• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S4 |OT| Meltdowns of Epic Proportions - Wednesdays at 9/8C

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The cliff fall was quite predictable: it was either that or straight jumping into the water.

The whole sequence was heavily telegraphed. I still liked it though. The fight choreography wasn't spectacular but it was a good character moment for Octavia. She isn't gonna be taken alive.

I expected Bellamy to kill Echo then and there.
Maybe that is more a Clarke thing.

Hard to do when he was chained up, with no weapon.

Jasper has been a dick, but his line to Clarke at the end about the foam prank was funny.

Raven proved once again why she is the best character by saving them with the drones.

I really like the fact the show continues to toss the characters into difficult situations, it always has some energy going.

I kinda want the black rain scene to come again later with Jasper doing the same thing but this time it's legit radioactive acid rain leading to him melting alive.

bellamy isn't going to kill echo.

Octavia about to do her third form and kill her and she'll give no fucks anymore. her feels will be gone after this. also fuck jasper. i'm going to die i don't care. sees list. fuck you you attention whore. also monty and harper should go out in the woods and make a baby.

Thought it was a pretty good episode. Lots of twists and they conveyed a sense of dread and tension really well. IMO season 4 is much stronger than 3 already and it has barely begun. I was a little shocked at Octavia but knew they wouldn't kill her off - she's too important a character I think. Had my doubts for a minute there or so however.

Good episode and looking forward to next week. Show's back on form IMO.

In a Very Special Episode of The 100, we learn that lying and dishonesty to your friends are bad things and only lead to people getting hurt and friendships ruined.

We also learned that the writers must've watched The Lord of the Rings recently because that Octavia "death" was a straight copy of Aragorn's "death".

Luna has been a jerk since day 1, but she is a beautiful jerk.

I think the problem for Clarke is that there's been no breathing space for her to reflect. All of the Alie shit and...uh...someone's death... led straight into this radiation nightmare. She hasn't had time to think, only react. Her personality has always been that she knows what's best, since season 1, but she doesn't exactly have the people skills that makes a good democratic leader. Maybe she'll learn a thing from Jaha.

I was wondering why Echo looked guilty when Bellamy was bawling; I forgot that she and him had a history. I like her too, in part because she's one of the few characters whose motives you can't pin down. And yet she seems like she's probably a decent person.

I feel like this is the perfect time for her to reflect, though. The radiation is something that can only be resolved with hard work and time, and we haven't seen her do anything other than write a list and bark orders at other people, so it just feels like a waste of an opportunity for proper character growth.

I'm loving the "radiation's coming and we're all going to die" plot of this season. Last season felt like it just meandered and never went anywhere where as this season there's this sense of foreboding dread and urgency to the story that was lacking before. It's making for some compelling television and strong story momentum kicking things off with a bang.

Is this the last season or is that still undecided as of yet?

That cliff fall was cheesy, I knew it was gonna happen and I laughed when it did, water was in no way deep enough, never mind falling from that height would probably kill you too. Seen this sort of thing happen so many times that I didn't buy for a second they were really killing her.

It was but like some others I think it was fine since she wasn't going to be taken alive. While they probably wanted that height to make it seem like she couldn't survive, I think what they could have done better was the brief moment we saw it to me there seemed to be a lot of rocks in there (also when she landed in the water and they had extra blood) making it seem pretty shallow like you said when they showed the shots from Octavia's POV at the top. They could have at least made it appear deeper/less rocky, but that did make it somewhat effective.

Still glad she made it, she's the best thing in the show, love watching her kick ass and take names.

Edit: Oh yeah, I do agree, Raven is pretty cool too. She had a really good ep.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Jasper is being so obnoxious that I don't see how they let him live. I hate asking for character deaths, but he's on my last nerve. Clarke should've had the guards tune him up a little before setting him free. Maybe they can beat the Fatalistic Prick routine out of him.

Raven is the key. She will save them all.

I feel like this is the perfect time for her to reflect, though. The radiation is something that can only be resolved with hard work and time, and we haven't seen her do anything other than write a list and bark orders at other people, so it just feels like a waste of an opportunity for proper character growth.

My read on their shitty character development is that Clarke has refused this whole time to depend on anyone else, and kept wanting to bear the mantle of leadership on her own because she didn't really trust anyone else not to fuck up, but this finally caught up with her because she couldn't figure out a plan to save everyone, and choose not to tell Roan or Skaikru what was really going on. So she's had to learn a harsh lesson. But it feels mean-spirited by the writers because what else is Clarke going to do? She was again put in an impossible situation.

The radiation doesn't seem like something that was ever going to be resolved through hard work. Assuming they could get the ship patched up in time, they'd still lack food supplies due to the rest of the environment being totally irradiated, and how long would the ship protect them? It was always a bad plan. So all the episodes this season have just been swimming in place in order to get us to the nightblood scenario.

Jasper is being so obnoxious that I don't see how they let him live. I hate asking for character deaths, but he's on my last nerve. Clarke should've had the guards tune him up a little before setting him free. Maybe they can beat the Fatalistic Prick routine out of him.

Raven is the key. She will save them all.

I always felt a good role for Jasper before ending him, would be to colnel kurtz him to some place. He gets exiled and you don't see him for a season, then later next season we see him again as a devolved leader of savage mutant men, with some really sketchy monologues, and he maybe gets to kill a big character to sell his craziness.

I have no problems with these kids being fuckups. I mean, they're kids afterall. But the lack of PTSD in this show is astounding. Gratz on Finn getting a bit.

