• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S4 |OT| Meltdowns of Epic Proportions - Wednesdays at 9/8C

Elandyll

Banned
Jasper should have been speared and killed instead of surviving.
Watch him become the vilain as they finally find a solution to the reactor problem and he realizes that what was making him so happy lately was not just the thought of an unavoidable apocalypse, but the idea that they were all going to die together.

Seeing Clarke end him will be traumatic to her, but so good for us.

If The 100 is good at something, it's at turning sympathetic characters into hated ones we watch die with glee ;)

Itachi
Obito
Maybe even Kakashi.

(Huge Naruto spoiler)
I still feel bad for Obito. All he wanted was acknowledgment, saw his best friend/love (Rin) getting killed by another best friend (kakashi), killed his own sensei, but more significantly his whole life was controlled by Madara (literally), later came to know Kakashi did not consciously kill Rin and came to know he was just a pawn in madara's plan, and then died saving kakashi.

But I have always hated Sasuke anyways, so I'm biased.

I'd say Sasuke definitely had it worse than Obito and Kakashi, who lost people, but didn't lose their entire family. Hell, Obito helped Itachi massacre the Uchiha.

Itachi is definitely up there, but way worse? Nah. But that's fine, it's off topic so I'll let it end here.

Joni

Naruto didn't have any friends or family until he was 12. Just a teacher that treated him to ramen. Everyone hated him and he failed school three years running. This before it turns out the entire world is out to get him, he has to kill a new friend that he thinks kills his real friend,... And then he ends up with a shit kid.

It should be a shut up Jasper moment where she shoots him in the middle of his villain monologue. "I killed an entire town to save my mom. I'm not going to let one person destroy the world."

kirblar

Watch him become the vilain as they finally find a solution to the reactor problem and he realizes that what was making him so happy lately was not just the thought of an unavoidable apocalypse, but the idea that they were all going to die together.

If The 100 is good at something, it's at turning sympathetic characters into hated ones we watch die with glee ;)
....godddamnit you are totally right.

Man v Nature and good TV doesn't really go together. He's going to be the not-so-big bad.

jasper is such a fucking loser. boo hoo the girl u crushed on for two weeks died. literally everyone has dealt with something heavier and aren't as annoying. monty had to gun down his own mother. these writers needed to pick a stronger reason for his attitude cuz it just comes off as lameeeee

I feel like character motivations are probably the biggest issue that this show has. A lot of people do really stupid and nonsensical stuff purely because the plot needs them to do that to cause the next big conflict. Finn's gunning down of the villagers in season 2, Bellamy's cooperation with what's-his-name to kill hundreds of grounders that are there to actually protect them. But Jasper has been insufferable since season 3 and it's really getting old. Also doesn't help that they sent away one of the most likable characters (Murphy) off to do who knows what.

Speaking of which the conflict between Skycrew and the grounders feels as forced as ever here. Through the show I don't feel like the grounders actually have any code that they follow despite it seeming like they do. For the most part they're always perpetually mad at Skycrew but not mad enough to outright declare war and wipe them out. In the other seasons there was a third party that they both had to contend with and that made things interesting but this season it appears there's nothing besides the looming threat of everyone dying to radiation, and in order to add additional conflict the Grounders have to be trying to kill them too.

At the end of last season I was hoping that all the reactors breaking down meant that they would have to travel the world to stabilize them to prevent the world from ending, meaning that we would get to see some new locations as well as other groups of grounders besides just the ones around the DC area. Unfortunately that seems to not be the direction they're taking the show and instead are setting It up for them to be stuck in a small area for 5 years. Maybe it's on me for expecting something different and not getting it but I'm not super stoked with this idea going forward.

I can't tell if me not being super into this season of The 100 so far is because my expectations have changed or because it is indeed a step down in quality from the previous seasons. I feel like they might be retreading some old ground here as the writers are running out of ways to insure that the main characters are always dealing with some major crisis that threatens to end their whole existence. The show has always had some major issues but before I felt there was enough good stuff that it did more then enough to outweigh the bad but this season there's no Mountain Men or Allie keeping things interesting. I'm hopeful that the season will turn things around as I really liked seasons 2 and 3 despite all their flaws and I want this season to be as great.

All the negativity aside I loved their resolution to the duel conflict. Octavia just killing the guy was brilliant and I hope to see more stuff like that in the future.

Smoolio

Definitely agree with Finn, hope one day for this with Jasper and Bellamy. But if anyone thought this with Lexa and Lincoln, I don't want to know you.

Joni

Definitely agree with Finn, hope one day for this with Jasper and Bellamy. But if anyone thought this with Lexa and Lincoln, I don't want to know you.

Lincoln's actor became annoying when it turned out he got a different job, so glad he died.

