• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE ABYSS 25th Anniversary Thread of Russian water tentacles

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaurung

Eagerly awaiting the blu-ray release over here.

I first saw this movie somewhere around 1993-1994, on a copy of a copy of a copy of a VHS at a richer family friends' house. I have loved it ever since, despite it being approximately 30m too long.

My praises for this movie have been falling on my friends' deaf ears for years.

Glad to see GAF giving this movie some love. One of my all time favorite movies. I need a damn blu ray of this flick. Get to work Cameron.

YaGaMi

Always been a huge Cameron fan but never got around to watching this. What movie is it similar to and which version should I watch?

Flynn77

Always been a huge Cameron fan but never got around to watching this. What movie is it similar to and which version should I watch?

Go for the directors cut. As to what is it similar to? It's pretty much like nothing else out there. It's kind of a tense thriller/drama. (To say too much would spoil the surprises) but if you like Cameron you won't be disappointed.

jond76

Banned
A new HD master aired on a premium channel around a month ago. Unfortunately just of the theatrical cut. You're killing me, Cameron. Get 'er done. True Lies, too.

There's an HDX transfer of True Lies on vudu. You need a DVD to convert to access it, but its there. And it looks beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom