• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Slay better lay off that WiiU hate. Next thing he knows, Satch is crying on JC's shoulder, and JC is talkin about, "baby he don't understand U like I understand U."
If she wants to bask in Lness, that is her choice. There is always Devo.
Pls, I could never out-simp Slay in my wildest dreams. If all fails, he'll go out and buy all the Wii-Us to cheer her up

Never, bringing home one of Dy's children I could deal with. But Wii Us in my house? I would never suffer such insanity.

harSon

Banned
I'm off to the hospital ya'll. First thing I'm doing when I get out is putting my two PS4's on Ebay, cause dumb motherfuckers are dropping $600+ for preorders alone. I'm taking the safe bet, especially since EA said that Sony/Microsoft are expecting 10 million between the two by March.

J10

Banned
tumblr_mtb58hjZyZ1r8a63to1_500.jpg

I've been laughing at this for about five minutes straight. They're gonna put me in a straight jacket.

I'm off to the hospital ya'll. First thing I'm doing when I get out is putting my two PS4's on Ebay, cause dumb motherfuckers are dropping $600+ for preorders alone. I'm taking the safe bet, especially since EA said that Sony/Microsoft are expecting 10 million between the two by March.

Good luck man.

Gonna look into that eBay stuff too.

Dem 49.99 games do! 3 kids aint cheap.

It's all love I'm still team Slaytch!!!!

@eternaLightness; I'm actually considering making a steambox/HTPC hybrid. I need that Witcher 3 on the 55' LG.

I built a pretty decent pc this year, that's why I'm not getting a next-gen console. Bayonetta 2 might even get me on the WiiU train.

Slayven

Dem 49.99 games do! 3 kids aint cheap.

It's all love I'm still team Slaytch!!!!

@eternaLightness; I'm actually considering making a steambox/HTPC hybrid. I need that Witcher 3 on the 55' LG.

Ain't nobody told you to be a responsible father. Dy has 7 kids we know of, and he is always fresh to death. Just the other day he brought some Tom Ford glasses so hot they had to arrested him at the register instead of waiting until he left the store.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
M77zqBK.png

bullshit

welp, they weren't lying about totally being a gaming machine
"Play background music on PS4?" Yes only with Music Unlimited streaming service subscription.

They honestly expect people to pay for some garbage media subscription service on top of PS+ just to listen to background music from the console? Get the fuck out of here, I'll just mute the TV and listen to a CD. I don't really care all that much but toting "play background music" as a feature is idiotic given the reality.

cdyhybrid

"Play background music on PS4?" Yes only with Music Unlimited streaming service subscription.

They honestly expect people to pay for some garbage media subscription service on top of PS+ just to listen to background music from the console? Get the fuck out of here, I'll just mute the TV and listen to a CD. I don't really care all that much but toting "play background music" as a feature is idiotic given the reality.

Hah yep, I'll just play something on my PC (much better speakers than my TV) or listen on my phone or something.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Guys I just heard Nintendo will announce the background music feature for the Wii U. All you need to do is subscribe to Spotify and play it from your computer speakers. What a sweet feature Nintendo has included.

Seems like they just want to get the console out and games playing and worry about the other stuff later.

Yup. Considering the rumors about OS crashes due to App conflicts that One is having, it seems like a good tactic.

Of course that doesn't matter if the network issues that were reported for the BF4 MP media event aren't fixed.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Don't get me wrong, I don't see it as a big deal that should impact sales at all. But it is ridiculous and I'm an equal opportunity shit talker when it comes to consoles. "Any sign of weakness can be ammo in a console war."

Any excuse to get people riled up.

Gorillaz

Yea, OS on both consoles are coming in hot, just hoping features will be patched in down the line. Some of the answers sounded definitive

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The lack of MP3 and DNLA support is pretty shitty, but reading some of these posts people are making asking "what's the point of owning a PS4? It can't do anything besides play games!" is... what?!

I'm gonna bet that we'll see both of those supported down the line. Sony's been pretty good about listening to feedback.

cdyhybrid

Mandatory game installs and no external HDs makes me a little hesitant. Not enough to switch my console choice, but it probably means I'll delay my purchase for quite a bit - which probably ends up being better for me anyway.

reilo

And Infinity Ward just confirmed 720p for Xbone and 1080p for PS4. Great day!

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
CEO Kaz Hirai ‏@KazHiraiCEO
We are changing the name of our “Sony Music Unlimited” service just for PS4. It will be called “Sony the Music you are Limited to”

lawl

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I don't use custom soundtracks on my xbox, but...lacking mp3 and dnla support in 2013, just so you can sell a service? Get thine entire fuck out of here.

Slayven

To me this just proves to me that Sony was only concerned about ti being a beast out the box.

I don't use custom soundtracks on my xbox, but...lacking mp3 and dnla support in 2013, just so you can sell a service? Get thine entire fuck out of here.

Yeah it is almost like they are a business.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The lack of MP3 and DNLA support is pretty shitty, but reading some of these posts people are making asking "what's the point of owning a PS4? It can't do anything besides play games!" is... what?!
Word. A few weeks ago it was all about games, games, games; Sony needs more AAA, too many indie, Knack is dumb etc. etc.

Now you can't play background music and suddenly people were only buying a PS4 to replace their iPod and no one is talking about games.

cdyhybrid

To me this just proves to me that Sony was only concerned about ti being a beast out the box.

Yeah it is almost like they are a business.

I mean, if they knew they were going to have to cut things to make their launch date, hardware specs/capabilities is the LAST thing I'd want them to cut, so it could have been worse IMO. Shitty for people who were expecting certain features out of the box, but those are the dangers of console launches.

reilo

Wario64 says that Xbone won't have MP3 or DNLA support either.

Mandatory game installs and no external HDs makes me a little hesitant. Not enough to switch my console choice, but it probably means I'll delay my purchase for quite a bit - which probably ends up being better for me anyway.

Well it's a cached install. So it won't take up the space permanently but it needs the space there.

Slayven

I mean, if they knew they were going to have to cut things to make their launch date, hardware specs/capabilities is the LAST thing I'd want them to cut, so it could have been worse IMO. Shitty for people who were expecting certain features out of the box, but those are the dangers of console launches.

Exactly all that shit the moaning about could be added in the down the line.

Wario64 says that Xbone won't have MP3 or DNLA support either.

I would try to get into Bish's bunker but he would shoot me with little remorse.

reilo

Well it's a cached install. So it won't take up the space permanently but it needs the space there.

And it's not full cache install before you can start playing, right? They set it up so it will cache ahead as you progress in the game, which is nice.

reilo

I would try to get into Bish's bunker but he would shoot me with little remorse.

And after all of the bad Xbone news the past 6 months, nobody even batted an eye at that, but it's a big deal on the PS4 side. Telling, isn't it?

Word. A few weeks ago it was all about games, games, games; Sony needs more AAA, too many indie, Knack is dumb etc. etc.

Now you can't play background music and suddenly people were only buying a PS4 to replace their iPod and no one is talking about games.

Lack of DLNA, MP3, and SACD support means my 60GB PS3 will never get sold or turned into Gamestop. It might go down as one of the console GOATs simply for it's versatility.

cdyhybrid

I figured, and that makes me feel a little better, but I still worry that at some point I'll have enough games that I'll run out of room, even though I'm not sure how often I'll be making non-disc (and thus non-cache install) purchases.

reilo

Ergh, these fucking companies. And people really want one to dominate, lol.

I put pretty much the entire SSX 3 OST in SSX 2012 =( RIP Custom Soundtracks

I hope/think we will see both supported by the time Gran Turismo 6 comes out for PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom