• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your only objective with somebody in regards to having a relationship with them is to bang them.

That's an indictment on your character. To me. And I am sure a not insignificant reason some women just feel unsafe all the time.

I have friends I love with all my heart and I've never gone "now they owe me to want to be in a romantic relationship".

Yup.

Enzom21

In Mist
one black dude is a mad dictator sort of guy ( he a mall manager where loads of people are sheltered) who pushes people that do wrong (by him)
Into the mist. The only other black dude is a random guy that you see catch a football once....
You’re forgetting the solider
checked IMDb, only 4 episodes. I’m guessing that gunshot kills him.

You know, I like having a few ladies in my circle that aren't targets or sex objects. They have hipped me to a lot of things with their fresh perspective

Faustek

You know, I like having a few ladies in my circle that aren't targets or sex objects. They have hipped me to a lot of things with their fresh perspective

Why it's so important to actually have a mix of friends and have a healthy mix at work as well. People don't realise how single minded they can become.

--

Watching the standups on Netflix, so far Nikki Glaser is the unfunny one, to me. Is she funny somewhere else?
Fortune Feimster and Deon Cole are the strong ones so far.

lifespan_lead.jpg

"I am don't care about genus, species, or family. They mama called them woodchuck, so i am going to call them woodchuck"

Did you just find the real life Grandpa Freeman?

I agree so, so much.

Slay how do you deal with people who only watch comic movies and don't do research? That Spider-Man thread has got me ready to tear my hair out.

Post comic book pages that educate people, or ignore them.

That moment when your white coworker gets too excited to tell you about the history of the word boujee and its origin and then say that rappers twisted the word to mean something else; and then you have to say that black people always knew that boujee was from bourgeoisie..we have books and social clubs called The Black Bourgeoisie for God's sake.

That moment when your white coworker gets too excited to tell you about the history of the word boujee and its origin and then say that rappers twisted the word to mean something else; and then you have to say that black people always knew that boujee was from bourgeoisie..we have books and social clubs called The Black Bourgeoisie for God's sake.

Migos doing gods work and exposing ass.

Migos doing gods work and exposing ass.

Some people truly think they are the first to discover aspects and words related to black culture. People really looked at me confused when I said my grandmother has been calling me boujee since 1999, this is nothing new. Ya late.

Also I got a work email I have to attend to so I can't pop back on anytime soon for some competitive--sorry man. I was in the office both today and yesterday morning.

The only zombie movies/shows I ever liked are Return of the Walking Dead, Day of the Dead, and Zombi. And I can't even rewatch two of those because they fuck me up too much. I think zombies are a shitty monster.

Mines one movie and it's 20 weeks later

I've seen clips and that's enough to know I don't want to see that one. I like Return because it's both funny and inventive with zombies. I love the way the virus works and the gags they do with it in that movie. It's wonderfully nihilistic.

Zekes!

Been playing Shadow of Mordor...It's been fun but it's hella repetitive and I've only done a couple main missions. Been trying to get more skill points because I wanna just wreck everything in sight

Doesn't feel GOTY worthy at all tho

Why does it seem like you guys/gals age group is scared so much of competition?

When I was y'alls age and even younger honestly most of our time was taken up by someone saying, "I'm better than you and I can prove it" and another one of us saying, "do it then"

Where has that mentality gone?

When I was y'alls age and even younger honestly most of our time was taken up by someone saying, "I'm better than you and I can prove it" and another one of us saying, "do it then"

That response is great and all until someone comes along and proves it.

That response is great and all until someone comes along and proves it.

Sure, but when they did we just accepted it. If Tommy proved he was the best at Madden well then you handicapped his ass until you could beat him.

There wasn't any Shame in being beaten, you just went back in the lab and worked on it until you could, then you wore the crown for your tenure.

Nowhere. I'm that. Life's a competition for me.

Faustek

Zombie movies huh?
Shaun of the Dead
Night Of the LIving Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Dawn of The Dead(78/04)
Dead Alive
Planet Terror
And hopefully Train to Busan is good as well. Haven't had time to watch it but from what I gather people really like it.

Sure, but when they did we just accepted it. If Tommy proved he was the best at Madden well then you handicapped his ass until you could beat him.

There wasn't any Shame in being beaten, you just went back in the lab and worked on it until you could, then you wore the crown for your tenure.

It went away when it was important to make everyone feel like I winner I guess? When every kid got a same size trophy so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom