• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Big Bang Theory is choosing between PS4 and XB1 #BOVESPA #DODONGO #BOJANGLES

No Love

Banned
z0uswZ3.png
].

Oh man lol, dying over here!

Dragon

Banned
There are shows that do the stereotypical nerd right. This isn't one of them.

IT Crowd is a fantastic show. Mostly because it has talented people who are actually funny.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
The Big Bang memes posted here on GAF are millions times funnier than the show. If the show were like the memes,I might actullay be bothered to watch.

No Love

Banned
"Sheldon the PS4 is going to get all the games"
"Yes Penny but the PS4 does not have Halo 5"
[laugh track]

They'll pick the Xbox One and it'll work with everyone but Raj.

It won't detect him.

Sheldon, can you play poorly coded emulators on one of those?
*laughtrack*
Seems not. You can do that on the WiiU though.
*audience erupts in laughter, you can hear vomiting noises and monkeys screaming*

Holy fuck I can't stop laughing oh man. That Tidus laugh track is a must-see

Majine

Banned
Finding out that your friend watches this show is kind of shocking. It's like finding out they are fundamentalist christians.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Here's my biggest issue with the show. Everyone is an unlikeable shit.
If the characters were decent people with the one asshole, then maybe I could tolerate the show. But everyone is horrible, and not in the funny "Always Sunny" way.

Dragon

Banned
If the characters were decent people with the one asshole, then maybe I could tolerate the show. But everyone is horrible, and not in the funny "Always Sunny" way.

I just don't find it very witty or clever. It's probably just as much a function of the writing as anything else.

I feel threatened by this show and it's gentle ribbing of gaming/comics/nerd culture, which is why I lash out against it in anger.

jaypah

I just don't find it very witty or clever. It's probably just as much a function of the writing as anything else.

I didn't find Cheers witty or clever. Or the Cosby show, or Who's the Boss, or anything on TGIF (Boy Meets World was great), or the Fresh Prince of Bellaire, or etc...but they were still shows that I enjoyed. There are/were shows that I didn't enjoy too, don't get me wrong. But I can't imagine giving a shit enough to voice it much. At least not with the amount of "AAARRGGHHH" that this show gets. It's kind of weird.

Ok, the Cosby Show was a good bit above average now that I think about it. None of the shows that I mentioned can hold a candle to The Muppet Show though. Opinions! Beer! A little vodka! I am blitzed Cheers was pretty great too at times. My argument is falling apart, I understand.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Why do people get so mad about a show featuring fictitious characters? Do you know why these characters are hyperbolic representations of real nerds? Cos real nerds aren't fucking funny cos they whine non stop about the smallest shit like this. If it was realistic it would be depressing as fuck.

Damn this circlejerk of a thread.
If there was a sitcom about GAF featuring real situations as we see like in this very thread, it would be funnier than then all the sitcoms currently on TV.

Seinfeld says hi.

Seriously though tastes are subjective. Are you trying to logically deduce that the millions of people who watch the show really don't enjoy the show? It's my guilty pleasure. Believe me or not, but I watch it because I like it. On the other side I believe that you don't like the show, and that is perfectly fine by me too.

Call me a rebel, but I liked Too Human too (with caveats). Something tell me I'm not going to be invited to Gafs Thanksgiving dinner now.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The Big Bang Theory is some of the worst in American comedy.

It is fucking garbage. Some of my geeky friends like it and don't seem to realise that the show is ripping it out of them.

I hate Frasier, it's some of the worst in American comedy. It's fucking garbage. Some of my psychiatrist friends like it, and they don't seem to realise the show is ripping it out of them.

Jesus, why the chips on shoulders? It's a damn comedy show. Stop taking things so seriously.

Also blossom is fucking funny

Edit: love the show, but also love 'Zimbabwe' stuff because it is such nonsense

Ironic that a video game forum, of all places, is talking about how bad a show Big Bang is, when the most poorly written episode of Big Bang ever made is a trillion times better than the best written video game ever made.

fedexpeon

Banned
Ironic that a video game forum, of all places, is talking about how bad a show Big Bang is, when the most poorly written episode of Big Bang ever made is a trillion times better than the best written video game ever made.

Damn...Only a trillion huh?
Why not use Googolplex?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

The worst Monkey Island installment is a trillion times funnier than the best BBT episode.

nomis

This had better be some kind of meta troll.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!

To be fair TBBT is the Citizen Kane of multi camera sitcoms about geeks.

There are shows that do the stereotypical nerd right. This isn't one of them.

IT Crowd is a fantastic show. Mostly because it has talented people who are actually funny.

I'm not a fan of TBBT but come on! IT Crowd is even more primitive than TBBT.

Top Bottom