• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ |OT| 200 More Hours of Bad Keeper Runs

I don't even have Lost unlocked yet. Last character I need. Just waiting for the Poster to drop.

I also haven't even touched Keeper yet...

So I have no idea how hard they actually are, but I imagine they're hard, although Lost seems like kind of a fun challenge.

I hate Greed mode. Beat it twice, once with Azazel for Lilith and once with Isaac "for fun" and got fed up last night, found a mod that let me fill my Greed machine (it spawned the machine on the first floor with a dollar) and just did that. Now, at least Lost won't be gimped and I can take the mode at my own pace without hurting the other characters with Greed Machine grind unlocks.

Yea I guess it's cheating. But oh well. I filled my real donation machine legitimately... well, as legitimate as using the Blue Hourglass method is. Good enough.

...Jesus. I guess he's punishing us for the Keeper ARG data mining.

What are sticky nickels? Don't think I've seen one yet.

Keeper unlock. Causes penny spawns to sometimes become a nickel and require a bomb to collect. It doesn't technically hurt you (it doesn't change regular nickels, just pennies, so you're losing, at best, 1 cent), but it still seems annoying.

Well that was quite a rush:

NdlEky4.jpg

Can't believe that asshole didn't teleport directly on top of me even once. Now to do it all over again as the Keeper.

EDIT: BTW, I should add that it seems like after you defeat
Delirium once, there's a chance that an entrance to the Void can pop up after defeating other significant bosses. This run, I went straight to the Void after beating Mom's Heart. I previously saw an entrance after defeating Blue Baby, so I assume you can also get one after defeating The Lamb as well.

Tainted

Nobody cares that the filter is broken? Nobody was using it?

I use it and annoyed that its broken, but it gets posted about 100x per day on Reddit and presumably to their twitter accounts, so I'm fairly certain they are aware of it as well.

Is anyone having an issue where the mouse cursor won't disappear when playing?

This is especially problematic for me, because I use Steamlink to play Isaac, so I need to get up and move the mouse out of the way at my computer in the other room.

Hadn't had this happen before AB+

zulux21

Speaking of mods - does anyone have any early recommendations for mods to install?

having any mods installed locks you out of unlocking anything.... the one I posted isn't bad if you just want to get the new content down so that you are ready when you do a non modded run with a weaker build *shrugs*

there are also mods that put the old music back in the game :p

MrPanic

You can technically grab and enable any music mod from the workshop, then manually place the music folder of that mod into the resources folder of your game, then disable the mod ingame again. That way you can still unlock achievements while still hearing the mods music.

But yeah, for a game like Isaac the achievement restriction on mods seems very counter-intuitive. They should at least allow achievements for mods that are music or graphics based, basically the original mod restriction the game had for Rebirth.

Also uploaded my first mod to steam, hype!

Sounds like Ed is continuing his work of making the game less fun.

Fiancee is playing through this and had a spiked chest spawn on top of her as a reward. Instantly killed her because she was at half heart. Had no chance to dodge out of the way or anything.

dickroach

Sounds like Ed is continuing his work of making the game less fun.

Fiancee is playing through this and had a spiked chest spawn on top of her as a reward. Instantly killed her because she was at half heart. Had no chance to dodge out of the way or anything.

the spikes spawn when you're a couple of steps away. you have to approach every chest slowly now. it's dumb

Tainted

She was standing in the center of the room and it spawned on her.

I hope the streamers shit all over this DLC.

The only 2 streamers I watch are NL and Cobalt. Cobalt in particular made a comment something along the lines of them screwing up speedrunning and streaks in AB+ and claiming they are the 2 main reasons ppl stream.

Personally my BoI playtime has been taken up with AntiBirth...I haven't really touched AB+ aside from installing a few mods for a bit of fun. (One started you with 99 of each consumable + otehr things...makes for a seriously OP run & anotehr which turned the coin pickup sound to the one from Mario)

dickroach

If you every play as the Keeper, pray that you find Greed's Gullet:

It gives you one extra heart container for every 25 coins you have. 99 coins gives you a fourth. Amazingly, this works as the Keeper.

oh wow. guess I'm diving into Greedier mode with the Keeper now. this'll totally get patched out

The challenge to unlock Greed's Gullet is also the easiest challenge in the game

...I found the missing poster! ...As keeper! ...and then I died before getting to a Sacrifice room. ...I died... to... Monstro... I think I choked because after like 10 hours I finally found the Missing Poster.

