• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ releases 17 Mar 2017 for the Switch

unrealist

Date has been confirmed based on Nicalis's tweet here.

In case anyone is complaining about the price .. this is Afterbirth+ with all the included DLCs to date. And based on the pictures .. it seems there is a manual too!

Clipboard_image_2017_03_09_09_01_41.png

LewieP

In case anyone is complaining about the price .. this is Afterbirth+ with all the included DLCs to date.

Er that's only a valid explanation if you can buy the base game without any of the DLC. Like you can on every other platform.

I'll always be there for physical indie games, what's the best place to import for the UK? Play Asia don't seem to have a listing.

unrealist

On PSN, it's $14.99 for Rebirth and $10.99 for Afterbirth (no +). Afterbirth+ will only be released on Q2 / May 2017 for PS4 and Xbox.

On Switch, the placeholder price is $39.99.

Do correct me if I am wrong though.

On PSN, it's $14.99 for Rebirth and $10.99 for Afterbirth (no +). Afterbirth+ will only be released on Q2 / May 2017 for PS4 and Xbox.

AB+ is 9.99. The few dollars extra is manufacturing

The Wart

I've heard mixed things about Afterbirth+. Does anyone know if it's possible to turn off expansion content and just play the vanilla game?

NeOak

Prime discount brings it down to 31.99

Has Amazon's placeholder been correct this entire time? I made sure to grab it when they first put it up in hopes of whatever exclusive extra they added to the first print copies, and I think it's always said March 17. It did last week when I checked up on it.

Occam

Neat, this is a must-play game.

(Personally, since I played it a lot on PS4/Vita and wouldn't want to start again from the beginning, that's where I'll continue once it's released).

NeOak

I'm pretty sure its the manual from the OPs screenshot

Pre-order bonus offer: Pre-order The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ to take Eden, Maggie, Lilith, Azazel, Apollyon, and Isaac wherever you go! Stick them on your Nintendo Switch, laptop, fridge, or dashboard with these Launch Edition sticker sheets. And keeping with the theme of the game, included is a collectible alternate version of the cover art. Available while supplies last.

Boke1879

Awesome they are adding a manual. Have this already preordered to it's mine. It would be awesome if more Indies added manuals to their games if they could.

lantus

As much as I want to use my gamers club discount on this, I think I want it digital. Not having to switch carts to play this seems ideal.

Berordn

It's not. It's a good expansion though.

Especially after the severe rebalancing it's been getting in the last patches. Once the official mod packs start trickling in, it'll be even better.

As much as I want to use my gamers club discount on this, I think I want it digital. Not having to switch carts to play this seems ideal.

I'm torn for the same reason. The box looks great and all but Isaac is a perfect pickup and play game.

_Clash_

Got this preordered and being sent to AU through play asia.$60 compared to $47 on steam

Better be all sweet for manual,stickers and reversible cover

Kinsei

Banned
I've heard mixed things about Afterbirth+. Does anyone know if it's possible to turn off expansion content and just play the vanilla game?

Just don't go to the void or don't play Greedier mode. The changes to the base game are good, the only thing I really don't like about the expansion is the final boss of the void and the final boss of greedier mode.

Top Bottom