• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Janet Jackson isn't some random video chick or aspiring model... she's Janet Jackson. Her being with Dupri was a lateral move as far as status is concerned.

Dupri most likely has a rap and that guy probably doesn't and it sounds like he has never even been friends with a woman. It also seems like he never learned how to handle failure and rejection.

Even within the industry, nobody thought Jermaine with Janet was a lateral move, but a clear upgrade for Jermaine and downgrade for Janet. LOL But I get your point.

You're right about handling failure and rejection, but suppose everything you've tried has been nothing but failure and rejection and keeps occurring over and over again? I think for most people they end up overcoming it, but I never thought about what happens to those that don't?

It's fascinating especially when you look at Nerd culture and places like most of neogaf and it all adds up quite a bit.

I'm friends with a guy at work, and i remember him putting on his facebook page this year that he was hoping to finally get a girlfriend after six years.

Just seeing it first hand, it can be hard because no one else at work takes the guy seriously and won't even bring up dating to him. If they do its typcially in a manner to make him the butt of a Joke.

Yeah, it's just something I never really paid attention to until joining this board and learning a lot.

Shy

What's bollocks about 1? I just finished playing it back in November I think. I don't recall anything weird.
It's been a very long time.

But i remember thinking it was all just very silly.

Sorry that i can't be more specific.
I don't ever want to be lectured about racism by a European again.
Well you see Slay. Here in post racial Europe........ 😝
WB is about to DCEU the shit out of the Godzilla universe.
Ohh no. 😞

Enzom21

Even within the industry, nobody thought Jermaine with Janet was a lateral move, but a clear upgrade for Jermaine and downgrade for Janet. LOL But I get your point.

You're right about handling failure and rejection, but suppose everything you've tried has been nothing but failure and rejection and keeps occurring over and over again? I think for most people they end up overcoming it, but I never thought about what happens to those that don't?

Therapy, he needs therapy. The world would be a much better place if most people were in therapy.
He doesn't recognize that his issues are internal so he sees his loneness and rejection as being caused by external forces.
Making friends might help him but he could really use some type of therapy.

br9m1.jpg
Came in here at the wrong time

It's fascinating especially when you look at Nerd culture and places like most of neogaf and it all adds up quite a bit.

I'm friends with a guy at work, and i remember him putting on his facebook page this year that he was hoping to finally get a girlfriend after six years.

Just seeing it first hand, it can be hard because no one else at work takes the guy seriously and won't even bring up dating to him. If they do its typcially in a manner to make him the butt of a Joke.

________

Clark on these early seasons of smallville is a pretty shitty dude.

This actually brings up a rather unpleasant memory for me where I was in the exact situation where I was the butt of the joke.

I was a shy kid in my freshman year of high school. I never talked to anyone, just kept to myself. So I guess I was the perfect target for a good old fashioned gotcha moment from some girls who probably saw me as easy pickings. One of them came over, got near my face and said I was cute. I was never the one for conversation back then, especially with girls, so I was didn't know what to do. Then she ask for my phone number. I should've known back then it was a truck, but like I said I was shy and awkward. I fumbled for my phone, but the girl was already back in the seat across from me and laughing with her friend. That...kinda crushed my soul a bit. It's been years since then and every time I think about going out and maybe pursuing a relationship, I think back to that one moment and soon perish the thought about a relationship. I know I shouldn't let stuff like that get to me, but it does. I'm improving though and making sure stuff like that don't get to me. But I'm still working on getting my nerves up about a relationship.

Faustek

I can't wait for the reactions when Metroid Prime 4's first trailer has the Zero Suit in it.

"this shit again? *goes back to play Super Metroid* the last great Metroid game"
Yeah I know I'm in a lonely camp on this one but Prime never grabbed me. It was slow, clunky and didn't even come close to the PC games prior to it and during its release.

anyone interested in Lawbreakers?

I was but then Quake saw the light again. Will probably play it sparsely but if they can get it going again at the old full speed I'll be watching more of it.

This actually brings up a rather unpleasant memory for me where I was in the exact situation where I was the butt of the joke.

I was a shy kid in my freshman year of high school. I never talked to anyone, just kept to myself. So I guess I was the perfect target for a good old fashioned gotcha moment from some girls who probably saw me as easy pickings. One of them came over, got near my face and said I was cute. I was never the one for conversation back then, especially with girls, so I was didn't know what to do. Then she ask for my phone number. I should've known back then it was a truck, but like I said I was shy and awkward. I fumbled for my phone, but the girl was already back in the seat across from me and laughing with her friend. That...kinda crushed my soul a bit. It's been years since then and every time I think about going out and maybe pursuing a relationship, I think back to that one moment and soon perish the thought about a relationship. I know I shouldn't let stuff like that get to me, but it does. I'm improving though and making sure stuff like that don't get to me. But I'm still working on getting my nerves up about a relationship.