My read on their shitty character development is that Clarke has refused this whole time to depend on anyone else, and kept wanting to bear the mantle of leadership on her own because she didn't really trust anyone else not to fuck up, but this finally caught up with her because she couldn't figure out a plan to save everyone, and choose not to tell Roan or Skaikru what was really going on. So she's had to learn a harsh lesson. But it feels mean-spirited by the writers because what else is Clarke going to do? She was again put in an impossible situation.

The radiation doesn't seem like something that was ever going to be resolved through hard work. Assuming they could get the ship patched up in time, they'd still lack food supplies due to the rest of the environment being totally irradiated, and how long would the ship protect them? It was always a bad plan. So all the episodes this season have just been swimming in place in order to get us to the nightblood scenario.

I can see that. Maybe I'm just jaded, idk

She's already dead.

Stop this!!!!!!

jelly

#ProtectRavenReyes2k17

tumblr_olt7u2GDvX1ubn6olo1_500.gif

Grizzlyjin

I thought that was a great episode. Nobody can catch a break on this show, I swear. Crossing my fingers that they let Raven keep her ALIE Superpowers. We haven't seen Raven this happy in awhile. Death Flags are waving like crazy...but I think it's gonna be Abby, not Raven. They both have the same issue. Raven is gung-ho to use it, so she'll run the ball most of the way and then Abby will take it those last few yards.

Niylah showing up was a welcome surprise. I hope she's sticking around. Monty and Octavia continue to be the MVPs of the season.

The compromise between Roan and Clarke was sooooooooo shitty. 50 people a piece?! And that's still with their shitty "ride it out" backup plan. There was no way Clarke would have been able to sell that. The NEW 100 was bad enough. Guess it's a moot issue now.

LOL Ilian you dipshit, guess now it's all on the Nightblood though it kinda was anyway, the show wasn't going to go back to being in basically a bunker.

#pikewasright

You can't trust any of those damn grounders, certainly not now there is no spirit of the commander chip in play to ensure any sense of continuity from leader to leader.

Joni

Clarke finally making a move on the right Blake! Really spectacular episode, pulling the chair from underneath them at every turn.

LakeEarth

They just let a grounder unattended in their camp? Just 'thanks for bringing Octavia for us, you know your way out right?' The writers really want me to buy that shit? You lazy fucks.

Crossing my fingers that they let Raven keep her ALIE Superpowers. We haven't seen Raven this happy in awhile.

No one gets to be happy on The 100. It only turns to radioactive ashes in their mouth.

LOL Ilian you dipshit, guess now it's all on the Nightblood though it kinda was anyway, the show wasn't going to go back to being in basically a bunker.

I don't know if the Nightblood plan is shot, but they certainly aren't going back to space now. Not when that fuckboy grounder just blew up all the hydrazine. Clarke needs to go Wanheda on his ass directly.

That was one of the most fucking ridiculous Instant Infernos I've ever seen on TV though.

btw what did mutant Clarke say?

A lot more contrivances and filler as if the story couldn't fit the air time so got stretched.

Which is a jarring change after the frenetic first two seasons.

Sober

They just let a grounder unattended in their camp? Just 'thanks for bringing Octavia for us, you know your way out right?' The writers really want me to buy that shit? You lazy fucks.
At least everyone literally left so it made half a lick of sense.

I mean at least Arkadia sent everyone with guns to fight off the Ice Nation army. I guess.

At least everyone literally left so it made half a lick of sense.

I mean at least Arkadia sent everyone with guns to fight off the Ice Nation army. I guess.

Skaikru's population seems to magically expand and contract depending on what the plot requires. For a while it seemed like they only had about 50-100 people left, and then this season it seemed more like 200-500, and now in the last episode it was like they were back to 50. Like their guard unit left, but there should have been tons of people roaming the halls looking suspiciously at a grounder with a cart full of tech and gasoline.

Joni

The population varies because they are simply split up. There was the group with Raven which is about 10 named characters, three named ones caught in polis with probably some unnamed ones dead, the group that goes to stop Roan is about ten seen but could be up to 20. And then there is the group out hunting of unknown size with no named characters. Food gathering is getting harder according to the conversation so there are probably a lot of people doing long hours. This could be where Jaha and Jasper are.

So we would only see the crew that is working on Arkadia in Arkadia. So there is an explanation for their cheapness and all the smart people being away.

CSJ

I don't know if the Nightblood plan is shot, but they certainly aren't going back to space now. Not when that fuckboy grounder just blew up all the hydrazine. Clarke needs to go Wanheda on his ass directly.

If I remember correctly, on the map they showed the hydrazine stored underground away from the camp. I assume this is still the case.

If I remember correctly, on the map they showed the hydrazine stored underground away from the camp. I assume this is still the case.

I could have misheard, but I thought Octavia warned the anti-tech guy that the ship's fuel stores (I assume this is the hydrazine) were directly underneath the server room and everything would go boom if he set fire to it.

Did I miss that the show was on break this week?

Also, am I the only one who didn't know Niylah is Murphy's older sister in real life??

I figured who'd be in the ark would be a lottery or something, after key people needed to keep it running.

Also at some point Roan gonna figure out the only 100 plan and march on them surely?

I could write this show.

I'd start by deleting the Sarah Connor Nuke dream style radiation death they showed before suggesting Nightblood can save them from that shit.

Grizzlyjin

Also, am I the only one who didn't know Niylah is Murphy's older sister in real life??

The sad thing is I knew they both had the last name "Harmon" but didn't put that together.

Joni

It was indeed on a break. And no, we didn't know. Good find!

The sad thing is I knew they both had the last name "Harmon" but didn't put that together.

The guy that made Community is also a Harmon. That doesn't mean they are related to him. A lot of people share names.

Top Bottom