• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need White people to keep on punching these Nazis in the face.

The strength from oppression and racism in my punch would have me catching a case.

22 years in the struggle tomorrow. Don't know how she deals with me, but she is loved eternally for it..😘

Congrats on that strong love man.

----------------------------------------------

Morning everyone, turn up Friday is here. Hope y'alls week is coming to an alright end despite boundless fuckery.

giphy.gif

Sch1sm

Yep, every single stupid ass moron that said that exposed themselves real quick. And now they look even more stupid with just how quick Trump is dealing out order after order.

Yep. We in the first week and America is looking more dismal with each order filed and signed. I shudder to imagine what six months from now will look like.

I'm imagining it's gonna look like some pure Orwellian deal considering the attempts to keep scientists quiet. And then simultaneously like Huxley's Brave New World 'cause we know full well none of his supporters are trying to read anything, so a ban on books aren't even necessary with Trump at he head.

22 years in the struggle tomorrow. Don't know how she deals with me, but she is loved eternally for it..��

Tell em..

Congrats and I wish you both many more.

It's probably because of those back massages you give her with them soft ass hands..and of course you treat her right

Johndoey

Banned
Congratulations on the anniversary Gordon. I wish you many more.
--
Trump Wants to Slash the EPA's Workforce and Budget, Transition Official Says
The conservative think tank in Washington opposes "global-warming alarmism" and receives a portion of its funding from corporations and individuals that profit from the continued burning of fossil fuels. Ebell has long been a vocal critic of federal environmental regulations, which he claims are strangling the nation's economy and impeding job growth

Slayven

Taking the day off, assuming we are not back on the plantation. See you on the other side.

Gordon and Lion has the DC shade on lock

Bronx is on Jandro hands dudty

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
I've been lurking in this thread for a bit and you all seem like cool dudes.

Where you're from / Where you live - Chicago suburbs
What is your age? - 26
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - English/Irish
Do you know your roots - Not fully
Favorite musical genre - Metal / R&B
Your profession/major/career interest - Finance/Accounting
Your religious affiliation - Catholic
Hobbies - Movies, videogames, comics
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeyes (never been to the last two)
Marvel or DC? - Marvel
Favorite superhero? - Spider-Man
Anime or Nah? - Not really
Favorite sport and team? - Bears/Bulls/White Sox
What's your favorite Disney movie? - Beauty and the Beast
What's your favorite video game and genre? - Ninja Gaiden Black. Love action games.

What is your age? - 26
Marvel or DC? - Marvel
What's your favorite video game and genre? - Ninja Gaiden Black. Love action games.

Welcome! Enjoy your stay here.

Kal_El

I'm finally putting Destiny down unless something comes before D2. My backlog is stupid because of this game. I'm going to start Tomb Raider 2 today. Then Titanfall 2, Witcher 3, Overwatch (lvl 14) Dark Souls 2 & 3. Just about all Telltale games other than Walking Dead. Mad Max (maybe). Diablo 3 (doubtful). Horizon coming up. Also just got my platinum in FFXV.

I work a panama schedule "Panama Shift Schedule. 24/7 Shift Coverage. This is a slow rotating shift pattern that uses 4 teams and two 12-hr shifts to provide 24/7 coverage. The working and non-working days follow this pattern: 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off."

So today starts my 3 days off. Getting some gaming in PSN Clark_Kent hmu

Johndoey

Banned

What is your age? - 26
Marvel or DC? - Marvel
Hey! How's life?

JeanGrey

Good Morning BCT,

I haven't posted in a bit so I just wanted to pop in and say hi!!!

Welcome to any new member of our community that have joined us to participate in friendly conversations.

We are living in some upside-down world and this place this community is a safe place or at least it used to feel like it.

So I would like to start by say hi to my favorite assassin RYU 😘, hi to my gurl Cammy,
Mr. Cadbury, and even Grabby Alex 😛.

Can't forget Old man slay and all my BCT family. Thank you for all your Love Stay happy and be Safe xoxo!!!

Good Morning BCT,

Welcome to any new member of our community that have joined us to participate in friendly conversations.

We are living in some upside-down world and this place this community is a safe place or at least it used to feel like it.

