• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Best Rapper Alive, Every Year Since 1979 | Complex

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
Worst list ever. I don't know how anybody takes these lists serious, Niki minaj ? drake? Eminem ? Jay-z ??? Get outta here with that pop shiz

2 pac and Nas only have 1 year each ? Yet they are the 2 best rappers of all time.
bender-laughing.gif

pablito

Yeah it looks like a top of the game kind of list. Nothing wrong with it. I don't have to be a fan of Drake to know he's been killing it. I probably would give either Future or Kendrick 2015 though.

HiiiLife

Yeah it looks like a top of the game kind of list. Nothing wrong with it. I don't have to be a fan of Drake to know he's been killing it. I probably would give either Future or Kendrick 2015 though.

At least this thread isn't complete doo doo.

How terrible is it that I think Will Smith got jobbed for 1988? Yes, he's commercial and tame but nobody had a bigger impact on rap that year than DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper. The dude pushed rap into a place never seen before (some say for the worse, and an argument could be made...) and you couldn't get away from that album if you tried. No honorable mention even in the article? The sound wasn't hardcore and it it rarely took itself seriously but the influence of that album still exits today.

How terrible is it that I think Will Smith got jobbed for 1988? Yes, he's commercial and tame but nobody had a bigger impact on rap that year than DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper. The dude pushed rap into a place never seen before (some say for the worse, and an argument could be made...) and you couldn't get away from that album if you tried. No honorable mention even in the article? The sound wasn't hardcore and it it rarely took itself seriously but the influence of that album still exits today.

Slick Rick the ruler is far more deserving, though.

cabelhigh

Neo Member
Dip was what got me into exploring Danny Brown but Pneumonia is his best song to date in my opinion. When it Rain is also fire, super hyped for Atrocity Exhibition.

Yeah tbh I'm warming on the new Atrocity Exhibition singles more than when I first posted this haha. When It Rain is great, and the hook on Pneumonia has been stuck in my head for hours.

mreddie

2014 makes no sense but fuck ever.

2015, yeah, Kendrick had 2 good songs but Hotline Bling was fucking everywhere, won't be shocked if Drake wins 2016.

I seriously can't fathom how anyone fucks with Drake. Dude was a corny try hard back in 2008.

I love Just Hold on We're Going Home though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom