• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumblr_inline_o803x5Yvlw1scb8cg_500.gif

Damn time warps..

Furyous

Bct pm me your twitter handles.

Pm me an explanation why you need it.

--

The Young Turks live stream is the best thing about the Republican convention. This audience is dead as shit. Meh, at this entire shit. The 2008 convention was more lively. I want a reason to vote for Trump but I don't see it with policy.

BCT, how we feeling about this convention?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
idk why but the cops getting off on paralyzing that man has me heated more than the usual pass cops get.

i need a drink.

idk why but the cops getting off on paralyzing that man has me heated more than the usual pass cops get.

i need a drink.

Probably because you thought this'd be a slam dunk like me. Old man vs. overzealous cop. No "monster negro", "criminal past", or "feared for my life" narratives to spin out of it. Just some brute who broke an old man's bones. But that soft target isn't even enough to crack through the blue shield.

So psyched. Also hoping Tetsuya Nomoura and his team get advanced screenings of this for development purposes.

Night yo.

Also the Free Milo hashtag is a lovely source of salt right now.

Oh Christ. I'm happy ignoring that hashtag. My world is better not knowing about the existence of Milo stans.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Probably because you thought this'd be a slam dunk like me. Old man vs. overzealous cop. No "monster negro", "criminal past", or "feared for my life" narratives to spin out of it. Just some brute who broke an old man's bones. But that soft target isn't even enough to crack through the blue shield.
well.... yeah. actually. you nailed it.

fuck. shits so fucked up. i feel like the jesse cantkeepgettingawaywithit.gif

well.... yeah. actually. you nailed it.

fuck. shits so fucked up. i feel like the jesse cantkeepgettingawaywithit.gif

It also feels like only minorities and a handful of woke white people are the same gif. Everyone else is the Thisisfine.jpg

I'm happy to inform you that Nomura does in fact get to see Disney movies way in advance for that reason precisely.

Yo! Thank you! I no longer have to suffer with wondering. Hope he doesn't pass up golden opportunities like Zootopia and Moana

Malyse

It also feels like only minorities and a handful of woke white people are the same gif. Everyone else is the Thisisfine.jpg

Yo! Thank you! I no longer have to suffer with wondering. Hope he doesn't pass up golden opportunities like Zootopia and Moana

Zootopia and Frozen are a lock; those made way too damn much money to get ignored. I mean, stores are *still* selling Frozen merch. Plus Zootopia was in Unchained.

In fact, I could make a decent list of "confirmed" worlds for KH3 at this point.

Order

Zootopia and Frozen are a lock; those made way too damn much money to get ignored. I mean, stores are *still* selling Frozen merch. Plus Zootopia was in Unchained.

In fact, I could make a decent list of "confirmed" worlds for KH3 at this point.
Zootopia was in Unchained? As a world?

Malyse

Zootopia was in Unchained? As a world?
No, as Medals and Outfits. But they've never stepped outside KH canon like that, which implies pretty damn heavily that it's going in 3. Season 1 of Unchained is all Princesses of Heart (Wonderland, Dwarf Woodlands, Agrabah, Beast's Castle, Enchanted Dominion*, Castle of Dreams*) plus the Coliseum and the hub world, Daybreak Town. Who knows what happens when the war starts though.

*not in the game yet, but found in the game data files.

Malyse

Okay, that was freaking awesome and adorable with the living water.
Way I figure, if I start the Moana hype train *now*, then a few of y'all might hop on board before Rogue One is out. I mean, some of y'all still ain't seen Zootopia in spite of my constant declarations of both its excellence and importance to black lives in particular.

T___T

#GoSeeZootopia
/s except the go see Zootopia part.

On a related note, I would love to see Zootopia in KH, but I have zero faith in a Japanese creator's capacity to convey the nuance of American race relations as portrayed in the film and that's despite the fact that (due to the massive profits of Battlefront and Disney Infinity) Disney is actually giving a fuck about Kingdom Hearts for the first time and providing creative input to help with world building. I think that they will miss the point or truncate it to the detriment of the film's point.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds

this truth hurts me.

in other news, i thought zootopia was kinda wack. then again i'm not big on animated movies. if they aren't named incredibles or finding nemo/dory my attention goes elsewhere.

I am going to end the night after reading up on what happened to Leslie Jones. I mean, its good that this fuckboy was banned and all but there wasn't even much backlash against the dude if at all, hell, they fucking started a support hashtag for the dude.

We can come to Swift's side even after some bullshit lie she tells people in order to create some weak ass drama, but can't defend actors who are harrassed off of the internet because she is black. I didn't expect alot from people, but its just gross. It is even more sad that most people who look at what is happening don't even catch what is really going on. It just makes that famous H-Town post more true with each passing story.

Such is life, though. I can only hope I see some bit of change before I have kids. This shit seems to get worse by the year.

Goodnight all.

I am going to end the night after reading up on what happened to Leslie Jones. I mean, its good that this fuckboy was banned and all but there wasn't even much backlash against the dude if at all, hell, they fucking started a support hashtag for the dude.

Betrayed myself and scooped the fallout and #FreeMilo hashtags too and again am floored by the overwhelming amount gross people giving their honest support for that manipulative snake. A man who literally fabricated cause to get an army on a person who was guilty of being a black woman in a film. Dude is not just a non-contributing member to society but literally steals the humanity from society and people are falling over themselves to get him back. All under the umbrella of "don't silence"/"fight from the underdog" bs from people who've never lifted more than an eyebrow for a marginalized group in their entire existence if they weren't already putting work into tearing down the marginalized in the first place.

Peeped a "FreeMilo/shame on Twitter" tweet among the trending from a gaming Youtuber I used to watch called AlphaOmegaSin before he revealed himself as a staunch gamergater and pure hater of all things feminism. Made me feel like taking 9 scalding showers to know I left likes on that dude's vids before. So many people are such fucking disappointments and it's scary that they aren't sick of it.

But even scarier is the people who drown self-satisfied in their precious, neutral life, all sides look like dummies, coddle your enemies, passionless, milquetoast shit pool. The people who could lift a finger but don't. The people who could amplify the voices of the actually oppressed but don't. The people who could actually help push back against this foul mire of pure hatred and bigotry but due to being educated by decades of a hammered in world view of indifference, can watch this all take place, wag their finger and look the other way in the next moment. I fear for my kids having to deal with those people most of all because it can make people feel so damn isolated when you know that hate may be in the eyes of the next person you meet for things about yourself you can't change.

....Fuck this past month has cracked a hole in my head. Thank God for my pain meds.

Sch1sm

A cop was shot in Kansas too. It's been quite a day...

Shot and killed, even. Jesus.

>responds to drive by shooting
>ends up victim of pretty much just that?

Bct pm me your twitter handles.

How are we going to ask dumb questions on GAF if we give up our identities through social media, bruh?

A lot of people spend time being black people and women on the net, does anyone fake being a white dude?

I know a disturbing amount of people online over the years who pretended to be a white dude, only to be found out as a female. Maybe they think that's what people find desirable and an effective image to catfish with.

Was mostly on dumb MMORPGs and the sort.

There's always Ruckus.

Kreed

The annoying thing about these coons is all they do is fuel Republicans NOT to do anything for black people by giving them the "hey, I'm not racist, I have black friends" cards they need to keep not doing anything.

But in general I feel like most black republicans like Ben Carson don't actually care about black people in the US anyway. They are just tired of being the token black guys at all the parties.

Crocodile

Only now do some feel a line has been crossed? LMAO.

I will say though, every time they said something akin "we stand with the police!" at the convention, I cringed because I knew what they were really saying. Why is it so hard for some people to get that we just want to be treated fairly by law enforcement and for there to be real accountability? It's not like Black people as a whole want to get rid of the police or anything similar to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom