• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That PS4 ambient menu music is pretty annoying right?

bomblord1

Banned
I absolutely adore the wiis ambient music so I don't have a problem with the idea. But yea the PS4's ambient music is a bit grating after a bit.

Diablos

I don’t mind it.

It’s clearly designed to not be distracting as you continue to hear it. Kind of turns into background noise.

horkrux

I really really wanted to have the Mirror's Edge Catalyst theme, which has some great music.

ALAS, they want to keep that locked to pre-orders. How could I know? Didn't even know that thing existed until after the fact.

God I want that theme

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
There's a free Resident Evil 20th Anniversary theme on the store that has a nice Save Room song in the background.

And Sony's free Four Seasons theme is a must for the Vita.

Bishop89

I mean, I didn't, but it really doesn't change the course of this thread. Even when I discovered it, it's burred kinda deep in the options menu.I would gather about 90% of owners will never see it.
What's your definition of deep?
Because it's right in your face in the sound menu..

Venfayth

I love it.

Also I installed a Touhou PS4 theme as a joke (I swear!) but now I unironically keep it on because I fell in love with the ambient menu music.

Melchiah

There's a free Resident Evil 20th Anniversary theme on the store that has a nice Save Room song in the background.

And Sony's free Four Seasons theme is a must for the Vita.

Is that NA only? There's no free RE 20th Anniversary theme in the EU store.

test_account

XP-39C²
Putting it in the quick menu (DS4 hold button), perhaps?
Thats basically the same though, going by numbers of steps. Dashboard -> holding down the PS-button -> Sound/Devices -> Turn on/off music. The only difference is that you're holding down the PS-button to get to the settings instead of just simply choosing "settings" from the menu/dashboard, and having to push down a few extra time to get to the sound settings.

Turning on or off the music is more of a one-time-thing as well i'd say. Its something that one turn on or off and are basically done with it. Its not a function that you need to have quick access too, in my opinion.

CyberChulo

I didn't mind it at first but I started to get annoyed one day when the little chimes and dings start to play over the background soothing sounds.

I actually really like the ambient menu music... I like it even moreso when using the Firewatch theme. The only thing I dislike are dynamic themes that replace the scrolling sounds. I forget the game, but I once had a theme that made a gun noise every time you moved around and it drove me nuts.

What's the best special theme on the playstation? I wish the Bloodborne for the plat did more. Like play the menu music as the ambient music lol

Korigama

No, I find it rather pleasant. I suppose I can add this to the list of things actually capable of annoying people around here, though (it clearly doesn't take much).

StereoVsn

I change themes quite often and I like having a theme background music on like Transistor, Firewatch, FFVII, 30th Anniversary, P5, etc....

Now if I stayed st the default theme I would have returned it off.

Edit: I highly recommend Firewatch, Transistor, and FFVII themes.

kennyamr

I've been using Nier Automata's PS4 theme song since a very long time and it was something else before that.
Don't really remember the original PS4 sound.

I may change it for the FFIX theme at some point although I gotta say that Nier's is really good.

I don't know man, I love it. Sounds pretty classy, so it fits the rather elegant PS4 UI very well.

Now, the Vita on the other hand...

GeeTeeCee

I would if I could.
Is it still tied to the 'Deluxe' edition of the game. I got the standard digital on Day 1, only to find out the next day the theme wasn't available solo. Is that still the case?

Looks like the theme is available separately now (on the US and UK PSN web stores anyway, I haven't checked any others).

I don't even remember what the default sounds like. I switched to the Transistor theme as soon as that game came out in 2014 and have been using it ever since. Never going to get sick of Red's humming.

Top Bottom