AoM

Don't see why they would patch it; seems to be intentional. But considering the utter mess that is this DLC, who knows.

Don't see why they would patch it; seems to be intentional. But considering the utter mess that is this DLC, who knows.

It's thematically appropriate for Keeper and it's one item in the entire pool. I don't think it'll get patched.

...now, being able to skip Mega Stan in the backwards challenge, that'll probably be patched.

Just save and quit and it kills Mega Stan

It's thematically appropriate for Keeper and it's one item in the entire pool. I don't think it'll get patched.

...now, being able to skip Mega Stan in the backwards challenge, that'll probably be patched.

Just save and quit and it kills Mega Stan

Also dying and having x# of lives kills him as well. So if you start with 9 lives or judas's shadow or something, just die and Mega Satan is donezo.

BTW, if you do find Greed's Gullet with the Keeper, don't quit your game before finishing your run. I decided to stop for a small break once I reached the Womb. When I came back to continue my run, I died instantly. Can't be certain that it's because of Greed's Gullet and having six health coins, but this also never happened to me prior. Probably the most I've ever been pissed off by this game. I was so close to never having to play as the character again.

I wish a tutorial on how to make a trinket would come out soon :/

I have a really simple idea for a trinket I think would be cool and have the art and everything ready. It's literally just waiting for an event call to do something else, but there's no real docs out there for trinkets.

KMS47iP.png

Bad Deal
"Redo cards"

- On use of a card or rune has a 15% chance of dropping a new card or rune

Alright look here Edmund i know you're proud of your game and tbh I've had fun doing some typical runs with Isaac and friends and all that

but fucking ENOUGH with the god damn portals holy shit they're in like every other room seriously edmund could you just tone that down a little bit

Pokey Mans was a lot more difficult than I expected solely because of the ridiculous number of portals and how I was stuck as base Isaac for the majority of the run :/

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I wish a tutorial on how to make a trinket would come out soon :/

I have a really simple idea for a trinket I think would be cool and have the art and everything ready. It's literally just waiting for an event call to do something else, but there's no real docs out there for trinkets.

KMS47iP.png

Bad Deal
"Redo cards"

- On use of a card or rune has a 15% chance of dropping a new card or rune
Cool idea! I would call it "Sleight of Hand" with the description "Card Tricks" but that's just me. :)

I see the tradition of making the game less fun continues on.

Let's be real though, shit like that was definitely not balanced in anyway lol. If that kind of thing stayed, Apollyon would arguably be the best character in the game by far. Reusable Diplopia/Forget-Me-Not is redonk.

Hopefully some of the most egregious shit was toned down even slightly, it's still the first week so I expect more patches over the coming weeks.

Also, sad to hear about the filter but honestly I love all the pixels. Makes the game feel old, just the way I like it
fuck retro vision tho

Gotta keep those expectations in check, I dunno what everyone else was expecting but I like what I've got and I'm excited for the mods! Yay for me I guess.

zulux21

Gotta keep those expectations in check, I dunno what everyone else was expecting but I like what I've got and I'm excited for the mods! Yay for me I guess.

hmmm
I suppose my expectation as someone who would get to mom's heart about 75% of the time with isaac was to idk continue to have a similar amount of success while enjoying new items and what not... not have it go down to about 25% due to horrible balancing of new enemies and bosses?

Also, for those who are wondering it seems that Sisters Vis and Big Horn got health nerfs, as well as portals. Sisters Vis in particular got their health cut nearly in half.

wonder if greedier mode was affected as well, but I don't feel like losing my sanity tonight so I'll wait for the reddit to check lol.

hmmm
I suppose my expectation as someone who would get to mom's heart about 75% of the time with isaac was to idk continue to have a similar amount of success while enjoying new items and what not... not have it go down to about 25% due to horrible balancing of new enemies and bosses?

Man, I couldn't get to Mom's heart even 50% of the time pre-expansion. I dunno what to say man, send your feedback to Edmund, they seem pretty open to making whatever changes need to be made to fix the game.

Top Bottom