• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Art of Overwatch available to preorder on Amazon

Lijik

Damn its out the week of my birthday. Probably gonna splurge on the collectors edition as a gift to myself

Too many artbooks this year, my wallet will ache when they all release.
haha yeah i just preordered the one for prey earlier today

C_0QlwVU0AElH2p.jpg
Capcom did the same thing to Cammy:
Although they probably wanted to save us from looking at her horrible pose.

Nice LE cover but I aint paying 100 for a fucking artbook.

I really wish I bought the GW2 artbook back in the day, that will me an eternal regret for me.

So hyped. Blizzard art books are the best.

and I love Blizzard but I'm not paying 2x the price for a different cover and a couple prints.

WolfStark

I think I am going for the Limited Edition but I think they should change the box. It's just too plain white and considering how good Blizzard is in designs and how much design is in the Overwatch universe, I don't think a plain white box is fitting let alone worth that high price.

Look at what Dark Horse did with the Metal Gear Solid LE Artbook:

metalgearsolidlimited.jpg

That is looking like an ammunition box or something like that, really great work here. I also think it's not that great that they added the group picture form the cover of the CE box to the three prints. I think it would been better if all three prints are new art.

All in all I like the concept of the Limited Edition. The slip case with the magnetic closure is from my experience with the Metal Gear Solid V LE significant. I like the Tracer slipcover, it give the artbook itself an outstanding look and the prints are a nice bonus (but with 100$, I expect something like that). But I wouldn't mind if they would make it a bit more attractive, especially the plain slip case.

LiK

I think I am going for the Limited Edition but I think they should change the box. It's just too plain white and considering how good Blizzard is in designs and how much design is in the Overwatch universe, I don't think a plain white box is fitting let alone worth that high price.

Look at what Dark Horse did with the Metal Gear Solid LE Artbook:

metalgearsolidlimited.jpg

That is looking like an ammunition box or something like that, really great work here. I also think it's not that great that they added the group picture form the cover of the CE box to the three prints. I think it would been better if all three prints are new art.

All in all I like the concept of the Limited Edition. The slip case with the magnetic closure is from my experience with the Metal Gear Solid V LE significant. I like the Tracer slipcover, it give the artbook itself an outstanding look and the prints are a nice bonus (but with 100$, I expect something like that). But I wouldn't mind if they would make it a bit more attractive, especially the plain slip case.

I have this. Haven't opened it yet, for some reason.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Is the anthology included in the main art books or is it a separate thing? Sorry for the dumb question.

LordofPwn

just noticed the price drop. love that amazon take lowest price after you order something. that $40 i saved will basically turn into 50 lootboxes during an event with skins i'm not able to get naturally. would be cool if they include codes for lootboxes or like a spray for buying some of the merch.

WolfStark

I have this. Haven't opened it yet, for some reason.

Who needs what's in the box, if the box itself is so nice to look at? :D

Cool that Amazon reduced the price from 100 to 60 Dollar, I ordered it now but I still hope it becomes avaible in Germany and for such a reduced price. 70 Dollar with customs would be still 80 Euro.

I bit at the offer for the standard edition! I just have a dumb question because it's my first time buying in Amazon. Are they going to charge in the day when is released or it's a bit before that?

Are these price cuts? If I pre-ordered these the day after they went up, will the prices change on release?
If you already ordered them, then Amazon will retroactively apply it to your order so you should get the discount. If the prices go back up, your order is unaffected.

WolfStark

I've got a Limited Edition early and thanks to a pricing error for just 20 bucks. My little Tracer is for height comparison (and she's a cutie). The whole thing weighs 4 kg, it's really a monster. I also liked the artworks, it includes pretty much everything from the game release (with some concept artworks like a male Mercy) until the Anniversary Event and Orisa, so Doomfist is not in the book, same with the FFA map and the current Halloween event.

As always UK is screwed over with prices with almost 1:1 conversion. Still going to get the standard edition though. How many pages are in it?

Top Bottom