• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Apprentice UK - Series 11 |OT| Thank the Lord, it's Claude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbuktu

Charlene deserved to go a lot more, they was total shambles. this wasn't a great task or episode, they were set up to fail and it would reflect badly on the retailers if they made orders on products cooked up in one day. Brett just seems a bit random to be fair, it could have been any of them, but the look from Gary was priceless.

Should have skipped this gone straight to the interviews. Brett would brought a different kind of character from the rest at least.

samn

It really was a shitty task. I bet very few people other than food tech professionals could put together a brand new health bar recipe in one day that hit all the marks on texture, taste, and nutritional value.

When you're pitching such a bad product in front of major retailers then your marketing and pitching skills - the ones that should actually matter in this process - can't save you.

Overall the candidates have been very dull this year.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Honestly, these rounds should have an extra day. Come up with a product, review and product test it and fix any errors, then pitch it. Going in with a broken product is useless.

Daffy Duck

Yeah, the episode was really bad.

Glad the interviews are onnext week, best part of the entire show, then I'm done, I don't really care who wins and I'll read about it on here.

Chopper

Honestly, these rounds should have an extra day. Come up with a product, review and product test it and fix any errors, then pitch it. Going in with a broken product is useless.
I don't understand why they don't just say in their pitches: "Obviously we don't gave a fully viable product after just one day of development, cos we're on a bloody TV show, but you get the picture". Rather than stumbling over excuses.

tomtom94

I don't understand why they don't just say in their pitches: "Obviously we don't gave a fully viable product after just one day of development, cos we're on a bloody TV show, but you get the picture". Rather than stumbling over excuses.

I'm pretty sure one of the teams (Charleine's I think?) did try that in response to the criticism of the product. Didn't work, clearly.

I was expecting all the way through that Brett's team would win by scraping about a thousand orders or so, both teams getting zero really surprised me.

Surprised Charleine didn't go but can't say I feel too sorry for Brett, especially when he started arguing with Lord Sugar in the boardroom about Richard (seriously, what was he thinking?)

Surprised Charleine didn't go but can't say I feel too sorry for Brett, especially when he started arguing with Lord Sugar in the boardroom about Richard (seriously, what was he thinking?)

I actually really respected him for that. What was he supposed to do, as soon as Sugar criticised Richard he should do a u-turn and criticise him as well?

tomtom94

I actually really respected him for that. What was he supposed to do, as soon as Sugar criticised Richard he should do a u-turn and criticise him as well?

If Brett believed so strongly in Richard he shouldn't have brought him back into the boardroom. You can't just close your ears off and pretend that people haven't screwed up when you're being told by the people who were actually watching him that he made a mistake. More to the point he wants to take £250,000, that means he has to hold people accountable.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Time for the interviews!

Glad Sugar hasn't talked about the business plans and kicked them out for that before this stage this year.

Will any of them have good ideas? Probably not!

Portugeezer

2dd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom