• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gattsu25

Banned
Anyone interested in a copy of Dota 2 on steam?

JokerOfSpades, did you see the response?
Whats with the niggers in the video (there is a difference between blacks and niggers)
what's with all the crackers in the comment section?(there's no difference between racist pricks and crackers)most of the time i'm ashamed to be white,this is why...

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Can we blame Chris Rock for this? I think that the sentiment existed way before his comic bit, but he unwittingly gave the concept some heft ("Hey, Chris Rock said it! And he's black!").

Racist are going to be racist and the sentiment behind it that is basically "oh you speak so well" has existed before rock was even born.

if he didn't do that bit in a comedy special, do you think the youtube comments would be any better?

Nope it will still be the same, "you one of the good ones" been around for decades. You all remember the Justice League episode when they went back to the silver age and jay garrick told Stewart he was a credit to his people?

when'd you change your name?

image.php

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Headache!

I love dealing with community....most of the time. But you always get that one person who believe they are the smartest person on the planet, and feels they know how stuff should work. They inevitably become the dreaded PITA and attempt to goad you into argument every...single...time!

Dunno why this kid has nothing better to do than argue with me on a Sunday evening, but i'm doing my best not to lose my cool. I really just want to tell him to piss off!

Kreed

Can we blame Chris Rock for this? I think that the sentiment existed way before his comic bit, but he unwittingly gave the concept some heft ("Hey, Chris Rock said it! And he's black!").

Racist like this would just find something else to defend their racism. The Chris Rock comedy bit is just convenient because you can easily share a youtube link when someone calls you out. Not that it matters because the people who make comments like this one are clearly missing the point of Chris Rock's bit anyway.

Plus there was nothing wrong with the bit and it was a good message, outside of the misplaced Bone Thugz diss.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
These new GAF ads are getting awfully racy.

Usually I just get stuff for zappos. I blame this on animeGAF and my curiosity about the new Ghost in the Shell series.

Air

Banned
How many of you guys have realized you're the token black friend? I only have a handful of black friends and I know so many Spanish and white people. Koreans are moving up too. I had thought about that a couple of weeks ago and I've realized I've become a Carlton.

Onemic

How many of you guys have realized you're the token black friend? I only have a handful of black friends and I know so many Spanish and white people. Koreans are moving up too. I had thought about that a couple of weeks ago and I've realized I've become a Carlton.

In most cases I am the tolken black friend. Comes with the territory I guess, especially because I don't live downtown.

Air

Banned
It's crazy. It just happens now. Like its the default option. I walk into the room, all the white, Spanish and Asian people gravitate toward me.

Air

Banned
Whats it like being hte only black guy in a room full of koreans.

I remember when I gave school tours and I had a group of Korean students. Very nice, but at the end of trip they offered me breakfast and asked if I could rap for the pm and throw up gang signs. It was so innocuous, I had to laugh. As if I shattered that image if what they assumed all black people were like.

I have plenty of other stories like that though.

Slayven

I remember when I gave school tours and I had a group of Korean students. Very nice, but at the end of trip they offered me breakfast and asked if I could rap for the pm and throw up gang signs. It was so innocuous, I had to laugh. As if I shattered that image if what they assumed all black people were like.

I have plenty of other stories like that though.

No big dikku?

Air

Banned
No big dikku?

They were like 15 and really sheltered. I ended up taking a couple of pictures with them though. It was pretty funny though.

As an aside since the subject is Koreans, the African American history class in my school, was apparently only Korean girls and my one Jewish friend. I didn't take that class unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom