• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The best thing I (You) ever ate Part 2 Lunch Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Following up on last week's thread The best thing I (You) ever ate Breakfast Edition it's time for this week's thread.

For this week it's lunch! What's the best thing you've ever eaten for lunch GAF?

Lunch is interesting especially considering different cultures and people treat lunch differently. Some people eat a lite affair. Others eat big for lunch and then have a smaller meal in the evening.

I've racked my brain hard on this one. Great sandwich at my local Jewish deli? Yummy salad? Maybe something a little heavier?

In the end I'm gonna go with a cheese burger. I love Maui Onion on my cheese burger. It's like having access to vidalia onions year around which are top notch. Plus you can get Maui onion rings. Cool Cat Cafe wins this for me.

http://www.coolcatcafe.com

2015-09-28_0001.jpg

Leek & Guinness Sausages and Chips in work.

Could really taste the alcohol on them. Bloody lovely.

Edit: thought the thread was the last thing you ate.

SeanC

I never really go all-out for lunches. Breakfast/brunches and dinners sure, but lunch is something I eat only if I'm really hungry. Like today...gettin' be a burger.

But the Godmother Sandwich at Bay Cities Italian Deli in Santa Monica is the best damn sammich I ever had. So I guess that.

5883114262_dfb34d44d8.jpg

Was in Hawaii and drove up to north shore to eat at Opal's. It's a Thai restaurant. Dude came out of the kitchen, shook all our hands, took our menus away from us, asked us a few questions, and then served us essentially a four course meal for about 10 bucks a person. Awesome experience...and then we went and got pie.

StMeph

If it absolutely has to be trimmed down to one dish I would probably have to give it to the tortellini in duck liver mousse from Osteria Morini in NYC:

(Photo not mine.)

Honorable mentions:
- Uni sashimi from Maruhide Uni Club in Torrance
- Beef ribs from Black's Barbecue in Lockhart
- Ramen from Menya Ittou in Tokyo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom