• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 PS4 gameplay

geordiemp

I am going back to pre 2010 but I loved web of shadows on 360.

Hopefully this next game on Ps4 will be good, looking forward to seeing some release footage..

From what I've been told personally, and also what others have tweeted. No review copies have gone out yet. So not sure how good a sign for that is, granted I enjoyed the first amazing spiderman game so hoping this one can compare.

I mean they would have to eff up the original game pretty bad for it to be considered terrible, but it is very curious that they haven't gotten review copies out. The game hasn't leaked yet either and I think the first one leaked a week and a half before, so there's literally no footage out there for this other than what Beenox released. Do you know if there is an embargo and when it's up?

eshwaaz

I've got it pre-ordered from Amazon. I am mostly hoping for a better experience than AS1 which it seems to be, since I had a good enough time with the first one.
Same here. I picked up the first game a few weeks ago during an Xbox sale, thinking my son would at least get some enjoyment out of it. I ended up playing through the whole thing myself, and had a surprisingly good time.

As long as here are some reasonable improvements made in AS2 and they haven't made anything worse, I'm in.

Gestault

And? The "raw" gameplay footage we've seen so far was confirmed to be from a 360 alpha build back at the beginning of the year.

You might think that to promote a game releasing in less than a week, there would be some incentive to use development materials from the last four months.

actually might check it out after picking up the asm2 game on ios lol.

reminds me that i haven't had played a proper web swinging game in YEARS.

Traversal in batman arkham games always felt real janky imo.

hope pc version is solid 60fps.

I believe Beenox mentioned a trailer being released a few days before launch, so possibly tomorrow?
I see, hopefully they start showing some stuff, by now i'd expect to see review copies in the wild!

From what I've been told personally, and also what others have tweeted. No review copies have gone out yet. So not sure how good a sign for that is, granted I enjoyed the first amazing spiderman game so hoping this one can compare.

arghhh..I never played the first, but if they're keeping this one so close to their chest, there may be issues..I was a bit afraid of this, I hope the re-occurring crimes are varied and fun enough to warrant a purchase.

sethcheek

I'd give a shiny nickel to find out what the deal is with the Xbox One delay. Activision's Facebook page says they're working with Microsoft to release it on the X1. Major Nelson said on Reddit a few days ago that it's a publisher issue, talk to the publisher.

If it's just a delay/certification problem, I don't like that they used the word "indefinite".

If it's a cancellation, I don't know why they're saying they're working with MS to fix it. Especially since Beenox tweeted two days before the delay announcement that both the Xbox One and PS4 version were running at 1080p / 30fps.

WHAT IS GOING ON?!

MarkusRJR

Web swinging looks awesome but there is a precedent for Marvel movie tie-in games (or rather, any movie tie-in games) being horrible. Not going to even try being hopeful.

Also, that pop-in is pretty horrible.

icespide

Banned
I'd give a shiny nickel to find out what the deal is with the Xbox One delay. Activision's Facebook page says they're working with Microsoft to release it on the X1. Major Nelson said on Reddit a few days ago that it's a publisher issue, talk to the publisher.

If it's just a delay/certification problem, I don't like that they used the word "indefinite".

If it's a cancellation, I don't know why they're saying they're working with MS to fix it. Especially since Beenox tweeted two days before the delay announcement that both the Xbox One and PS4 version were running at 1080p / 30fps.

WHAT IS GOING ON?!

it's probably canceled and no one wants to take the blame for it

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

WHAT IS GOING ON?!
MS is in Activision's dog house, or vise-versa would be my guess.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I quite enjoyed the first ASM for what it was, enjoyable but not quite up there with how fun SM2 could be, even after SM3 came out I went back an wondered how they made a mess of the game after such a good one. If they can improve ASM with this then I really wouldn't mind purchasing it.

Hopefully we will get some proper PS4 footage soon, I'd like a noticible jump from what the first looked like on PS3. The SM games have always looked quite iffy at times, faces especially during the 6th/7th generation of consoles, so a proper current-gen lookin game would be great.

I mean they would have to eff up the original game pretty bad for it to be considered terrible, but it is very curious that they haven't gotten review copies out. The game hasn't leaked yet either and I think the first one leaked a week and a half before, so there's literally no footage out there for this other than what Beenox released. Do you know if there is an embargo and when it's up?

I've heard nothing further other then wait till release date for "possible" review code.

Stupid question... can you actually crawl on walls? Beside one situation where he stuck on a wall to do a takedown (and it didn't seem like he could move around), he just ran around like he was Batman =/ A big part of Spiderman is being able to fluently crawl walls and web swing between them.

Stupid question... can you actually crawl on walls? Beside one situation where he stuck on a wall to do a takedown (and it didn't seem like he could move around), he just ran around like he was Batman =/ A big part of Spiderman is being able to fluently crawl walls and web swing between them.
If the first one is any indication, of course you'll be able too.

Hip Hop

I wonder why the PC version is $39.99.
It has to be an indication of the quality. The first game costs more too.

daman824

If the game is at least as good as the first one i'll bite. Tgere just are hardly any games to play on next gen systems (until watchdogs)

haven't actually played the first one but was just rewatching some footage of that yesterday... are most of the gameplay and animations really similar?

Besides new swinging and some choices, whats 'new'?

Top Bottom