That's high school. Don't let that shit get you down. I remember walking home because I missed the bus, and 2 of the finest girls from my high school pulling over on the side of the road a little in front of me and asking if I need a ride, and me running over to get in, and them driving up a little, my dumb ass running up again trying to get in, and them doing the same, giggling amongst each other until they finally pulled away from me and drove off.

Zekes!

shingi70

Banned

I remember being in high school and I told a girl i liked her, and she said she'd rather fuck a pole than go out on. It had me dead for a few weeks. It took me a while after to think any girl would find me attractive and missed out on many a girl who liked me.

I still self loath, but i got better my last two years of high school about putting myself out there and talking to people.

It took me about six months for me to work up the courage to ask my girlfriend out on a date.

I'd say if there's a girl you like go for it. It might end up badly but you might end up meeting the love of your life or just a really good friend.

3:16 to 4:56 is pure gold and kinda scary tbh. Dude is quoting Wrestlers. LOL

https://youtu.be/mhx29L7Ut4k?t=196

That's funny but scary at the same time. It shows how easy it was for Gamergate to pop up or Elliot Rodgers to go shoot up his school.

When dude said who in the blue hell are you, my response was somone with a girlfriend, which is honestly apart of the problem especially if the person has poor social skills or dense to body language.

Me and the buddy i work with both met my girlfriend the same day, and it was Obvious that we both liked her. I mean if a cute girl with big boobs tells you like anime, of course your going to like her. So after I got with her everyone else at the job found out we were dating about a month. He doesn't have many friends so he didn't find until nearly 6-7 months later because I wasn't sure how to break it too him.

My cousin just told me it's fire, I don't know who to trust

I'll stick to playing Dying Light, since I just started that

tell him to lend it to you then. Its only $13 so if you're really curious go for it. However don't come back here complaining about how you wasted $13 after we warned you lol

Zekes!

tell him to lend it to you then. Its only $13 so if you're really curious go for it. However don't come back here complaining about how you wasted $13 after we warned you lol

nah I trust you guys

My cousin doesn't want to get Splatoon 2 with me, so what does he know

That's funny but scary at the same time. It shows how easy it was for Gamergate to pop up or Elliot Rodgers to go shoot up his school.

When dude said who in the blue hell are you, my response was somone with a girlfriend, which is honestly apart of the problem especially if the person has poor social skills or dense to body language.

Me and the buddy i work with both met my girlfriend the same day, and it was Obvious that we both liked her. I mean if a cute girl with big boobs tells you like anime, of course your going to like her. So after I got with her everyone else at the job found out we were dating about a month. He doesn't have many friends so he didn't find until nearly 6-7 months later because I wasn't sure how to break it too him.

Watching dude's videos I can easily see the problems he has. Dude is corny than a muthafucka, and doesn't realize how he comes across to people, but thinks since he's nice and just being himself it should be enough.

The worst part is he thinks by settling he'll end up having to date a woman that's not a virgin. LMAO It's crazy how demanding, picky, and choosy people can be when they're in no position to be.
https://youtu.be/mhx29L7Ut4k?t=715 11:55 to 12:50

Beefy

I own frogs, tarantulas, a gecko, a centipede and a scorpion. The frogs,2 pixie and 2 pacmans, and the tarantulas are my favorites. The frogs, especially the pixies, are incredible eaters who attack anything they think is food. The tarantulas all have different personalities, some like to dig, some like to cling and some are just pet rocks. The leopard gecko mostly sleeps but does explore her tank. The scorpion is pretty boring. The centipede is the one I have to be careful around as it has a nasty bite but it's fun to watch it attack and eat its insect prey.

Jandro likes watching things be killed 🤔

LionPride

Banned
kanye stans don't really have a better leg to stand on tbh

plus he likes sonic colors so you may need to check him
I stan his music and only his music

Nothing more. A mentally ill man says wild ass shit all the time? Not a surprise and not something that stops me from bumpin Late Registration

Why is Elle looking like the Jack-7 to her sisters Dakota Fanning Jack-1

Kanye the Tesla of rap

Timbo on a show about boy bands...when will someone stunt cast a show where they make a mix genders singing group. Call it "Search for Abba" or some shit

Slayven

Slayven, why does the head honcho of the Red Lanterns have a house cat as a sidekick?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYB2dWfFxno

Dexter was a house cat who's owner got mugged, he showed great rage and it attracted a Red Lantern ring that turned him into Dex-Star. He spit blood on the muggers and burned them alive.

Don't sleep on Lanterns
Bedovian, will wait for years for the perfect shot to snipe someone from half a galaxy away.

D i Z

Slay. Pick out a new hip yo. Something that you really want. I'm signing you up for a couple of Tough Mudder competitions. You can win big if we do this right.

D i Z

Mudding isn't popular in asia, what use is it?

We can get you into some fertility festivals if that's where you're at. But we're going to just drop you off and record from a distance to make our money back.

You'll still be famous... I guess....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom