• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Malyse

…
…
…

I just got a $30/hour job offer.

…
…
…

I JUST GOT A $30/HOUR JOB OFFER.

I still have to interview but for $30/hour? And it's literally what my degree is in. I can do this. Pray for me, fam.
You know how black people aren't privy to some conversations white people have? Well this is me being voyeuristic and calling people out on their bullshit. It's facebook, you don't actually see these people regularly if at all. It's not like we're real friends.
You don't need that shit in your feed.

Shy

…
…
…

…
…
…

I still have to interview but for $30/hour? And it's literally what my degree is in.
HOLYSHIT. That's pretty dope DD.

Break a leg on the interview.

Slayven

…
…
…

…
…
…

I still have to interview but for $30/hour? And it's literally what my degree is in. I can do this. Pray for me, fam.

Now you can get that Anna realdoll you been wanting.

Now you can get that Anna realdoll you been wanting.
giphy.gif

Kreed

Race inflaming? Using race as a tool to provoke negative reaction? Race provoking? Are those better?
Should I not mention it at all?
Is the right thing to deny that people do use race, just like they use other topics, as a tool to promote discord/anger rather than start a healthy topic on it? I've been called a race-baiter in situation where I don't believe it was accurate but I don't see why the term should be thrown in the bushes just because of the way it's been used by certain people.

It's already in the bushes which is why you've been getting negative posts ever since you first showed up in here. The US conservative media has completely taken ownership of this term as a way to stop all discussions about ethnicity (especially in regards to black people) and using this term immediately lumps you into this group. Ex: Beyonce's new video Formation and her Super Bowl performance is being called "race baiting" for simply referencing police killings of black people. So if you want to be taken seriously, especially while talking to black people, avoid using anything said by conservatives on TV/online in the United States as talking points at all costs (Social Justice Warriors, race baiting, outrage culture, political correctness is destroying the country, anything that comes out of Stacey Dash's mouth, etc...).

…
…
…

…
…
…

Good luck DD.

D i Z

Rayven Simone says Beyounce fell off with Formation.

Raven stays on the trading block.

Race inflaming? Using race as a tool to provoke negative reaction? Race provoking? Are those better?
Should I not mention it at all?
Is the right thing to deny that people do use race, just like they use other topics, as a tool to promote discord/anger rather than start a healthy topic on it? I've been called a race-baiter in situation where I don't believe it was accurate but I don't see why the term should be thrown in the bushes just because of the way it's been used by certain people.

Annnnnd, we're done. You get a spot next to Raven as well if the papers are in order.

I found this on Twitter. Sadly I don't have the original source:

Ca3dXzfUkAEBXLg.jpg

Good find. Will use.

…
…
…

…
…
…

Congrats yo. Now claim that.

Malyse

Demi gonna be ballin next time Disney open up the vault
*assuming I don't have all the movies I want already*
DD would probably pass me if I was on the side of the road dying on some "tough luck nigga!!!" shit

That's how fresh he is.
Naw. I'm sure I could sell your clothes or something when you finished dying and I can fake trying to save you like a champ. Besides, even broke dudes at least carry a wallet.
I am that broke (until next month when 5 stacks appears in my bank acct) , I lived in a homeless shelter for fucks sakes!
Good ol mr Pell.

Slayven

Oh shit. Just read the latest Ultimates. Guess who put out a hit on Black Panther

Eternity the living embodiment of the universe

Bowlie

Banned
Congrats Slay on the podcast!
I didn't know you all were doing this, it'll be nice to hear more about american (as in not brazilian, the ones I'm used to) thoughts on black culture.

Who are the other gaffers here on it?

…
…
…

…
…
…

CONGRATS! That's a great look! I'm sure the interview will go well.

Sch1sm

Cleveland sent Tamir Rices family a bill for his ambulance

The chill is dead in heat.

…
…
…

…
…
…

Congrats! 👊🏽🙏🏽

These are great.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
…
…
…

…
…
…

Damn, bruh! Congrats if you land this. Someday I'll join y'all once I finish this Bachelors.

…
…
…

…
…
…

Sweet Christmas

Whatever it takes mal, whatever it takes

Bronx-Man

Banned
…
…
…

…
…
…

My boy Malyse moving on up to the east side. He finally got a piece of the pie, congrats.

Jay-Hova

Banned
Raven stays on the trading block.

Annnnnd, we're done. You get a spot next to Raven as well if the papers are in order.

Good find. Will use.

Congrats yo. Now claim that.
So wait i'm close to Raven when you're trying to put another black person in a box based on a slight difference in opinion on the usage of a damn phrase that even I'm willing to just leave up to however the person feels?
I'd say that put's you closer to.....i'd say what you're trying to describe is a "coon" (another word I hate) than me if that's hat you're trying to say.
This is why talking with certain black people on race is so frustrating because it's seen as though there's only one way to think about things.
I'm not going to police the words I use just because you believe they're inflammatory or inappropriate.
The person I was describing was purposely using race as a vehicle to irritate people so she could get enjoyment out of it, call it whatever you want but the phrase I used was a perfect descriptor for it.
Hell even if I'm wrong that's nowhere close to what Raven Symone has done, and based on my actions in real life and online in regards to race discussions you even implying that is incredibly insulting, people don't need to conform to your views on everything otherwise you're going to be calling the vast majority of black Americans "coon", room for dissent is needed.
It's already in the bushes which is why you've been getting negative posts ever since you first showed up in here. The US conservative media has completely taken ownership of this term as a way to stop all discussions about ethnicity (especially in regards to black people) and using this term immediately lumps you into this group. Ex: Beyonce's new video Formation and her Super Bowl performance is being called "race baiting" for simply referencing police killings of black people. So if you want to be taken seriously, especially while talking to black people, avoid using anything said by conservatives on TV/online in the United States as talking points at all costs (Social Justice Warriors, race baiting, outrage culture, political correctness is destroying the country, anything that comes out of Stacey Dash's mouth, etc...).

Good luck DD.
I see what you're saying, and I agree to an extent, but really that's all optics to me and I'm generally not one to tip toe around my views because of my phrasing.
But considering I've said the same in reference to people using "social justice warrior" to insult people I don't really have any high ground on this, so I guess next time I make a post like that i'll pay closer attention as to what the words I use will trigger in people because generally I only do that in reference to slurs.
Thank you, now I can focus on changing that aspect of my speaking.

akira28

I'm sorry but I'd have to stop and give that black Psycho-girl a ride in my Dunebuggy...for reasons. I can't explain.

dd, i'm going to ask the spirit world to intercede on your behalf.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Is there a "black panther education video" somewhere we can just re-post every time someone starts talking about Beyonce?

Hell, Anthony Bourdain gives an accurate description of what happened in his Parts Unknown show when he visited Oakland in thd Bay Area episode and met up with a founding member of the Black Panthers for lunch. Can't find a clip of it though.

jmood88

An organization called National Nurses United posted a picture of a Bernie event where the topic was "how to talk to black women" with, of course, no black women in the room. After getting criticized, they deleted the tweet with no explanation. I can't post the picture cause I'm on my phone but go to Imani Gandi's Twitter to see. Bernie just doesn't get it, man.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
…
…
…

…
…
…

You got the offer before the interview? Damnnnnnnnn. Does that mean you won't be competing with anyone else? Grats.

Top Bottom