• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Slayven

I only had a Struggle64, too. Renting games at Blockbuster in-between Rare and Nintendo games was the definition of a crapshoot. Lotta Fighting Force 64, Glover, Fighter's Destiny, and yes, Superman 64. Every so often you get a jewel in the rough though, like Mystical Ninja/Goemon's Great Adventure, Mischief Makers, and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

adding 64 to the end of all the game titles made it seem generic. Like they were the gaming equivalent of those bags of cereal on the bottom of the shelves at the store.

Nintendo loves adding that game system title to their games. Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart DS...can't believe these niggas really calling it Super Smash Bros for Wii-U

for Wii-U

for

get it

/sakuraistahp

Slayven

I remember really wanting to play this for some reason.

250px-Quest64_big.jpg

Speaking of the N64, anyone ever had their parents taunt them about shit you wanted while you were punished? I remember being punished for a month, and then a week in the first N64 commercial aired. I saw Mario flying around and shit, and my mom saw my face and rubbed it in.

"Yeah, looks nice doesn't it? Too bad SOMEONE had to go and get themselves punished."

Gorillaz

Even tho struggle64 had barely any games thst shit was still great. Smash bros, super mario 64, diddy kong racing racing, mario kart and pokemon stadium kept it alive for me

Until I got a ps1 with crash bash, crash team racing and all 3 spyro games
/gamechanger

Yup, Playstation changed my worldview on shit twice. Ride or die Nintendo fanboy until I got a PS1 as a gift from my grandma that came bundled with Crash 3 (this was LATE in the PS1's life, too), finally figured out how godlike the series was. Then bought myself a PS2 semi-late in its life and was shocked at what I missed out on.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
N64 was the last Nintendo console I truly cared about. And that's because I had friends to play multiplayer with locally back then.,

Then I got a PS1 with Tony Hawk and was like fuck this old mess.

N64 was the last Nintendo console I truly cared about. And that's because I had friends to play multiplayer with locally back then.,

Then I got a PS1 with Tony Hawk and was like fuck this old mess.

I was that guy who thought the N64 and Gamecube versions of Tony Hawk were just as good as the PS1/2 versions, even with the shitty dpad on the GCube.

FyreWulff

Oh god the chopped up songs on N64 Tony Hawks. I admired the technical feat that game was, though.

I moved on to GameCube for THPS3 and 4 though. I dunno, I really liked the GameCube controller for Tony Hawk, I did everything with the stick. For some reason, the X and Y buttons on the GC pad felt 'correct' for their actions (X being grab, Y being grind). 4 still had the entire soundtrack on GC, so it wasn't missing anything for once. Played THUG on my Xbox.

I considered picking up THPS3 N64 as a collectors item, but never got around to it
AND DON'T FORGET THE JOKER

Yado

In retrospect I had a lot of fun with the N64, my friends and relatives had the console as well so we would swap games.

Ocarina Of Time
Cruis'n USA
Mario Kart
Conker
Star Fox
Perfect Dark
Jetforce Gemini (I don't think I ever finished this)

Good Times

I think it's just simply called "Super Smash Bros"
Super_Smash_Bros_3DS_Wii_U_logos.png

They don't give a shit.

Kreed

I only had a Struggle64, too. Renting games at Blockbuster in-between Rare and Nintendo games was the definition of a crapshoot. Lotta Fighting Force 64, Glover, Fighter's Destiny, and yes, Superman 64. Every so often you get a jewel in the rough though, like Mystical Ninja/Goemon's Great Adventure, Mischief Makers, and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

I remember that game! It was fun, but no way a game like that could have survived on a platform that wasn't starving for games.

I don't remember Fighter's Destiny being bad though...or maybe I'm thinking of the second one?

Most people did. N64 had shit for RPGs and it was like 'finally we got one!'

turned out it was total ass.

It's too bad there wasn't a "GAF" around back when the N64 was supposed to get Final Fantasy 7 and then it was announced for the Playstation.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
love my 64.
why there wasn't a mischief makers sequel I'll never know.

No Mercy was awesome. I played resident evil 2 on N64 too.

I got a PS1 late and gained access to my local rental place's huge library. I OD'd on good games. I didn't have to starve on a Nintendo console, how come no one told me?!

Deprive

Waverace, Zelda:OoT, Mario64, Turok, Mario Kart64. N64 was trash if you did not have enough friends though.

WCW/nWo Revenge was my shit. Probably the only wrestling game I will ever have put serious time in to.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There was nothing, absolutely nothing, as astounding in video games history for me as walking in a BestBuy and seeing Mario in 3d on that big ass configuration of TVs that you could see all throughout the store.

BlackJace

I acknowledge the Galaxies were better in terms of the overall formula, but I mean, at least to me, there was nothing like M64 went it dropped.

Deprive

There was nothing, absolutely nothing, as astounding in video games history for me as walking in a BestBuy and seeing Mario in 3d on that big ass configuration of TVs that you could see all throughout the store.

No doubt. Traded my SNES and games when I saw that shit. In hindsight that was a big mistake :|

harSon

Banned
One of the highlights of my freshman year of college was drinking a concoction of $5 vodka mixed with kool-aid, playing 4 player golden eye in my dorm room.

#goodtimes

No amount of struggle is worth $5 Vodka. I also don't fuck with Vodka that comes in a plastic bottle.

Also, Bomberman 64 was my shit. My 64 gaming consisted of WWF No Mercy/Wrestlemania 2000, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and Bomberman 64. I fucked with Snowboard Kids too

Top Bottom