• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Mizerman

INCVZ6D.jpg

Fucking A.

Space ghost folks: What's with all the forehead crosses today? Went out to grab some drums and thighs..kinda saw a pattern with the older white folks..

Also, any gang culture education would be the tits!

D i Z

"black lives matter more"
i seriously think that is the key thing. they hear the word "More" after people saying BLM. we just teach them that is incorrect thinking and we solve all these problems and take em out to Red Lobster afterwards

I don't think BLM considered the many ways that this could be twisted through subtle suggestion into ammunition by the opposition. It's almost too easy. They can imply it through rhetoric, but get away without actually saying it mostly, and come out free of being accused of instigation and any underhanded amoral play.

Jay-Hova

Banned
Okay I believe in the harassment, I guess it's just something i've avoided nor is it something i've participated in during the run of this campaign.
But I stand by my criticism of BLM in that incident and my problems with the supposed activist girl because of those tweets she sent out after the fact, which includes my use of "race-baiting" because I don't know a better term to describe for someone trying to purposely inflame people rather than discuss using race (this is not in reference to storming the rally which is simple protest).
If someone has one let me know.

Infinite

Okay I believe in the harassment, I guess it's just something i've avoided nor is it something i've participated in during the run of this campaign.
But I stand by my criticism of BLM in that incident and my problems with the supposed activist girl because of those tweets she sent out after the fact, which includes my use of "race-baiting" because I don't know a better term to describe for someone trying to purposely inflame people rather than discuss using race (this is not in reference to storming the rally which is simple protest).
If someone has one let me know.
Just don't use race baiting. It doesn't help your argument to use a dog whistle.

What tweets are you even referring to

I don't think BLM considered the many ways that this could be twisted through subtle suggestion into ammunition by the opposition. It's almost too easy. They can imply it through rhetoric, but get away without actually saying it mostly, and come out free of being accused of instigation and any underhanded amoral play.

It doesn't matter. They could have called themselves the Stop Shooting Us movement, and white supremacists would still find a way to twist the words to make killer cops the victims.

Jay-Hova

Banned
Just don't use race baiting. It doesn't help your argument to use a dog whistle.

What tweets are you even referring to
I can only remember one off the top of my head, but one of the girls who stormed the rally posted herself in a shirt that said white tears drinking water.
Whether or not people irritated you, if you're an activist you need to be above such responses imo.

Furyous

Trying to hurry up and obtain a trademark and copyright for my businesses so I can start my podcast. Who's ready for rebranded tshirts? Can't wait to drum up controversy and get them checks.

I can only remember one off the top of my head, but one of the girls who stormed the rally posted herself in a shirt that said white tears drinking water.
Whether or not people irritated you, if you're an activist you need to be above such responses imo.

Dude

Using "race-baiter" is on the same level of what you're decrying here. People who engage in intelligent conversation on race don't use terms like that seriously.

Jay-Hova

Banned
Dude

Using "race-baiter" is on the same level of what you're decrying here. People who engage in intelligent conversation on race don't use terms like that seriously.
Race inflaming? Using race as a tool to provoke negative reaction? Race provoking? Are those better?
Should I not mention it at all?
Is the right thing to deny that people do use race, just like they use other topics, as a tool to promote discord/anger rather than start a healthy topic on it? I've been called a race-baiter in situation where I don't believe it was accurate but I don't see why the term should be thrown in the bushes just because of the way it's been used by certain people.

So last week I was in DC for a conference, went to Howard Theatre, hooked up with a girl at a party there, and kept hooking up with her each night till I left the city.

When I got back to work today, I ran into one of my friends at the job and the first thing she said to me was, "You Nasty." And a few of my other friends laughed.

Might as well have said, "we all saw your thirsty ass."

Haven't blushed that hard since elementary school.

andthebeatgoeson

Of course St Louis.

Fucking ass hats. I'm glad they lost the rams. Shit hole.
---
So blacked has a music video?
---
I'm 90% sure daisy gave up those cheeks.

Race inflaming? Using race as a tool to provoke negative reaction? Race provoking? Are those better?
Is the right thing to deny that people do use race, just like they use other topics, as a tool to promote discord/anger rather than start a healthy topic on it? I've been called a race-baiter in situation where I don't believe it was accurate but I don't see why the term should be thrown in the bushes just because of the way it's been used by certain people.

You need to put more effort into getting your point across.

That's the last thing I'm going to say on this

Malyse

Didn't know the worst post competition had started again.

So we got the dog whistler, the berniebro, and the gang slang aficionado. Who are you thinking will win this one, BCT?

I don't see why the term should be thrown in the bushes just because of the way it's been used by certain people.

This is the least surprising thing I've ever read in my life. Of course you don't.

------

tumblr_nym271IeY61uctlyvo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nym271IeY61uctlyvo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nym271IeY61uctlyvo3_500.jpg

Imm0rt4l

jyolVu3.jpg

My response: "This is some bullshit", to which he replied "It's just an opinion Peter"

Everything else follows that exchange.

lvueX26.png

His buddy posts this. Strong non-sequitur bro
vzY58iO.jpg

pU0srbG.jpg

YdUaCdK.jpg

I'm kinda glad his buddy ended on a sexist note tbh, it's him conceding the point and so it's just that much easier to dismiss him.

A little background on my fb friend. I know him from high school. He was a big rap fan back then, and by rap I mean Eminem and just eminem. Then he went through his rap is crap phase, Led Zepplin is the greatest band ever. Then he became a hipster/mustache wax aficionado who/biker. Basically through all his phases he's always been a fuccboi and I've called him out on at least 2 other instances.

I've been more active on facebook for the last few weeks, hopefully I can make it through the rest of BHM.

Malyse

I'm kinda glad his buddy ended on a sexist note tbh, it's him conceding the point and so it's just that much easier to dismiss him.

A little background on my fb friend. I know him from high school. He was a big rap fan back then, and by rap I mean Eminem and just eminem. Then he went through his rap is crap phase, Led Zepplin is the greatest band ever. Then he became a hipster/mustache wax aficionado who/biker. Basically through all his phases he's always been a fuccboi and I've called him out on at least 2 other instances.

I've been more active on facebook for the last few weeks, hopefully I can make it through the rest of BHM.

I mean. Why are you friends? Is he really worth it?

Mizerman

That guy sounds like a complete and utter jackass.

Imm0rt4l

I mean. Why are you friends? Is he really worth it?

You know how black people aren't privy to some conversations white people have? Well this is me being voyeuristic and calling people out on their bullshit. It's facebook, you don't actually see these people regularly if at all. It's not like we're real friends.

Slayven

One of the phrases that instantly turns off my respecting you "Follow the money"

I never not known someone that used that phrase and been sane

D i Z

Playing catch up on the thread

It doesn't matter. They could have called themselves the Stop Shooting Us movement, and white supremacists would still find a way to twist the words to make killer cops the victims.

Yeah, you're right about that.

DS9 is still the best Trek.

You also, are right about a thing you wrote.

And you calling her a race baiter is different from her with that shirt (not at the rally btw), how exactly?

Top Bottom