• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ releases 17 Mar 2017 for the Switch

Nicodemic

Why do people even play games that aren't the binding of Isaac

If you're not playing The Binding of Isaac...

56701836.gif

Nice they're doing a second print, and fun that it has a new boxart - even if I prefer the first - but a bummer it now lacks any, ahem, "extras". So now the $40 price tag seems even worse. They could have at least kept the sticker sheets, which I cant imagine costing too terribly much to produce.

Hero

Any tips on beating Satan? I feel like I could beat him if I could practice against his fight more but I've only gotten to him a handful of times and beat him once, but I had ridiculous power ups tat run.

I'm finally reaching parts I had never seen before. I got my first
Delirium
fight yesterday, during an Eden run.
A. Fuck this guy very much
B. I died when it had only a sliver of health left
C. Fuck it

It's going to take me a year to unlock everything.

Why do people even play games that aren't the binding of Isaac
Remember this guy ?

i just want to reiterate that fuck this game

MANUELF

Banned
I didnt want to buy the game before the Switch itself but it seems I may need to do so :/
PS: is the New print run going to have the extras of the first one?

jmartoine

I just cannot get a decent run going on handheld mode. Even when I get good items I manage to fuck it up stupidly and am on a -35 stream.

Docked mode it fine though, must be something to do with the smaller screen and stuff like that.

Haunted

Any tips on beating Satan? I feel like I could beat him if I could practice against his fight more but I've only gotten to him a handful of times and beat him once, but I had ridiculous power ups tat run.
First phase:
drop a bomb near the statue while waiting to start things off, keep moving along the outer edges, make sure to stay away from them horizontally, brimstone is dangerous

Second phase:
stay at his sides, minimal movement, just enough to dodge his bullets, there's a dangerous brimstone attack in front of him so if you want to switch sides, do it quickly without hesitation

Third phase:
move move move, doesn't matter where, just don't double back on yourself, the feet come down with the same timing every time, just focus on dodging and he'll basically kill himself stomping on his own critters and your occasional shot. Bombs help as well. It's a chaotic fight so just focus on not getting hit.

Hope that helps, good luck!

Top Bottom