• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Art of Mass Effect outs two more ME3 squadmates (spoilers)

Moaradin

ME2 was a great game so if this is just as good, most people will be happy. Although all the footage so far (mainly the combat gameplay we've seen over and over again) looks miles better than the previous games.

scarybore

The Prothean having no tentacle mouths like the statues on Ilos makes me sad.

I also always hate AI's getting bodies so not a fan of EDI either.

Not to chuffed in other words.

ME2 was a great game so if this is just as good, most people will be happy. Although all the footage so far (mainly the combat gameplay we've seen over and over again) looks miles better than the previous games.

It might be a very notable TPS, but that's not the reason I play or I love the series.

ME had a very consistent and interesting sci-fi world with a few interesting characters now it seems it satisfiying crazy fanfic writers.

Psi

I'm usually cynical about what Bioware does lately but I actually like the idea of
EDI becoming a squad mate.

I'm a little worried about how it will play out though.

IoCaster

Argh!! Biting my fucking tongue here.
EDI? Come on man, EDI? Seriously?!?
What a bunch of clueless and creatively bankrupt writers/devs you've got there. FFS PanderWare™, you D-Bags deserve all of the scorn and contempt that gets thrown at you for shitting on your own IP with reckless abandon. Does anyone there even care about good writing, story or plot?

What. The. Fuck.

I'm hyped for this game, but BioWare's doing their best to turn me off of it.

The Prothean having no tentacle mouths like the statues on Ilos makes me sad.

I also always hate AI's getting bodies so not a fan of EDI either.

Not to chuffed in other words.

Well,
the Collectors were Protheans, after all, so I guess it makes sense they look similar.

Still though, what the fuck.

Moaradin

It might be a very notable TPS, but that's not the reason I play or I love the series.

ME had a very consistent and interesting sci-fi world with a few interesting characters now it seems it satisfiying crazy fanfic writers.

ME2 characters blew the ME1 characters away though. And they have shown that ME3 has much more RPG elements (branching powers, customizable weapons, etc.) than ME2 and maybe as much as ME1 did without the pointless bloat.

Omikaru

Argh!! Biting my fucking tongue here.
EDI? Come on man, EDI? Seriously?!?
What a bunch of clueless and creatively bankrupt writers/devs you've got there. FFS PanderWare™, you D-Bags deserve all of the scorn and contempt that gets thrown at you for shitting on your own IP with reckless abandon. Does anyone there even care about good writing, story or plot?
Mass Effect is basically the Twilight of videogames right now.

Hylian7

The first one.......WHAT. THE. FUCK.

The second one:
I thought the glowing evil eyes thing was a Collector property rather than a general Prothean one. If they pull off the Prothean one well it might be cool, but still, it's weird.

ME2 characters blew the ME1 characters away though.

True, it wasn't enough to compensate about how dry and mediocre it was in plot terms and how little expanded the world.

Seeing these characters I have little faith it has any chance to reach the characters in ME2.

Hahahaha indeed.

I'm waiting to see how they explain
Hey, we just got us a new Prothean, you know the only living specimen of a long thought extinct race of which we know very little. Good for us he was a soldier of some sort, combat ready, willing and is itching for revenge so he will join our war against the Reapers!

I can't wait for Shepard's completely inappropriate nonplussed reaction.

spats

So I'm guessing that the loyalty mission for
EDI in a new body
will be one where Shepard's deep, unwavering love toward her will
turn her into a real person
and then she'll be a smoking hot chick with huge boobs in space bikini.

Shepard

Damn I shouldn't have seen this. Second one has potential, and I really like the design. First one... well, second one looks great.

Some of you people are just assuming that squadmate one is just for pandering.

What if her importance is to flesh out the AIs and the communication between organic and synthetic without all the romance shit.

Haunted

And you guys are wondering why people continue posting on official forums. You can obviously directly influence the direction of the game if you just write enough fanfiction!

gramr, what's your take on this?

EDI
sure is a surprise. I remember fans joking about that being a possibility. I wish I didn't cave and read that. I'm not going to look at the artwork for that squadmate though. I'll let their appearance be a surprise. However, I feel like I've known about the
Prothean
for a long while now. I thought Bioware revealed that quite a few months ago.

EDI's cool. Android chick is always nice - be cool if she's a RI.

Does that
Collector/Prothean
have a mouth? Do not want.

Haunted

Some of you people are just assuming that squadmate one is just for pandering.

What if her importance is to flesh out the AIs and the communication between organic and synthetic without all the romance shit.
Hence her huge tits and sexualised design, it all makes sense now.

scarybore

Well,
the Collectors were Protheans, after all, so I guess it makes sense they look similar.

Still though, what the fuck.

I know and it makes sense to go in this direction after ME2, but I always liked to think that
the collectors were genetically engineered to a point where they no longer resembled what they looked like when they were protheans.

Bioware can say the statues on Ilos were either of another race or just protheans getting arty farty, and that's fine but I always imagined them looking like the statues so naturally I'm disappointed.

Top Bottom