Lincoln's actor became annoying when it turned out he got a different job, so glad he died.

tumblr_og58exxwHB1smo49qo4_400.gif

kyser73

My lady Octavia bringing the pointy sticks in the ear. First Ep she goes full Ezio with that sliding double kill, this Ep she's fully dark and strikes silently.

Probably my favourite character since the show started.

Pachimari

I'm at the end of Season 1 and got 3 episodes left. That whole virus was something else, I freaking hate Murphy. Hope he dies in the finale. And that bomb at the bridge would have been a fine moment if Raven had taken the shot and sacrificed herself. I don't even know if I have a favorite character of the camp. Jasper seems alright, especially when he got the support of his friend but everyone else has done something doubtful. I got a soft spot for Octavia though.

I'll finish Season 1 tomorrow.

Dynasty

I'm at the end of Season 1 and got 3 episodes left. That whole virus was something else, I freaking hate Murphy. Hope he dies in the finale. And that bomb at the bridge would have been a fine moment if Raven had taken the shot and sacrificed herself. I don't even know if I have a favorite character of the camp. Jasper seems alright, especially when he got the support of his friend but everyone else has done something doubtful. I got a soft spot for Octavia though.

I'll finish Season 1 tomorrow.

Get ready for the greatness that is season 2.

Pachimari

Get ready for the greatness that is season 2.
I'm trying not to get my excitement too much up but I've heard a lot of praise about it. I hope the stuff on Earth gets more interesting and that it won't just be all warfare, because with three episodes left of the first season , the whole ordeal in space is more interesting than the young ones survival on Earth.

Also, Octavia is so cute.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
That is the most generic episode description ever and could have been used for at least 10 past ones.

Hahah so true.
Makes me think something big is going to happen. This reads like when shows put out a description for season finales.

I hope this bunker is legit, but I get the feeling it won't be what they're looking for.

Edit: Knew it. When she said she knew the technique well.

Okay.... as expected, I could see that. That's a lot of bodies.

Oh right, smooth.

Edit: Bellamy is IN. Not surprised though even if it weren't Clarke, the guy's been a trooper.

Well I'm glad they've finally given the show a way forward. There's zero chance the show would continue with 100 people in a bunker. That would waste 100% of their efforts making the Grounders and their culture. I was sitting here the last two eps just trying to figure what sort of trick the show would try and pull, while the episodes just got bleaker and bleaker. Obviously the endgame will be to somehow quick mutate everybody to have black blood.

I was disappointed we didn't see Clarke definitively leave Jasper off the list.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I didn't like this episode. Felt like 10 minutes worth of story stretched out over an hour.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
PREVIEW SPOILERS:
Looks like it doesn't take long for Jasper to fuck up again! If there is a god, the black rain will give him a painful slow death.

enjoyed this episode. i really like this tension between raven and clarke. its astonishing how much better the quality is when kaine or jasper aren't in the episode.

Octavia: Post-apocalyptic warrior princess with perfect make-up.

Yeah pretty much the whole cast is the spectrum of what the creators assume is a teenage power fantasy in a post apocalyptic re-do of society.

I can't tell if I'm getting old or not but I ask myself "where are the adults".

Feels like a dramatic retelling of a video game that never existed.

Still good though!

Joni

Yeah pretty much the whole cast is the spectrum of what the creators assume is a teenage power fantasy in a post apocalyptic re-do of society.

I can't tell if I'm getting old or not but I ask myself "where are the adults".

Feels like a dramatic retelling of a video game that never existed.

Still good though!
I don't mind that, it is just that the makeup department either failed to remove her makeup or thought they were on the set of Riverdale. Seemed like she had blush, and her cheekbones were highlighted.

aku:jiki

I didn't like this episode. Felt like 10 minutes worth of story stretched out over an hour.
The bunker shit was the most shameless filler I think the show has ever seen. They neither gained nor lost anything, didn't learn anything and it wasn't beneficial or detrimental to their character growth. It was just pure pointless filler.

I hated this episode besides that. Literally everything that happened felt stupid. And they pulled the "sacrificing many to save one" shit again! Twice! Once with the radiation meds, then again with the flamekeeper. Ugh, that scene with Abby throwing the blame on Raven pissed me off. What's next, sacrificing 200 people to save a mouse with three broken legs and an inoperable brain tumor?

Ugh, that scene with Abby throwing the blame on Raven pissed me off. What's next, sacrificing 200 people to save a mouse with three broken legs and an inoperable brain tumor?

Yeah, that bothered me too. Raven is ensuring others don't die years from now but Abby is getting all in her face about it. Fuck her.

Also, the idea of the human body filtering out radiation like that is still absurd to me.

I liked the return of Luna and the Nightblood effects are intriguing.

Raven is still my number one, but I like a lot what they have done with Octavia this season.

Top Bottom