• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

i just have a solid goatee. everything else is just scraggly hairs on my chin and cheeks and i havent shaved in 5 weeks lol. makes me angry because my dad has a solid beard.

exarkun

my bar lecturer just said "in uncontested challenges of paternity, its like tag-team wrestling; you tag out and he tags in."

I immediately wondered if Dy is part of wrassle-gaf.

All I can manage is a goatee(avatar quote), which always makes me look older. Could never get the full chinstrap though like my brother, just patchy patheticness.

3 days and I'm turning shaggy. 6 days I'm looki rough. 8 days.... never went 8 days. God knows I wish I could grow a goatee for my job but unfortunately I can't. But its a blessing because I'm getting called Fred Hammond all damn day. Its annoying as hell. Or Heavy D.

harSon

Banned
3 days and I'm turning shaggy. 6 days I'm looki rough. 8 days.... never went 8 days. God knows I wish I could grow a goatee for my job but unfortunately I can't. But its a blessing because I'm getting called Fred Hammond all damn day. Its annoying as hell. Or Heavy D.

I have my current facial hair by default. I get razor bumps if I shave, and if I let my beard grow for too long (typically 5-6 days) then my skin gets pretty irritated.

Kaizer

Banned
Most I've ever grown is a goatee, I know I could grow a full beard if I wanted because my hair grows fast as hell. I was bald only this past monday and I'm already back to a dark ceasar.

So, I was in my car driving me and some friends around. I'm the only black guy and they're white and I basically just let my friend pick the music. And they usually listen to rock/top 40s/indie stuff. She picks a pandora station and it starts playing "Don't Like" (off Cruel Summer) and it gets really awkward and a bit uncomfortable...for me. I personally love the song but when I hear all the times "nigga" is said, I can't help but wonder what they think about it and as a result it's ME who starts feeling uncomfortable. Does this happen to anyone else? I'm probably just overreacting

It's also a reason why whenever I'm driving around with friends who don't listen to rap I let them pick the music

Slayven

So, I was in my car driving me and some friends around. I'm the only black guy and they're white and I basically just let my friend pick the music. And they usually listen to rock/top 40s/indie stuff. She picks a pandora station and it starts playing "Don't Like" (off Cruel Summer) and it gets really awkward and a bit uncomfortable...for me. I personally love the song but when I hear all the times "nigga" is said, I can't help but wonder what they think about it and as a result it's ME who starts feeling uncomfortable. Does this happen to anyone else? I'm probably just overreacting

It's also a reason why whenever I'm driving around with friends who don't listen to rap I let them pick the music

007787_53.jpg

DominoKid

^ damn Blake did us dirty lmao.

Unless it's my mom, my grandma or a little kid, I give zero fucks about musical content and who's in my presence as I play it.

I also expect any white passengers to skip "nigga" if they're rapping along w/ it.

DominoKid

i'm blown off black people defending Paula Deen. i watched her show as much as anybody but miss me w/ aaaaaaaaaaall of that.

sometimes i wish the Drop Squad was real for goofy lost motherfuckers like this.

Fam,

I started pondering a BCT shirt.

Basically a "Dy's gotta Baby" design

with him walking up to the dumpster with a baby-in-blankets, except that it has a BCT-GAF logo for a face.

Help flesh an idea out, BCT fam.

Coal Black And De Sebben Dwarfs

Y'all seen this before? I saw a page of what I assume is concept art for it, and honestly didn't think it was anything too bad or something that I should be offended over. My reasoning was that other stuff like this is caricatured the same way and to the same extent.

But I opened the video and that didn't last long.

I get so sick of being angry about stuff all the time.

FyreWulff

So I've been trying to corral some kittens. And the other night there were foxes outside we shooed away. We had flashlights and shit so of course cops got called. One said Timedog matched some description of a perp who's been seen on other streets. I told them he'd only been on mine, which is true. My mom was in the backyard at some point yelling to the cops "they live here, they're not doing anything wrong." Despite that bit of bullshit the cops were pleasant, asked for our names, then fucked off when they realized we really weren't doing shit other than looking for cats. I'm glad they came though since I knew we looked sketchy as fuck out there behind houses with flashlights. Did their job, realized we weren't being evil, and fucked right off. That's how cops should roll.

Damn.

Also to add with another cat story, there's a cat that looks like it took an injury at some point hanging around my mom's house. I really want to help it out but that thing is uncatchable. I might need to go get a trap so I can take it to get checked out. Cats are always so hard to help when they need it because they hide like motherfuckers and then are impossible to catch when they're in the open.

u0TMd4f.jpg

It's face is all messed up.

FyreWulff

pic is a bit old, don't worry, lawn been mowed

really annoying when you mow and only two days later, field of dandelions. it's like WTF WHERE DID YOU COME FROM. I JUST KILLED ALL OF YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom