• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Spiderman 2 Xbox One Stream

Lucifon

What is up with the Xbox One and load times?! Holy shit.

For what it's worth, the load times on the PS4 version are pretty terrible too. This is just an obviously rushed game across all platforms, like most movie tie-ins. You only need to look at it to know that, it still almost looks like a PS2 era game bumped up to PS3 then bumped up again to PS4.

ZeroAlpha

Banned
Watching a PS4 stream to compare swinging in the city and don't see any screen tearing at all, looks like it has a tiny stutter that could be the stream, seems it has vsync unlike the XB1 version.

Recall

Question: I thought screen-tearing was an artifact caused by the display's inability to keep up with the frame rate provided by the GPU.

If it's a display issue, why does it show up in video? Surely the system can capture a tear-free feed... right? (obviously this isn't the case...)

Fluctuating framerate.

Bioshock 2 on consoles would let you run with an unlocked framerate and you would get screen tearing but if you chose to lock the framerate you would get none.

EvB

/o

Judging the game from the current stream, that's money down the drain. :(

Haha it just have me an error because it let me start playing at 30% but hasn't actually got enough data to get me past the initially scene.

Fail.

Graphics were quite nice though, like a low rent Watchdogs...

c0de

Can't believe there was so much hype that this game wasn't on Xbone... I can't believe I did this to my eyes.

He wanted to see what is in the arcade machine. I too was expecting a coin-op game based on classic spiderman titles. Instead, its a stupid wave mode.

It's hilariously bad. Like they couldn't be fucked to come up with a stage or map of any kind. How in the world did this game get approved?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Very curious to see if the low frame-rate and awful screen tearing are the result of a Twitch problem or if the game actually runs that way.

Recall

Can anyone record the direct feed gameplay footage and upload it? I don't think twitch stream does the ridiculousness of this game justice.

Twitch auto archives every 30 minutes.

http://www.twitch.tv/hannibal615/profile/pastBroadcasts

Basically twitch.tv/[insertusername]/profile/pastBroadcasts works for every streamer who has chose to save their streams. Twitch auto archives every 30 minutes, so you have access to archived version at the source quality.

repeater

WHY THE FUCK DOES STAN LEE, MARVEL AND SPIDERMAN COMICS EXIST IN THIS UNIVERSE?

Does Marvel comics exist in the Marvel universe? What?
We-need-to-go-deeper_inception.jpg

Now we need an image with a Spidey mask photoshopped onto Leo's face..

EvB

This looks really, really bad.

Film tie in is bad shocker!

Seemed ok from what I played, much like the other 5 Spiderman games.
It'll be guilty of all the normal open world things too, just like infamous and prototype were, I'm sure of that.

But for now, I'll just enjoy zipping around as spiderman

Top Bottom