• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 73rd Annual Golden Globes |OT| Episode MMXVI: Return of the Ricky

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

Just because he won it for Birdman (which was incredible), doesn't mean he doesn't deserve another for Revenant. I don't think it should matter if someone won something the year before, it should just go to the best film or actor, actress etc for the year.

Never said that Alejandro doesn't deserve it. Of course he does! It was brilliant from him. George Miller was also brilliant and deserves it too. How do you really separate it and decide who is the best?

I agree that pure merit should be the decider but we also know that isn't how these awards ceremonies work, that they often give out awards based on respect and dues. Miller hasn't received that yet.

untitled-7ynqyl.gif

Jonm1010

Banned
I like The Martian. Very good film. With that said, The Big Short was robbed. Utterly robbed.

And both Christian Bale and Carrell were better then Damon. Again, loved the guy, but it didn't deserve it.

Golden Globes really showing why they are worse then the Oscars. When that really isnt that high of a bar to meet in the first place.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Leo finally got recognized for something, LoL

At long last, a speech he's spent weeks memorizing won't go in vain

overcast

Honestly the best actress category was stacked. Rooney, Cate, Ronan and Brie all delivered ridiculous performances.

Can't go wrong. Cate has won before though so it's good. The other 3 are upcoming.

Xion385

The salt of GAF/World when Fassbender wins the Oscar.

This year is his best shot. I think he's actually going to win it this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom