• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCRS

Banned
the new Audi TT:

2015-audi-tt-00-1.jpg

2015-audi-tt-01-1.jpg

2015-audi-tt-05-1.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2015-audi-tt/#photo-2461879/

the interior is nice but the exterior... wth man.

coldfoot

Banned
BMW/Audi/Merc are definitely facing some stiff competition, if Infiniti decides to make this GT-R powered AWD Q50. It would be a serious M3/RS4/AMG alternative.

infiniti-q50-eau-rouge-opt.jpg

psylah

BMW/Audi/Merc are definitely facing some stiff competition, if Infiniti decides to make this GT-R powered AWD Q50. It would be a serious M3/RS4/AMG alternative.

I just had to look that up. I remembered seeing it, but thought it was going to be another tarted up body kit, like the G37 IPL.

This is awesome news.

Happening.gif

Edit: Oh, and at the current price of the GT-R, this is probably going to be more of an MB S65 / Audi RS7 competitor and well over $100k.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
The new Jaguar XE is going to be such a wonderful car. It looks fantastic from the front. Jaguar's design language is perfect.

TCRS

Banned
Yup. I wonder if the electronics will be working correctly in 20 years time. cars are so stuffed with them nowadays.

No Love

Banned
You are going to own all of the cars. Ever.

What's in your garage right now?

I know!! Right now I've just got my E34 525i 5 speed, and I'll be picking up the E39 M5. Then I'm snagging an Evo 9. I'd really like to lease or finance a 'new' car later this year and I've got my heart set on C7 Z06 or Jag F Type R coupe. Ive never had a new car before so it's kind of a dream of mine.

I'm very fond of older cars so it's hard to resist the urge to collect a ton of my favorite 90's and early 00's cars. It's definitely my favorite hobby next to gaming but fuck it's expensive...

Funny thing is, I know someone who has the bug 100x worse than me. He has around 40ish classic BMWs last time I checked. He actually rents out a warehouse to keep a lot of them in... that's something I'd love to do.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
The F-type is nice, but you'd have to be crazy to want it over this IMO:

alfa-romeo-4c-spider-concept-geneva.jpg

Eh...while it's nice, the two are so immensely different. The 4C is a spartan sports car that you'd probably not want to use everyday. Plus, it's not particularly the best looking car imo, something about it just seems off. It almost looks like a poorly done kit car of the 8C.

The F-Type R is worth every penny of the $100K price tag they're asking considering the level of performance you get, the interior, and that drop dead gorgeous body.

In other words, I can make a case against the $50K cost of the Alfa. I can't do the same for the Jag.

minx

Test drove a Mazda 6 and Ford Fusion today. Expected to like the Mazda better, and I wanted to like the Mazda better. But the Fusion has a much better ride,was much more quite,and had more comfortable seats. Just a better driving experience for my mostly interstate driving. It also helps that I can get 3000 in incentives with the Fusion and Mazda offers none that I qualified for.

lem0n

What would you all buy for $3000? I bought a second E30, cheap, to flip. It's in fantastic shape. Probably going to keep it, but if I could get $3k from it, what would you all buy? I'm just curious. I'm leaning NA Miata.

Needs to be fun and a standard. That means anything from Miata to Jeep XJ 4.0

What would you all buy for $3000? I bought a second E30, cheap, to flip. It's in fantastic shape. Probably going to keep it, but if I could get $3k from it, what would you all buy? I'm just curious. I'm leaning NA Miata.

As an NC Miata owner, the Miata is the answer to everything. If that's not enough to convince you, here's a quick review of the Miata.

Track day bro!

FStop7

Banned
Chrysler is crushing the first batch of 1993 vipers ever made.
http://blog.caranddriver.com/the-first-dodge-vipers-ever-built-are-being-crushed-w-video/
I don't get it, why not auction them off as non-street legal track only machines? Write up bills of sale for anyone willing to buy them and their legal problems are solved?

That does seem pretty dumb. They have VINs. Just sell them as track cars. Maybe it's just not worth it to them, which is a shame because it shows disregard for the historical value of those cars.

Instant answer is Miata.

More interesting answer:

Porsche_944_Frontansicht.jpg

It'll more than likely cost you more to maintain than the Miata.

No Love

Banned

Keep the E30. Way cooler than a Miata. Just shove an M50 in there and you'll be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom