• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Th Witcher 3 - Blood and Wine 'New Region' trailer.

ISee

This game...
A masterpiece seems to get even better.

edit:
MkmPbww.gif

lol. I had no idea. This guy is indeed a very, very special person.

Wish it came out a few days earlier, I have the weekend just before completely open for this. Oh well, losing sleep for this will be worth it.

Hypron

I'm not liking the rat face. Spoilers for two main characters:

Round 1:
Regis getting tossed around like a sack of potatoes.

BdmowLE.jpg

Round 2 - I'm the Wolverine:

TliaPkD.jpg

That vampire must be insanely strong, because Regis is a monster to begin with
. In the books Geralt outright says
he's not sure he could take him on. We only see him fight once and he basically butchers a bunch of guys by moving so fast they can't even see what he's doing. He then grabs the big bad (Vilgefortz) by the neck before he even has a chance to react. It's a shame that Regis then fucks around instead of killing him and gets one-shot.

Exentryk

They've added five new general skills.

Some more pics of the new mutagen menu.

How it works: The big centre mutagen is called a synapse. These 12 new synapses take normal mutagens (red, green, blue) and EXP points to unlock, and research to identify. There's a specific NPC you have to go to do that, called Professor Moreau. His story is quite tragic, it was one of the things I read about that was added in the 1.12 strings.

Anyway, this new system apparently allows for easier mix and match (or hybrid) builds. With this new system, the four new skill slots can change colour, as you upgrade the centre synapse. So you could have two red and two blue. At least, I think that's what it trying to be said.

The more mutagen skills you upgrade, the bigger the centre synapse gets - level 1,2,3 ect. Every time that synapse upgrades, you get an extra slot (one of the four). The centre mutagen will give bonuses to the ability slots that are above or below it.

You can see all the new armours, and their stats in this video. Go to around 17m30s.

All the Grandmaster armours are level 40. No Viper Grandmaster, as that one is already level 39.

Awesome. Thanks for sharing! I also see some places of power in that map image. Nice!

Are the interface changes going to be for the base game also? I just started a new game and would rather wait if there are improvements

I wonder if yellow abilities no longer need to be slotted to work.

I think they still need to be slotted.

Here's Gopher's vid, I haven't seen it posted.

Anyone else notice the red bar under the yellow stamina one? I wonder what that's for? The potion icons also aren't super massive anymore, instead they're added more organically under the health bar.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BZ0KWrq.jpg[/IMG]

EDIT: They added back kikimores!

Yes! Please added them to Skellige, so that stupid kid who says "come here to kill the kikispores", can actually be true.

Exentryk

Anyone else notice the red bar under the yellow stamina one? I wonder what that's for? The potion icons also aren't super massive anymore, instead they're added more organically under the health bar.

The red bar is the adrenaline bar. Nice update on the potion/buff display, moving them to the side and reducing their size. I usually play with buffs in radial menu mod, so they didn't bother me, but this might mean I don't need that mod anymore.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm so unreasonably excited for this. Or reasonably, given the standard of quality I guess. I can't really think of a major release this year that I'm more sold on. Which isn't to downplay my excitement for other titles, but instead elevate my love for this series.

I'm currently on 250 hours of Wild Hunt, according to Steam, and I can see this pushing me towards 300 once I've exhausted all my comfy sight seeing and aimless wandering. Witcher is my escapism game.

And then will come a replay with all content from scratch...

- J - D -

An extra 4 skill slots?! Ahhhhh, that's the best news so far.

Knee-deep into a Death March run in prep for this currently (also for Hearts of Stone. Going to do both in one go. It's going to be awesome!).

Nordicus

The new radial menu

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RBwliaz.jpg[/IMG]

Hell yeah for "Change Bolt". Now could you please buff the crossbow too CDPR?

Exentryk

Sort of worked out what I want to do with my build (Hybrid Build 3.0) given these new additions. It's going to be pretty powerful.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I usually don't replay games, but a couple of years down the line, and if I can this game to run at 4K 60fps on a single card, I just might do it all over again.

A couple of years down the road shouldn't be an issue. I think the 1080 does like 48 frames maxed out at 4K. And that's with AA maxed out. So if you lower the AA (which I always do for 4K) you could get close. With the board partners OC cards, or maybe the Ti, it will definitely be doable.

A couple years from now? You should be destroying Wild Hunt at 4K.

Exentryk

A couple of years down the road shouldn't be an issue. I think the 1080 does like 48 frames maxed out at 4K. And that's with AA maxed out. So if you lower the AA (which I always do for 4K) you could get close. With the board partners OC cards, or maybe the Ti, it will definitely be doable.

A couple years from now? You should be destroying Wild Hunt at 4K.

Not at max settings. HBAO+ was not used, and neither was Hairworks for that 45 fps. Hairworks alone will take off like 20-30 fps on 4K. So, I think it will likely take a Volta Ti to get there (2019).

The new radial menu

Hell yeah for "Change Bolt". Now could you please buff the crossbow too CDPR?

One of the synapse mutagen skills does that.

I'm still annoyed that we can't get a separate radial menu for potions, bombs or oils. It's annoying having to go into the inv menu, it's why I use the Friendly HUD mod. At least they've fixed the sorting now.

I usually don't replay games, but a couple of years down the line, and if I can this game to run at 4K 60fps on a single card, I just might do it all over again.

I only see myself replaying TW3 if they do an EE which fixes some of my problems with the main story. It's just too long to replay. I've put in around 200 hours with HoS completed as well. The combat, although serviceable, isn't that good that I could see it being any better in NG+. I also got all the "right" choices. At least, as good as they could be. TW3 is much more black and white when compared to TW2, I feel.

I replay TW2 every year because it's pretty short. TW3 is just too long to do that.

Sort of worked out what I want to do with my build (Hybrid Build 3.0) given these new additions. It's going to be pretty powerful.

Give me some details. ;) I'm interested in hearing about other peoples builds.

Exentryk

I only see myself replaying TW3 if they do an EE which fixes some of my problems with the main story. It's just too long to replay. I've put in around 200 hours with HoS completed as well. The combat, although serviceable, isn't that good that I could see it being any better in NG+.

I replay TW2 every year because it's pretty short. TW3 is just too long to do that.

Yeah, that's fair. There are a few things that I haven't seen in this game, like
Letho
, since I chose to not simulate W2 save, and some other alternate quest decisions leading to different outcomes. So it'll be nice to see those.

Give me some details. ;) I'm interested in hearing about other people's builds.

Probably best to share once I can confirm it actually works, haha. Still need to figure out how many points I'll need exactly, whether the abilities work how I think they work, and to compare a couple of scenarios to see which gives more stats overall. Can only do that once I start playing.

But, if you're interested, you can check out my current build (Hybrid Build 2.0) -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ4uZaD1L6g

Top Bottom