• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

I can talk to people about a lot of topics but I'm a better listener. I hate opening my mouth because I just sound like an idiot. Unless someone talks about something I really care about, I just want to die during a conversation, though. I hate interacting with people. I have severe social anxiety and every second I'm around people is a nightmare.
This is me so much.

Sch1sm

Anyone got any cyberpunk scifi or scifi suggestiosn for books? Need to broaden my horizons.

Also, I'm looking at recordings of this Birdie player named X_Y_Z_Z_Y on YouTube and holy shit this player is good.

Cyberpunk? I got cyberpunk for you.

William Gibson - The Peripheral
Neal Stephenson - Cyrptonomicon
Bruce Sterling - Visionary in Residence
Lewis Shiner - Frontera
Shariann Lewitt - Memento Mori, Interface Mask

---

I just don't like speaking if I have nothing genuinely worthwhile to say, so I always get hit with that, "You don't speak much, do you?" Nah, b, I listen 'cause I have nothing to add to this that's worth salt.

Slayven

Oh we doing book recommendations? I've been trying to power through "Game of Thrones" before the next season starts and have been meaning to read "The Four Noble Truths".

More suggestions are always welcome though.

Do you purchase your comics or just get them digital. How much old shit you got laying about.

Also do you recommend this current Black Panther run as a good start for someone wanting to learn more about the character.
i still like floppies. Not as much, i lost most of my comics in a move a few years back. Yea BP is good stuff

This is me so much.
Yeah, I can tell. People think I'm weird as it is, and half of that is probably my inability to hold eye contact for more than a millisecond because I don't want to look like I'm staring and creep people out. Then sometimes I force myself to make eye contact to try to fight that, and looking people in the face stresses me out so much because I might see something negative in their expression. I've developed a horrible habit of looking through people figuratively speaking so it looks like I'm making eye contact but I don't actually have to look at them.

Smh And now I'm going to bed. Night all.

Sch1sm

Since we're doing recommendations, anything in the mystery department. Feels like it has been a while since I read a good mystery.

Raymond Chandler - The Big Sleep
Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Shadow of the Wind
S.J. Watson - Before I Go To Sleep

I really need to update my 50 books/movies challenge. I've read a fair bit this month. The above were some I got done with this week. Zafon's is my favourite of the bunch. First is definitely a classic. Last one is just different.

Did you see the tits? Did you hear the old man say fuck? Did you hear how many times? Did you catch all the head stabbing and blood?

There's your answer. Dangle keys in front of babies and they think it's the greatest thing ever. Best X-Men movie, for sure..

Because...violence I guess

Not ever but it was fun
fav moment was
little girl being silent for so long but when she started spitting ....lost it

Probably not the best ever, but definitely up there in terms of the X-Men films.

It's my favorite X-Men film by far. It is everything that apocalypse wasn't. It felt like a wolverine movie

I really need to update my 50 books/movies challenge. I've read a fair bit this month. The above were some I got done with this week. Zafon's is my favourite of the bunch. First is definitely a classic. Last one is just different.
Thanks man. Never heard of Shadow of the Wind but it seems really interesting.

Back to watching Atlanta again. I disliked the first five episodes mainly because I thought the main guy and his girl are corny, but episodes 7 and 8 are pretty damn funny.

Shy

Yeah, I can tell. People think I'm weird as it is, and half of that is probably my inability to hold eye contact for more than a millisecond because I don't want to look like I'm staring and creep people out. Then sometimes I force myself to make eye contact to try to fight that, and looking people in the face stresses me out so much because I might see something negative in their expression. I've developed a horrible habit of looking through people figuratively speaking so it looks like I'm making eye contact but I don't actually have to look at them.
I've been accused of that before.
Smh And now I'm going to bed. Night all.
Night night.
Back to watching Atlanta again. I disliked the first five episodes mainly because I thought the main guy and his girl are corny, but episodes 7 and 8 are pretty damn funny.
Love Atlanta.

Slayven

Into the badlans comes back tonight

tumblr_nzrtsdqBPQ1uj9kb7o1_500.gif

Speaking of reading, does any of you a eReader...particuallrly kindle since that seems to be the most popular one. Ipad is great for reading comics, but not so much for novels I find. That's why I'm thinking about getting one.

Slayven

When they circled around Sunny with that choreographed shit it was so wild. Now I'm hearing S2 has even better fights and writing now. Gonna be crazy
The writing was hottest of garbage. But the fights so good
Been so long I ain't even excited. I'll just wait until it's over and watch it all at once..waited this long.

It's a damn shame they waited so long. I bet it was to give the corny Talking dead some room

Speaking of reading, does any of you a eReader...particuallrly kindle since that seems to be the most popular one. Ipad is great for reading comics, but not so much for novels I find. That's why I'm thinking about getting one.

Just rocking' with my iPad mini. I wanted a kindle honestly but the UPS guy accidentally dropped this off at my house.

No questions were asked

BigDes

Just rocking' with my iPad mini. I wanted a kindle honestly but the UPS guy accidentally dropped this off at my house.

No questions were asked
Same. Well not the whole getting one by mistake thing.

I kind of want Kindle but I would feel gross to buy one when I have both an ipad and a phone.

Zekes!

I got half way through this book and been meaning to go back. University just makes me not wanna read shit.

I'm pretty sure I watched the movie tho, back when I was on a big film noir kick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom