend free so I think I might start HoS for real tomorrow. Been playing it every now and then a bit, but I'm only like an hour or two in.

Pretty sure the main enemies being
vampires
isn't actually the big reveal of the game.

Every time CDPR has said in interviews that Toussaint had a dark secret they also added that secret were
vampires

The trailer looks amazing and just yesterday I bought the expansion pass.

So if Velen/Novigrad = England.
and Skellige = Ireland

I assume Toussaint = France?

Souther France mainly.
They also said they took inspiration from parts of Italy and Spain.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Ci0HzxNUoAAuaP5.jpg:large

1 year anniversary of release "birthday card"

daevv

Hope I have Uncharted 4 finished by the 31st. If not it'll be bye bye Uncharted 4 for the rest of the summer. :)

They've added five new general skills.

Some more pics of the new mutagen menu.

How it works: The big centre mutagen is called a synapse. These 12 new synapses take normal mutagens (red, green, blue) and EXP points to unlock, and research to identify. There's a specific NPC you have to go to do that, called Professor Moreau. His story is quite tragic, it was one of the things I read about that was added in the 1.12 strings.

Anyway, this new system apparently allows for easier mix and match (or hybrid) builds. With this new system, the four new skill slots can change colour, as you upgrade the centre synapse. So you could have two red and two blue. At least, I think that's what it trying to be said.

The more mutagen skills you upgrade, the bigger the centre synapse gets - level 1,2,3 ect. Every time that synapse upgrades, you get an extra slot (one of the four). The centre mutagen will give bonuses to the ability slots that are above or below it.

You can see all the new armours, and their stats in this video. Go to around 17m30s.

All the Grandmaster armours are level 40. No Viper Grandmaster, as that one is already level 39.

My penis is so erect right now give it to me cdpr.

I was getting chubbed up throughout the trailer then at the point it goes "what brought the white wolf to this land of sheep" and they show the grandmaster bear school armor I went full torque.

God damn, should release earlier I don't know what I'll do for the week and a half.

Drazgul

I still have my original save from when I beat the main campaign; what is it that you get if you start a new game+ with it? Gwent cards and level afaik, but anything else?

Lanf

God it looks brilliant!

Awesome! I got sidetracked by Uncharted 4 but I need to get back into Witcher 3 and then HoS so I can play this before the end of the summer.

Yes me too, I'll never be in time to finish up my NG+ playthrough before the end of may, perhaps I'll load up a save of my first playthrough just for this.

Top Bottom