• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

HomShaBom

Banned
randombanner.png

Props to Honorable Brother Fyrewulff and Honorable Sister Devolution for space and logo

Father DY has went out to the store, he should be back any moment.

Welcome to the BCT. Where everything from Little Caesars to 'what's hot on the streets' is up for debate. First off, we'd just want to thank everyone that has made a contribution to this thread, community, or across the forums in one of the many race-related threads in the past or plans to do so in the future. Its not easy and I know it gets old, but its appreciated and necessary. Next, this isn't a "Blacks Only" spot by any means. Any and all are free to hop in. Consider it open mic. All are welcome to keep it real.

The icebreaker from Honorable Big Brother Himuro is still a great way for new members, lurkers, and juniors to take the first step to contributing to the discussion(s) as a whole.
Where you're from-
Where you live-
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy-
Do you know your roots-
Your Age-
Favorite musical genre-
Your profession/major/career interest-
Your religious affiliation-
Hobbies-

Let us begin with Naturals Law, ratified by the Black Council in 2011
Natural's Law - is a humorous observation made by GAF poster MWS Natural in 2011 which is becoming an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving black people approaches 1. In other words, Natural put forth the hyperbolic observation that, given enough time, in any online discussion regarding any form of conflict someone inevitably criticizes some point made in the discussion by comparing it to discrimination faced by blacks.

-------------------------------------------------------
The IRC chatroom is up and running @ studio64.yi.org > #keepinitreal
A weblink: http://en.irc2go.com/webchat/?net=DorksNet&room=keepinitreal&nick=
-------------------------------------------------------

Honorable Brother MorisUkunRasik has started up BCT's Official

Podcast "So Well Spoken" (Updated regularly)
F6V4vUJ.jpg

Logo by Honorable Sister Devolution
Who?
-A semi-regular group of 4 members of The Black Culture Thread with rotating regulars in the 5th and 6th seat.

What?
-A podcast to discuss culture, entertainment and current events.

When?
-We're still feeling things out but it's looking like a weekly thing for the time being, we may switch to bi-weekly down the road.

Where?
-RSS Feed - http://sowellspoken.libsyn.com/rss
-Website - http://sowellspoken.libsyn.com/webpage
-A mirror for direct downloads will be available for each episode below.

We also have top secret operations being conducted around the world.

Results of OT3:
dvrSCJh.png

rSpO2Nq.jpg

This contribution is from Brother Harson

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I have a full and varied schedule that demands my attention...dudes playing the dozens for a page and a half does not qualify

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That new thread feel; full of opportunity and possibilities.

So about that struggle-definition tv, Slay...

Bish finally let this thing go somewhere other than the back of the bus I see.

lol

This reminds me. One time when I was 6th or 7th one of my dumb friend's asked "why didn't Rosa Parks want to sit with all the cool kids in the back of the bus?" I just remember me and my best friend looking at him like WTF dude... After class my best friend said "You know what? I just realized we are the only two dudes not stupid as fuck on our block."

abuC

look negr0id4l you still owe me an explanation for my weight gain

is it ok for all this food im eating to make me chubby even though im doing weights

Muscle weighs more than fat, get a body fat caliper and track body fat. I've gained weight in the last month but lost an inch off my waist.

Imm0rt4l

look negr0id4l you still owe me an explanation for my weight gain

is it ok for all this food im eating to make me chubby even though im doing weights
Oh sorry I must've missed your post. What's your weight and height?

Unfortunately working out doesn't give us a pass to eat with impunity, but it sure as hell makes a difference for strength gains. Plus side is your metabolism should increase a bit so that you may eat more but it still comes down to calories in n calories out.

Do you even lift, brah?

I do yoga.

Gorillaz

new thread!

Yall crabs in the basket ain't shit doe

Bct I fycked up tonite ill give the full run down in the morning when I'm sober

Gattsu25

Banned
Howdy Y'all
- Where you're from - Queens, NY
- Where you live - West of Philly, PA
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - African-Trinidadian on my mom's side, Irish/German on my dad's
- Do you know your roots? - See above. Mom is 1st generation immigrant, Dad is 2nd. Family ties go back at least 3 generations in each country
- Your Age - 30 :\
- Favorite musical genre - Hip Hop, Classic Rock, Reggae, Electronic
- Your profession/major/career interest - Supervisor
- Your religious affiliation - Christian (Baptist, but not southern baptist)
- Hobbies - reading, video games, guitar, drawing, writing short-form fiction

Good morning FAM.

The advantages of doing security at your own community. Saving money on gas. When schedule changes go down a patrol car comes to your house. Lol. Don't got to go in till 1400. Aw yeah I can sleep in.....

*Goes and plays Xcom*

BHZ Mayor

Everybody think it's over except Nintendo.
Well that's what happens when you don't start dropping your
not so
heavy hitters until a over year after launch. It's early PS3 all over again. Maybe even worse seeing as they're saving bonafide system sellers (Kart and Smash) until nearly two years after, and after what will most likely be a drought between this holiday season and then.

I hope people don't take this the wrong way, but fuck Mexico

My mom told me this story about when her and my dad started dating. He thought it a good idea to drive her into Mexico to hang out.

Street vendors pushing goat brain tacos, little kids begging for money, shanty towns of wild west type shit. She said she started hysterically crying, while my dad was like, why in the world are you upset? Here have some cow tongue.

Couldn't pay me to go to Mexico. Even the touristy places can't guarantee your safety.

BHZ Mayor

Define "over".

Over as in discontinued Wii U? Of course not. That's just stupid.

Over as in selling less than the Wii? Well no shit.

Yeah, "over" as in no chance of coming close to last gen's performance. I don't think anyone in this thread expects it to be Virtual Boy'd.

Top Bottom