• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S4 |OT| Meltdowns of Epic Proportions - Wednesdays at 9/8C

Heh yeah, Jasper had that coming from other stuff.
Octavia gonna lay down some hurt later.

Welp...he's going all in.

Edit: Nice job.

Boring episode. They need to stop with this whole "on the brink of war with the Grounders" bullshit. It was fine in season 1 and it made sense in season 2 before they were actually able to make an alliance, but it started to get old in season 3 and it still is now. This schtick is overused for the show and I am not here for it.

I love Luna's hair. Jasper can fuck right off.

I like how they've been showing Clarke dealing with the burdens of leadership, but I can't help but feel like they're doing it poorly. I can't quite put my finger on it; maybe it's her lack of emotion or the tiredness I feel as a viewer in seeing her suffer emotionally for the fourth season in a row, but jesus. She hasn't seen significant development in two fucking seasons and only exists to solve everyone else's issues. I wish they would have her actually grow or change in some way; sure, she is growing as a leader and discovering the struggles that come with it, but the portrayal is lackluster and tiring at best. Clarke is this season's Bellamy (from s3); there isn't enough material to fully showcase the range in which the character changes, whether that be for better or worse.

Echo is great. Yeah she's kind of a bitch but she's fierce as fuck and understands compassion and the desires of other people. Really glad they brought her back.

Octavia is awesome, holy shit. I can't wait to see what kind of ass she's gonna kick later on.

Everyone being a Nightblood is a really cool concept. If it works, it'll throw the whole "ascension" concept for a loop and will change Grounder culture. And y'all know how much of a sucker I am for that shit.

That octavia fight scene, pretty bad. She so absolutely isn't dead, that whole bit feels completely contrived just so people (belllamy) can get some extra motivation. I mean honestly no one out there buys that she's dead. so why underestimate the audience intelligence that she even might be.

Elandyll

Banned
Jasper needs to fucking die, but I thought it was otherwise a good to great episode.
Bit disappointed by Monty, but from his perspective I guess it was easy to think that Clarke was / is turning into Jaha light. Specially with Jasper's little skit.

This being said, I'm glad they showed that Clarke isn't this "can never make a bad decision and always gets everybody on board with her crazy plans" natural leader. She is good, and ruthless when she needs to be, but she still is only what, 19 (in the show)? She doesn't have the experience, even with (generally) good instincts, and it shows.

Jaha manipulated that crowd like a boss, and I was fully expecting him to wink at Clarke when she (rightfully) objected that they can't rely on luck to have a well balanced group of survivors, and to say "does it -Need- to be truly random, or do they just need to believe it is"?

Glad to see Bellamy's fuck ups aren't forgotten, even if it's always easier to forgive when someone mass murders people from another group than your own (and remember that a big majority of Skikru sided with Pike).

Octavia stays winning, with a bit of a scare, but she truly is the current show's MVP. Wonder where Indra is?

Lying always comes back to bite you Kane, you of all people should know that. Not sure why Echo seems to hate Skikru that much after the help received with Mount Weather. They might need to provide more backstory there, beside the "Alie bad" thing.

Last, great interractions with Raven and Murphy providing 2 of the best lines and deliveries seen in the show inbrecent memory...

Murphy: I have never met a line I didn't cross

Raven: Everybody knows you're still a dick.

Also appreciated: re-activating the drone perimeter to fend off potential raiders after they got in was smart.

Dynasty

Yh I was wondering if they were going to bring up, Murphy's bunker. Murphy and Octavia are the best characters of the show, got a feeling Murphy's GF is going to die.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I liked this episode, especially compared to last week.

So they're officially done trying to make peace with the Grounders, right? Seems like a wasted effort at this point.

"Why the fuck is Bellamy bawling like that?"

*hours later*

"Oh yeah, they were siblings... I forgot about that."

Aside from that I enjoyed Clarke seeing things from Jaha's perspective and realising why he acted the way he did on the station. Him defusing that situation is why experience matters and why I've always been critical of Clarke being put in charge (we all know Kane is a figurehead) without any oversight.

C4Lukins

So I just started the series last week, and just finished episode 7 of season 3, no spoilers. But I always keep up with IMDB scores just because typically I rate episodes as I watch them in order to keep a sort of memory of when a series goes up and down.

And it was one of the better episodes of the series. And I guess I am old compared with the general audience of the show, but that episode is the lowest rated on IMDB for the entire series. I guess the younglings simply cannot deal, because I thought it was a top 5 episode, and there were a few really awful episodes before it this season alone.

I still need to catch up, but I am having fun with this crazy combo of a half dozen other series combined into one.

So I just started the series last week, and just finished episode 7 of season 3, no spoilers. But I always keep up with IMDB scores just because typically I rate episodes as I watch them in order to keep a sort of memory of when a series goes up and down.

And it was one of the better episodes of the series. And I guess I am old compared with the general audience of the show, but that episode is the lowest rated on IMDB for the entire series. I guess the younglings simply cannot deal, because I thought it was a top 5 episode, and there were a few really awful episodes before it this season alone.

I still need to catch up, but I am having fun with this crazy combo of a half dozen other series combined into one.

Hell hath no fury like a Lexa fan scorned

In a Very Special Episode of The 100, we learn that lying and dishonesty to your friends are bad things and only lead to people getting hurt and friendships ruined.

We also learned that the writers must've watched The Lord of the Rings recently because that Octavia "death" was a straight copy of Aragorn's "death".

I love Luna's hair. Jasper can fuck right off.

I like how they've been showing Clarke dealing with the burdens of leadership, but I can't help but feel like they're doing it poorly. I can't quite put my finger on it; maybe it's her lack of emotion or the tiredness I feel as a viewer in seeing her suffer emotionally for the fourth season in a row, but jesus. She hasn't seen significant development in two fucking seasons and only exists to solve everyone else's issues. I wish they would have her actually grow or change in some way; sure, she is growing as a leader and discovering the struggles that come with it, but the portrayal is lackluster and tiring at best. Clarke is this season's Bellamy (from s3); there isn't enough material to fully showcase the range in which the character changes, whether that be for better or worse.

Echo is great. Yeah she's kind of a bitch but she's fierce as fuck and understands compassion and the desires of other people. Really glad they brought her back.

Luna has been a jerk since day 1, but she is a beautiful jerk.

I think the problem for Clarke is that there's been no breathing space for her to reflect. All of the Alie shit and...uh...someone's death... led straight into this radiation nightmare. She hasn't had time to think, only react. Her personality has always been that she knows what's best, since season 1, but she doesn't exactly have the people skills that makes a good democratic leader. Maybe she'll learn a thing from Jaha.

I was wondering why Echo looked guilty when Bellamy was bawling; I forgot that she and him had a history. I like her too, in part because she's one of the few characters whose motives you can't pin down. And yet she seems like she's probably a decent person.

So now they got themselves this sweet lab to work in... Okay.

And yes, Luna is beautiful. *HearteyesEmoji*

Idk what's worst. Octavia dropping from a high ass cliff by a minor wound and still lived or Bellamy's crying.

That cliff fall was cheesy, I knew it was gonna happen and I laughed when it did, water was in no way deep enough, never mind falling from that height would probably kill you too. Seen this sort of thing happen so many times that I didn't buy for a second they were really killing her. I also kinda laughed at Bellamy's crying, not sure if it was the acting or the way it was shot, maybe both.

Smoolio

Recreating the exact same trope from Buffy 15 years ago deserves that rating imo.

Man, fuck that dumb Octavia cliff fall. Couldn't even wait til the next episode to revealing she's alive was pretty lame. Dunno about that silly running around in forest being chased by drones bit either, but I guess they found somewhere nice to do science. Clarke and the list problem was the highlight for me. Monty suddenly reading it out loud was great and so was Jaha bringing up a lottery.

Still wish my local CW feed was in HD. Feels like I'm watching old VHS tape recordings. Kinda takes the wind out of the already iffy production values.

Anyone know how many episodes left?

Top Bottom