• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The best mobile game is...

Syriel

2-horz.jpg

That looks like a masterful R-Type port to that tiny Nokia screen.

I wonder how it controls.

klaushm

Horizon Chase
Without a doubt. It was a Surprise to see the team who made this. They are from Brazil.

My second best game is EvoCreo. It's a good game and need your love.

ZTetris for the TI-83+.

...I'm pretty partial to the The Room series. Perfect fit for the interface, little puzzle boxes to tinker with. Little Inferno is up there for me as well, interesting game to have as my first "modern" mobile game.

zoodoo

Plants vs Zombies hands down

After finishing it on ios, I bought it for ds, vita and pc. So much fun

the sequel never happened though. Let's pretend...

Disxo

SUPER HEXAGON, cmon guys no game gets even close to that one, It has been my main and only game on mobile for the last year (and I have a powerful one)

If there's anybody here right now who has not played this, you at least owe it to yourself to give it a shot. It's that damn good. A seriously quality mobile game here.

The Rayman games on the phone tend to be pretty good too, and other ones tha people have mentioned like Super Hexagon, The Room, Monument Valley, and Kingdom Rush give great variety.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Horizon Chase
Sword & Poker 2
Game dev story
The Pinball Arcade
Cave shmups goodness
Super Hexagon (which just got a new engine update for constant 60fps goodness)
Rayman Fiesta Run + Jungle Run
Groove Coaster
Sorcery! Series
Tiny Wings
Joe Danger
Jukebeat
Trials Frontier

...that's without counting short games like The Room series, Monument Valley, 80 days etc. or endless fantastic ports like Plants vs Zombies, Legend of Grimrock, BG:EE 1&2, Stealth Inc., Ghost Trick and so on and on

Jordan117

Agreed that Super Hexagon is the platonic ideal here.

Solid runner-up: Tiny Wings. Original, intuitive concept, nice aesthetic, had an update with all sorts of cool challenges and landscapes.

Attack the Light, the Steven Universe mobile game, is actually a genuinely good RPG, and actually one of my favorites from this year. A little simple as you find on mobile, but it's a fun, easy-going Paper Mario experience.

I had a lot of fun playing 'Steven Universe: Attack the Light'. Even if you aren't a fan of the show, it's a solid Paper Mario-style role-playing game, and I always recommend it for those who are looking for something fun to play on the road.
It's extremely rare for me to get into a mobile game, but I'm really into Attack the Light right now. I just finished a level actually. It's a great casual (in a good way) RPG.

The best mobile game is Monument Valley though :).

Shaneus

I'd say a good, specifically mobile game is one I can play with one hand and a thumb while holding onto an escalator handrail or a handle on a cramped train. So Jetpack is kind of on the right track, but I think there are better ones.

Dream of Pixels is the best puzzle game. It's like Tetris, but in reverse and VERY easy to play with one hand. The Sequence is up there too, but is a little fiddly with one hand.

For action, I'd probably say Shooty Skies. Again, one-handed is more than enough to play it and it plays really well. Runner up is Land Sliders.

There are some other one-touch games too which I've completely forgotten, but my memory is failing me right now.

Phone games that will never leave my phone:
Jetpack Joyride
Love Live School Idol Festival
Cytus
Fruit Ninja
Super Hexagon

I sometimes dip in and out of other things but these ones will stay on my phone. I always go to one of them whenever I've got a couple of minutes to burn.

Nothing comes close to Device 6. It's the kind of game that could only work on mobile and works best on mobile. Even great games like The Room or Sorcery/80 Days can translate nicely to PC. But Device 6? The way the text visually represents the environments, twisting and turning off-screen, as you swipe through the world and rotate your device to follow a hallway, it's an essential mobile game and just an all-around great game regardless of platform

The Room might be more tactile and Monument Valley might be more colorful, but Device 6 is the best. Stylish, unique, and featuring the kind of satisfying puzzles that you might need pen and paper to figure out

7ERkCbe.gif

Runner-ups for me would be The Room 3, Sorcery series/80 Days, Dark Echo, and Monument Valley. To be fair, I could switch out a bunch of other games as runner ups. 2015 especially has been great

Nothing comes close to Device 6. It's the kind of game that could only work on mobile and works best on mobile. Even great games like The Room or Sorcery/80 Days can translate nicely to PC. But Device 6? The way the text visually represents the environments, twisting and turning off-screen, as you swipe through the world and rotate your device to follow a hallway, it's the essential mobile game IMO

The Room might be more tactile and Monument Valley might be more colorful, but Device 6 is the best. Stylish, unique, and featuring the kind of satisfying puzzles that you might need pen and paper to figure out

7ERkCbe.gif

Runner-ups for me would be The Room 3, Sorcery series/80 Days, Dark Echo, and Monument Valley. To be fair, I could switch a bunch of other games as runner ups. 2015 especially has been great
How the hell did this take 2 pages to come up? Device 6 GOAT!

RootCause

Baseball Superstars was so good. Why'd they stop making them?
They stopped making them, They released a MLB licensed game, such a disappointment. As someone that enjoys anime, rpg, and sports, this one really hurts. :( Always hoped we'd get one on ps vita, but nothing. I still play them on my tablet. Also, I still have a screenshot from throwing a perfect game, and getting a measly reward. Lol

By the way, they also had Soccer Superstars, it was just as fun and addicting as BS. Gamevil had some unique games, and they looked very promising. It's a damn shame, they've gone to shit.

I'd like to mention Cyber Knights.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Hitman GO and Lara Croft GO are probably my favorites.

Rayman Jungle Run is great too.

Somebody mentioned Final Fantasy Record Keeper but I'm losing interest.

Really enjoyed my multiple playthroughs of 80 Days. Perfect for decent commutes. I enjoyed Game Dev Story quite a lot too.

And thanks to everyone for the recommendations.

Top Bottom