So I would like to start by say hi to my favorite assassin RYU 😘, hi to my gurl Cammy,

Can't forget Old man slay and all my BCT family. Thank you for all your Love Stay happy and be Safe xoxo!!!

Hello, and thanks for the warm welcome. I joined in the last thread and have come to love everyone here. You are all awesome in ya'll own way and I don't want ya'll to ever forget that, okay? Okay! :D

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Well since he's the guy that said he'll be alright with his wife and his weed, I could give a fuck. Dude is plenty responsible for that orange fuck pushing that BOTH THE SAME/Vote Jill Stein bullshit because his boy didn't get the nomination..fucking child..

He also said that weed should be legal as part of reparations for slavery. Killer Mike has been changed by his "new" audience and is never coming back. Frustrates me because he is clearly intelligent, but is content with playing a role. His act at the Dem Convention was damned shameful.

So the White woman behind Emmit Till's lynching confessed she made up the story of him wolf whistling and making physical advances at her. No surprises there. She's still alive & her family keeps her hidden.

What is your age? - 26
Marvel or DC? - Marvel

One more for spider man

You're alright, welcome!

So I'm an expert in drinking and strippers.....

I'll take it.

Had to pop my head in and see if you cats still kicking. Miss you motorscooters.

BCT family reunion?

That would be amazing.

Yeah and for those wondering I'm still writing a book, I survived the Louisiana Flood, my ex has called me her best friend after her divorce, I dated some very strange women, tackled a racist, started a youtube channel (Outpost 406 Official)and trying to start my own website.

And I got a shitload of puppies.

Yeah.

22 years in the struggle tomorrow. Don't know how she deals with me, but she is loved eternally for it..��

Congrats, man.

They should make home alone with a black kid.

Make it where she has to take on the burglars and the cops, and wins in the end.

That post of mine that is linked to in the OP is about three years out of date, and it has been bothering me. So, here's an update:

Books I've read—a few of these are less directly about the subject of race (though they usually disproportionately affect black people) but might be relevant to important discussions or provide relevant historical context or whatever. You'll probably be able to identify which books those are just by the titles.

1. The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness, by Michelle Alexander
  2. A Massacre in Memphis: The Race Riot That Shook the Nation One Year After the Civil War, by Stephen V. Ash
  3. The Half Has Never Been Told: Slavery and the Making of American Capitalism, by Edward E. Baptist
  4. Loathing Lincoln: An American Tradition From the Civil War To the Present, by John McKee Barr
  5. Burning Down the House: The End of Juvenile Prison, by Nell Bernstein
  6. Slavery by Another Name: The Re-Enslavement of Black Americans from the Civil War to World War II, by Douglas A. Blackmon
  7. Race and Reunion: The Civil War in American Memory, by David W. Blight
  8. Racism without Racists: Color-Blind Racism and the Persistence of Racial Inequality in the United States, by Eduardo Bonilla-Silva
  9. Pit Bull: The Battle over an American Icon, by Bronwen Dickey (no, seriously)
  10. Hair Story: Untangling the Roots of Black Hair in America, by Ayana Byrd
  11. Between the World and Me, by Ta-Nehisi Coates
etc.

Jesus Christ, that's a daunting list. I wish I could afford even five books on the list. One day I'll read all of these.

So the White woman behind Emmit Till's lynching confessed she made up the story of him wolf whistling and making physical advances at her. No surprises there. She's still alive & her family keeps her hidden.

If there's a hell, she's going there and she knows it. I'll bring some marshmallows and make smores on her sizzling, tortured soul.

What is your age? - 26
Marvel or DC? - Marvel

Mm mm them teams bruh! Haha welcome :D

Spades of course--and you have to share the story of who taught you how to play.

Where the bones at? If we playing spades, I play for money.

Sch1sm

What is your age? - 26
Marvel or DC? - Marvel

Welcome to the fray.

Fuck Chicago sports. I rate the Blackhawks, though.

Good Morning BCT,

Hello, hello. Stay safe, girl. Don't let G beat you at SFV today, he's not allowed. No hands can be thrown.

All these kids in the thread now.

Someone's gotta let this place live on when all y'all die off from old age, or have strokes from all them, "Back in my day," stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom