• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S4 |OT| Meltdowns of Epic Proportions - Wednesdays at 9/8C

Yeah... That whole bunker deal turned out to be just an excuse to get Clarke away from the place as Luna show's up. They never really explained what the black stuff/original nightblood Allie's creator did, did they? I mean besides the obvious including showing her surviving the high radiation of the post-nuked world. I don't remember, wasn't it supposed to be something she was working on for everyone before the shit hit the fan?

Also disappointing that they aren't travelling to try and turn off those reactors.

That's what I thought this was going.

EDIT :Jeez, two topics in a row with the top page...

LakeEarth

So the vault was just ... built around in the cave? You'd think after renovating a gigantic nuclear bunker, they'd spring for some hardwood or something.

EDIT - realistically, once nuclear reactors start melting down there is no "off" switch, all you can do is mitigate (i.e. constantly pumping water in it to cool it down) which obviously they don't have the ability or knowledge to do.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I also thought they'd be traveling to fix the reactors. Or at least the ones nearby. Even if the locations looked like the Vancouver wilderness, that would've been nice. The show seems really gung-ho about moving up the timeline for this disaster. Now they've only got 2 months.

The drama in Polis just isn't hitting for me this season. It seems so small potatoes compared to the world literally ending. Plus, a character we've never heard of stealing something that causes more drama for King Roan, in addition to being related to Indra. I love that Octavia is getting center stage in that arc but Grounder Politics is just too manufactured this year.

On the positive side, like I said, big thumbs up for Octavia getting more to do. Same goes for Raven being instrumental to their survival no matter what. Jaha giving leadership lessons is also a good usage of his character if we're going to play the "There are no easy answers" Game. So is Clarke literally the leader now? It seems weird to me that all the adults are being so hands off with...you know...not dying in a few months and are leaving it up to Clarke, Bellamy, and Raven?

Thought it was a decent episode and season 4 is starting off stronger than season 3. It was an awesome show in its first two seasons but the quality dipped last season IMO. It seems to be back on form now though and I'm looking forward to following this every week.

Love that Octavia is now a complete badass - even if her transformation is a little unexpected.

Main problem is there is no sense of adventure anymore. I felt it again last night when they were going to the bunker,
but it basically ended right away because they only spent like 5 seconds inside it

Joni

The drama in Polis just isn't hitting for me this season. It seems so small potatoes compared to the world literally ending. Plus, a character we've never heard of stealing something that causes more drama for King Roan, in addition to being related to Indra. I love that Octavia is getting center stage in that arc but Grounder Politics is just too manufactured this year.
It works fine to make the world bigger if they take the chance to go deeper in the clan politics at Trikru and how the flamekeepers works. I'm giving time to see how they will evolve that plot.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
It works fine to make the world bigger if they take the chance to go deeper in the clan politics at Trikru and how the flamekeepers works. I'm giving time to see how they will evolve that plot.

This is true. You never know with this show. I didn't think the ALIE stuff would pay off until the end of Season 3 but it ended up taking center stage midway through.

sammex

possibly spoilery theory

tumblr_inline_o441mc2XsQ1t59nmz_500.png

Nightblood injection briefcase from last season is still in Polis isn't it?

Main problem is there is no sense of adventure anymore. I felt it again last night when they were going to the bunker,
but it basically ended right away because they only spent like 5 seconds inside it

I recognised the actor who played the cult leader and expected him to have a bigger role. Even to the point where I thought they were going to be revealed to be in cryogenic pods or something.

A small part of me likes to think there's going to be a little bit more to it. I mean there has to be something more beyond this reactor story. It is only the beginning of the season after all.

I figured who'd be in the ark would be a lottery or something, after key people needed to keep it running.

Also at some point Roan gonna figure out the only 100 plan and march on them surely?

That is of course a writer decision so they don't have to show them travelling.

Which is a shame because that might've made this season actually interesting. As someone else said, this entire episode was just swimming in place, except for the beat at the end about Luna.

I'm guessing this is heading towards Luna taking the chip and taking her rightful place as the leader. Not without a big fight of course.

Which brings us to Octavia, who seems to be descending quickly into bloodlust. I'm guessing they're setting her up to take Roan's side, maybe going against Skaikru. I liked her character much better when she was just indifferent to everyone.

Joni

I figured who'd be in the ark would be a lottery or something, after key people needed to keep it running.

Also at some point Roan gonna figure out the only 100 plan and march on them surely?
Unless he is on the list. An experienced hunter is worth the time

JASPER IS SO ANNOYING PLEASE DIE

Okay...this whole business with the hydro generator and hydrazine.....they do realize that even a slight exposure to hydrazine can give you cancer, right? Like...for my job...if you get exposed to it twice in your entire career they discharge you because you're basically guaranteed to get sick and die

But no, they're only concerned with it exploding.

I'm all caught up.

There's no way Clarke is gonna go through with having her name on the list. No fuckin way. I bet you my left toe she's gonna take her name off of it at the last second if it comes to that. Bookmark me.

She's gonna sacrifice herself to save her people as she's always done and then she'll frolic in the afterlife with her bae. Bellamy will get with Echo and Raven will get with Octavia and all will be right in the world.

Speaking of, holy shit??? OCTAVIA???? I LOVE YOU??? According to the trailer we're probably gonna see her kick some major ass this season and I am 300% here for it. When did she get so badass tho? Like one second she was crying over Lincoln after killing P*ke and now she's a bloodthirsty assassin. Whatevs. I ain't complaining.

Pretty cool about Indra and her daughter. I liked how they showcased the Nightblood scout occupation a little bit more. Which brings me to...

Luna and her Nightblood-ness is the cure to humanity. I'm gonna go out on a fucking limb here and guess that they're going to try to make everyone else a Nightblood, too, to protect them from the radiation. Could Commander Clarke actually be a possibility? Am I dreaming? Or even Octavia? Cause we all know Clarke's days are numbered :')

Other random thoughts: Monty is cute, Jasper needs to die ASAP, Raven is getting on my nerves with how much of a tightass she is, Bellamy still sucks major cajones, Jaha is fucking useless and I have no idea why he's still on this fucking show, I love seeing Naiko appear at random ass times, and I will bet my RIGHT toe this time and say that Octavia and Dots-On-Forehead fuckboy are gonna bang.

If nightblood is nanites (which would help with the interface between the brain and the chip) then it'd explain the miraculous healing ability. Replicate those and distribute them through the atmosphere and it'll sort out the radiation problem.

Because honestly saving people (through making them nightbloods) only to see the world die doesn't seem like a good setup for future seasons. Not unless we're going for a completely barren earth in which our heroes starve to death.

Raven is getting on my nerves with how much of a tightass she is

Yeah, what a tight ass! It's not as if she has to shoulder the burden of ensuring the survival of 100 people for years! Oh wait...

If nightblood is nanites (which would help with the interface between the brain and the chip) then it'd explain the miraculous healing ability. Replicate those and distribute them through the atmosphere and it'll sort out the radiation problem.

Because honestly saving people (through making them nightbloods) only to see the world die doesn't seem like a good setup for future seasons. Not unless we're going for a completely barren earth in which our heroes starve to death.

Yeah, what a tight ass! It's not as if she has to shoulder the burden of ensuring the survival of 100 people for years! Oh wait...

This isn't the Raven I know and love okay

Yeah, I've been following this season 'cause the premise is actually super interesting, but so far, there aren't any real dots to connect that lead to a logical resolution to the issue at hand.

Yeah, I've been following this season 'cause the premise is actually super interesting, but so far, there aren't any real dots to connect that lead to a logical resolution to the issue at hand.

This show doesn't usually do that until at least halfway through. And then some huge metaphorical wrench comes flying out of nowhere and fucks everyone in the ass.

Joni

And then Revolution Season 3 starts.

Also, what's the plan for them all after this? So they survive the initial radiation but the ecosystem is completely screwed sideways because the insects and animals are all dead. If the plants aren't all done with then the lack of those things is going to do a number on them.

This isn't the Raven I know and love okay

Clarke can make all the lists she likes but Ravens got to actually build the thing that saves them all. That's a LOT of responsibility. On top of that she's got to deal with do-gooder Abby getting in her face.

More like every shitty situation/choice leads to an even more shitty situation/choice.

It's like Sophie's Choice...except all the time

Save 500 with a water generator or free your peeps from slavery? Let everyone be mindless zombies in a virtual reality or doom them to the reality of another world ending radiation disaster? Kill your boyfriend yourself and deal with the guilt forever or let him be tortured mercilessly? Eradicate an entire society of innocent people or let your friends die? The possibilities are endless!

This season's been great so far. Loving bloodthirsty Octavia. I actually think they did a great job evolving her character since the first season.

I've already said it and pretty sure I did multiple times but just the idea of Clarke and Bellamy becoming a thing makes me want to retch. From what I remember Eliza and Bob don't seem to be fond of the idea either.

Bellamy and Finn both sssssuuuuuck.

Grizzlyjin

Season 1 and 2 Bellamy was good people. He was instrumental in taking down Mt Weather. Now Finn, he imploded spectacularly. It felt like the writers hated the character. He went from being the voice of reason that backed up Clarke in Season 1 to this unstable and smarmy dude in Season 2. I watched S1 and S2 back to back, and it was jarring how much that character changed when S2 started. Season 3 Bellamy had some shades of that too and they're trying to walk it all back now with his Redemption Tour.

Joni

Season 1 and 2 Bellamy was good people. He was instrumental in taking down Mt Weather. Now Finn, he imploded spectacularly. It felt like the writers hated the character. He went from being the voice of reason that backed up Clarke in Season 1 to this unstable and smarmy dude in Season 2. I watched S1 and S2 back to back, and it was jarring how much that character changed when S2 started. Season 3 Bellamy had some shades of that too and they're trying to walk it all back now with his Redemption Tour.

According to the rumour mill back then, it wasn't the character they hated.

What Redemption Tour? He hasn't done shit 🤔

They've killed off some good characters without necessity. Finn and Lincoln were both great characters that strengthened the show and it feels like the writers used them as plot devices for shocking moments when the show would have been better off keeping them around. Finn was good as the voice of reason and had excellent chemistry with Clarke for example as well as being a strong love interest and it just felt like they needlessly killed him off for ratings. Same with Lincoln - great character that was obliterated way too early IMO.

Looking forward to the next episode on Wednesday. The show's back on form with this season, starting off much stronger than the last.

Joni

They've killed off some good characters without necessity. Finn and Lincoln were both great characters that strengthened the show and it feels like the writers used them as plot devices for shocking moments when the show would have been better off keeping them around. Finn was good as the voice of reason and had excellent chemistry with Clarke for example as well as being a strong love interest and it just felt like they needlessly killed him off for ratings. Same with Lincoln - great character that was obliterated way too early IMO.

That is simple not the case though. Thomas McDonell went nuts, his Twitter being proof. There is a reason he has done nothing since. Ricky Whittle says he was bullied away, but he did take another job so he had to go for simple logistical reasons.

Pachimari

Wow, so I just finished Season 1. That was one heck of a fight. I wonder where Lincoln has taken Octavia, what happened to Bellamy and Finn, and if Raven has somehow survived. And who these mountain men are, what Monty and Clarke and probably the rest are doing at a quarantine zone at Mount Wether. I'm thinking Abby and the other survivors are gonna come to their rescue or something. Man I really liked Raven, I hope she will be somehow well, even if she have to be in a rolling chair. Very interesting end. And kudos to the Chancellor, he did well.

Looking forward to watch Season 2.

Joni

Wow, so I just finished Season 1. That was one heck of a fight. I wonder where Lincoln has taken Octavia, what happened to Bellamy and Finn, and if Raven has somehow survived. And who these mountain men are, what Monty and Clarke and probably the rest are doing at a quarantine zone at Mount Wether. I'm thinking Abby and the other survivors are gonna come to their rescue or something. Man I really liked Raven, I hope she will be somehow well, even if she have to be in a rolling chair. Very interesting end. And kudos to the Chancellor, he did well.

Looking forward to watch Season 2.

I can only recommend you to get out of the topic until you're up to date.

kirblar

It seemed like they were trying to go for a "Hillary voted to authorize use of force in Iraq" thing w/ him and completely botched it by having him actively go murder people.

Finn needed to go away and him getting killed off was a great creative decision, even if it was due to the actor having issues.

Grizzlyjin

What Redemption Tour? He hasn't done shit 🤔

But he's sorry, we see that. Mass murder on The 100 is like forgetting to turn your porch light off. Everyone has done it, and you just get a light scolding from your neighbor in the morning.

But he's sorry, we see that. Mass murder on The 100 is like forgetting to turn your porch light off. Everyone has done it, and you just get a light scolding from your neighbor in the morning.

Lol people have been riding Clarke's dick for two seasons now about Mount Weather but Bellamy gets a free pass for some reason

"People die when you're in charge" and "you murdered 300 innocent people!" vs "You gotta forgive yourself, Bellamy"

Clarke was obviously sorry too and struggled with the guilt hardcore when she ran away but I digress

💁

Bellamy doesn't really seem sorry. Neither does Jaha. They seem more sorry that they ended up on the wrong side and got publicly shamed for what they did. Like a kid who was told they did something bad, but don't really understand why except that they're in trouble.

Top Bottom