• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 24 Hours of Le Mans 2014 |OT| Audi, Porsche, Toyota. One Winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2 back out of the pits?

Where is he compared to the Toyota...?

e: Still in front. So #3 overall.
e2: Didn't realize the #8 was that many laps back. Thought he was more like +4, not +10.
e3: Time for a nap!

Juicy Bob

So I wake up to find the #7 Toyota out and the #1 Audi leading?

Sigh. And I was hoping that, maybe this year, literally anyone other than Audi and Kristensen would win...

Chris R

I feel like this is begging for a diagram of the earth's orbit around the sun. ;p

What I usually do is sleep and wake up for the last hour or so. Would love to watch all night, but I don't have the constitution for that.

??? I was meaning the 24h of Daytona. I live in Alaska so they could do a 24 hour race here without headlights if they wanted this time of the year :p

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Porsche #20 is much slower in last three laps - 4 to 12 sec slower than leading and chasing Audi and Toyota.

Porsche #20 is much slower in last three laps - 4 to 12 sec slower than leading and chasing Audi and Toyota.

I haven't seen it lap below 3:30 in what feels like forever. WEBBAH and company are going to need some help to close the gap to the #1 or keep from being run down by the #2.

At Spa, the 919 had a noticeable drop in pace in the later hours as its Li-ion battery became increasingly less efficient. Audi's speed didn't garner many headlines, but they're just as strong now as they were at the start of the race.

vitacola

You gotta love Kristensen :)

Dawn is always my favourite time of the race

Edit: did I hear earlier that Nissan will have an LMP1 car next year? Four factory teams will be amazing!
And Lotus will introduce their LMP1 car next WEC race. At least the guys on Eurosport Germany said something like that.

Dilly

Banned
Does the Porsche have a realistic chance of holding off the other Audi?

Best lap of the Audi was a 3.22 while the Porsche's best lap is a 3.25. Both did a 3.29 in the last lap though.

It would be a mind blowing result if Porsche would win this though.

dalin80

Banned
Does the Porsche have a realistic chance of holding off the other Audi?

All in the time, if they get next to each other before the end of the race the porsche is toast it's had poor pace all weekend, only reliability of others has allowed it to get into it's current position.

andylsun

Morning all

Porsche leading due to both Audi's needing turbo changes but Audi are gaining? That the summary

Psychotext - how is it at the track? Hoping to be at the track in 2016

dalin80

Banned
Morning all

Porsche leading due to both Audi's needing turbo changes but Audi are gaining? That the summary

My summary would be 'the universe hates leaders'.

'Oh mr toyota you are driving away in the lead? Well Fuck you.'
'Ah, mr audi, you seem to be going well, Fuck you too.'
'Trying again mr audi?, Well prepare for a fucking'

You know, aside from a hardcore few, hardly anyone I've met here at the track that actually gives a shit about what's going on in the race.

Most I've met are about shopping, getting shitfaced or just being general poseurs with their flash cars / clothes. I never expected it to be worse than f1 in that respect.

Unrelated. GO AUDI!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom