• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

LOQbSXv.gif

zeemumu

I'm not a drinking/party guy (at least not regularly) and I can not for the life of me think of anything to occupy myself right now outside of video games and watching internet videos. How the hell am I supposed to maintain anyone else's interest if I can't even maintain my own?

Chris Claremont and Jim Lee created him
Gambit sucks
I don't really own any that worth money. I never been into that side of things

See! I knew it! Jim Lee looked at me real weird when I had him sign my 1st apperence of Gambit comic at Nycc one year.

I enjoyed Gambit growing up but mainly because I only had the fox 5 cartoon as a reference.

Oh the most expensive comic was more about what you might have collected over the years that has more value now a days.

Thanks for that

There ain't a single Popeyes that's a reasonable driving distance near where I live.

fuckeverything.gif
I'm not a drinking/party guy (at least not regularly) and I can not for the life of me think of anything to occupy myself right now outside of video games and watching internet videos. How the hell am I supposed to maintain anyone else's interest if I can't even maintain my own?

I mean, even I managed to get a girlfriend with me having those same traits. Granted, she had to slap me upside the head to make me realize she liked me, but the point remains.

Oh and I see it now. Just went into the gaming side. I wasn't going to click on the thread until I saw that one of our own created it and Beef posted it in it. Nepenthe does make great posts like royalan.

Brah....are you me? Because this is me in a nutshell. I can't for the life of me talk about anything unless it's video games.

zeemumu

I mean, even I managed to get a girlfriend with me having those same traits. Granted, she had to slap me upside the head to make me realize she liked me, but the point remains.

I wanted to solve that first before I started worrying about relationships. I'm still far too self-conscious about not having my bachelor's or a job lined up yet, and it causes me to avoid conversations where those might come up.

Brah....are you me? Because this is me in a nutshell. I can't for the life of me talk about anything unless it's video games.

I can talk about other things but I can't be the one carrying most of the conversation. It has to be like a 60/40 split with me at the 40. But I feel like I should either be more knowledgeable than I am or at least be able to stay interesting because I and my friends deserve better than the boring dead weight that I feel like right now.

tumblr_inline_noqdcqpaxo1rxr4x6_500.gif

Shy

I'm the same way. 😞

Slayven

See! I knew it! Jim Lee looked at me real weird when I had him sign my 1st apperence of Gambit comic at Nycc one year.

I enjoyed Gambit growing up but mainly because I only had the fox 5 cartoon as a reference.

Oh the most expensive comic was more about what you might have collected over the years that has more value now a days.

Thanks for that

Most expensive things i brought were master editions of the marvel handbook

LotusHD

Banned

I'm weird in that I'm pretty fun to be around, but I'm still hella boring in the sense that I am absolutely not the guy to talk to when it comes to making moves. I'm just always gonna be that guy that prefers to be at home more often than not, so people gotta invite me to do shit; it's rarely ever the other way around. Even when I get invited somewhere, I be like "How much is this gonna cost tho..."

Damn. When did the thread get real. :(

LionPride

Banned
I'm weird in that I'm pretty fun to be around, but I'm still hella boring in the sense that I am absolutely not the guy to talk to when it comes to making moves. I'm just always gonna be that guy that prefers to be at home more often than not, so people gotta invite me to do shit; it's rarely ever the other way around. Even when I get invited somewhere, I be like "How much is this gonna cost tho..."
Same.

Although I wanna just be out, but don't have my license

Mizerman

Sounds like me as well.

There is a great big old world outside of your house that doesn't consist solely of drinking and partying. Go outside.

zeemumu

I need some good books to read. I got Dracula sitting on my counter and I haven't touched since I read the last chapter I was on.

I read that last year. It's pretty funny how it's clearly supposed to be a mystery but Dracula's so damn popular nowadays that you know what's going on before you open the book.

Honestly if you're trying to find engagement. Read as much as you can. It's a fairly inexpensive habit if you've got a library nearby.

I try to read when I can. I need new book recommendations though.

Oh we doing book recommendations? I've been trying to power through "Game of Thrones" before the next season starts and have been meaning to read "The Four Noble Truths".

More suggestions are always welcome though.

Most expensive things i brought were master editions of the marvel handbook

Do you purchase your comics or just get them digital. How much old shit you got laying about.

Also do you recommend this current Black Panther run as a good start for someone wanting to learn more about the character.

Malyse

TIL people actually think Gamergate is something that went away.
That's what I get for reading comments on articles.

Anyone got any cyberpunk scifi or scifi suggestiosn for books? Need to broaden my horizons.

Also, I'm looking at recordings of this Birdie player named X_Y_Z_Z_Y on YouTube and holy shit this player is good.

Malyse

Oh we doing book recommendations? I've been trying to power through "Game of Thrones" before the next season starts and have been meaning to read "The Four Noble Truths".

More suggestions are always welcome though.

The Cosmere series by Brandon Sanderson.
Everything by Jasper Fforde.
If you like anime: everything by NisiOisiN
The Dire series.
Worm by Wildbow.

Those are pretty much the best things I've read, but more specific reccs depend on your personal tastes. Also, Marvel/DC books tend to be pretty popcorn affairs and Star Wars is Star Wars. The canon stuff is pretty good, but the Aftermath series is pretty much the interquel trilogy between RotJ and TFA

I can talk to people about a lot of topics but I'm a better listener. I hate opening my mouth because I just sound like an idiot. Unless someone talks about something I really care about, I just want to die during a conversation, though. I hate interacting with people. I have severe social anxiety and every second I'm around people is a nightmare.

Speaking of nightmares, I saw Get Out, and it's amazing, but those
sunken place
scenes fucked me up.

I try to read when I can. I need new book recommendations though.
Read Hell House by Richard Matheson or Salem's Lot by Stephen King.

It was good, but I don't get why everyone(many) swears this is the best superhero movie ever.

Did you see the tits? Did you hear the old man say fuck? Did you hear how many times? Did you catch all the head stabbing and blood?

There's your answer. Dangle keys in front of babies and they think it's the greatest thing ever. Best X-Men movie, for sure..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom