• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 360 Games on Demand Thread of UnUnified Prices, Releases & Paying Way Over Retail

Fox Mulder

new additions to this fantastic service!

-Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit ($39.99)
-Prison Break ($19.99)
-Shaun White Skateboarding ($29.99)

This reminded me that I still need to play Hot Pursuit, but all it did was make me go look at ebay prices.

They should really have sales on these games, lol at CSI games being about $30-40 0_o

They should put Bully on sale for $10 B^) , at $20 or $30 last time I check, I'm too cheap.

So say if you buy black ops, you play with those that have the disc version right? I vaguely remember someone saying that some games you only play with people who buy from Games on demand, that's stupid if true

friskykillface said:
They should really have sales on these games, lol at CSI games being about $30-40 0_o

They should put Bully on sale for $10 B^) , at $20 or $30 last time I check, I'm too cheap.

So say if you buy black ops, you play with those that have the disc version right? I vaguely remember someone saying that some games you only play with people who buy from Games on demand, that's stupid if true

That's false,it's the same exact game. Also why do you guys think $30 is a lot? To me it's fine well at least for games like Gears of War,etc. Also i think the convenience is worth paying the extra.

Kujo

bkfount said:
-Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit ($39.99) (AU$69.95)
-Prison Break ($19.99) (AU$29.95)
-Shaun White Skateboarding ($29.99) (AU$49.95)
Wooo

Why haven't they put any titles for sale on Deal of the Week? I'd like a digital copy of Burnout Revenge but it's still US$55 here

fernoca

Mojo said:
Wooo

Why haven't they put any titles for sale on Deal of the Week? I'd like a digital copy of Burnout Revenge but it's still US$55 here
They put Halo Reach few months ago from $60 to $40. But that aside, nothing else...I think. :p

Games on Demand games never go on sale unless the game is also on sale in retail stores at the same time. It's a literal requirement that Games on Demand prices never go below the price of the game at retail.

So when Halo Reach was $40, it was also $40 in Best Buy, etc.

Gears 1 is 1200 points on the UK market place. You can't really expect a 360 game to be sold for less than that.

My original disc was destroyed by my early 360 so after 3+ years I can play Gears 1 again. This also makes it the second GoD demand title I've ever bought. The first being Deadly Premonition earlier this month.

More Xbox 360 titles for £9.99 please Microsoft, and y'know, keep letting online shops sell MS points vouchers for below RRP, thanks!

abracadaver

Gears of War 3 just came out on Games on Demand and I wanted to buy it but its way to fucking expensive for us europeans.

In the US its 39.99$ which is an ok price I guess.
In europe its 69,99€ / £49.99 thats like double retail price.

wtfisthisshitpicard.jpg

Yuripaw

Banned
I've got about 3200+ MSP burning a hole in my pocket. Haven't been able to find any XBLA games that really appeal to me after playing demos for a bunch of the recent popular ones. I keep browsing through the GoD titles, but I can't quite decide on anything.

There's definitely some titles that appeal to me like Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise (which is actually more expensive at gamestop used), Eternal Sonata, Resonance of Fate, Gears of War 3 (it's $40 now, but I think the price is going up next week), Record of Agarest War (1 and zero, not sure which is better to start with), Sonic & Sega all star racing, Divinity II DKS (don't really know anything about this game), Crysis 2, and lost planet 2 (friend keeps saying he wants to play co-op) just to name a few.

I already own some titles on GoD, such as Banjo Kazooie N&B, Borderlands (all dlc too), Civilization Revolution, Crysis, Dragon Age Origins, Fable 2, Fallout New Vegas, Mass Effect, Ninja Gaiden Black, Red Dead Redemption (with undead nightmare), Resident Evil Code Veronica X , Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 5 (with gold edition dlc), and Tales of Vesperia. Some games like Fable 2 were impulse buys, but most of them were games I figured are games I'm glad to have for good. I like having certain games forever without the temptation of ever trading them in.

Anyone have any suggestions for a title(s) you think are worth picking up at the GoD price?

Anyone have any suggestions for a title(s) you think are worth picking up at the GoD price?
If you haven't played it, go with Deadly Premonition. I think it's $20 on GoD (so 1600points, I guess?).

Otherwise go with Resonance of Fate. Not sure what the demanded price is, but whatever it is I guarantee you it's worth it.

Yuripaw

Banned
If you haven't played it, go with Deadly Premonition. I think it's $20 on GoD (so 1600points, I guess?).

Otherwise go with Resonance of Fate. Not sure what the demanded price is, but whatever it is I guarantee you it's worth it.

If it was on there, I'd be all over Deadly Premonition, but it's not on the US marketplace.

If it was on there, I'd be all over Deadly Premonition, but it's not on the US marketplace.
Oh, that sucks. Sorry about that. I was sure it was on there.

But Resonance of Fate is on my top 3 games this generation, so according to me and my list you can't go wrong with it.

Yuripaw

Banned
Oh, that sucks. Sorry about that. I was sure it was on there.

But Resonance of Fate is on my top 3 games this generation, so according to me and my list you can't go wrong with it.

What do you like about it so much if you don't mind me asking? I'd have some points left over also, do you happen to have a second $20 range title to suggest as well?

Curufinwe

Hey, I bought Resonance of Fate on Sunday. And so far I'm really enjoying it.

$24.99 seemed like a decent price considering Amazon was selling the physical version for $23.22, and I was able to pay for it using 400 MS Points I got free thru Bing Rewards and 1600 MS Points I bought from Amazon for $18.99.

.nimrod

Gears of War 3 just came out on Games on Demand and I wanted to buy it but its way to fucking expensive for us europeans.

In the US its 39.99$ which is an ok price I guess.
In europe its 69,99€ / £49.99 thats like double retail price.

wtfisthisshitpicard.jpg

What. The. Fuck.

I was waiting for Gears 3 to be available on Games on Demand since i've got a lot of MS points left from some promotion, but 70eur as in 5840 points?

That's just insane.

The retail price is currently at 17.95eur/14.95gbp, and i'd even pay up to 30-40eur for the downloadable version, but only since i didn't have to pay for my points in the first place.
Is there a way to pay the US price with a european account?

Orca

Normally I'd defend the pricing as pretty much what you get on store shelves for new 'not on sale' items, with a +/- of $5 high or low, but there's some brutal exceptions. I wanted to pick up Space Marine, but it's $60 on the Canadian store. Every retailer has it at $40 so I passed on it.

Checked again when the THQ sale started and it was the same price. But Gears of War 3 is $40? No wonder THQ is in such terrible shape.

So I see on the Xbox website that Max Payne 3 has gone up on Games On Demand.

Link

I was under the impression that multi-disc games were unavailable on GoD due to a technical issue. If that's been ironed out, I wonder if we'll now get titles like Forza 3/4, Mass Effect 2/3 and Dead Space 2 (and so on...) on the service.

Vert boil

So I see on the Xbox website that Max Payne 3 has gone up on Games On Demand.

Link

I was under the impression that multi-disc games were unavailable on GoD due to a technical issue. If that's been ironed out, I wonder if we'll now get titles like Forza 3/4, Mass Effect 2/3 and Dead Space 2 (and so on...) on the service.

Rockstar modify multi-disc games so they can go up on live.

http://support.rockstargames.com/en...load-only-containing-the-first-two-case-desks
Question: I downloaded L.A. Noire from the Xbox Live Marketplace/PSN but it only contains the first two sets of cases. How can I play the rest of the game?

Answer: The initial download after purchase contains both the Traffic and Patrol desks (6.67GB). The additional three desks are downloaded separately through the in-game marketplace – Arson desk (1.13GB), Vice desk (915MB) and Homicide desk (1.71GB). The L.A. Noire game and the additional desks will only be playable with the initial download installed. All three additional desks can be downloaded at any point from the in-game marketplace, allowing for easier hard drive space management.

No real solution exists at the moment.

Oh, thanks for clarifying. I didn't even know LA Noire was on the service.

Shame, I'd love to have Forza on the hard drive, especially as the second disc is just an install disc with cars/tracks. MS should do something similar.

elektrixx

Banned
Once again the Australia tax burns. I didn't check all the games for this week, but two I want are ripoffs compared to the US.

Halo Wars: US$4.94 <-> AU$16.48
Gears Of War 3: US$6.59 <-> AU$16.48

That's probably about twice the price for Gears and triple the price for Halo Wars.

Top Bottom