• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Malyse

It doesn't even make sense?

b6d.png

Google is amazing.

-----

https://twitter.com/natemcdermott/status/899814657451544576

Yoo, I'm fucking shook.

The internet's been cut off at the house and won't be back on until Friday. It's a pain for me considering I need it to do my work. I'm posting on here because I ran near one of my old schools and using their wifi so I can send some materials for this job someone offered me this morning. I still got to do a lot of work so I had to scramble for change around the house for food since we have none in the house I can take with me. I'm going to need to watch video tutorials and test my sound. Not sure how I'm going to do that without disturbing other people and I don't have headphones.

It doesn't even make sense?

I don't be understanding a lot of this internet stuff either. Like potato cam. How is it like a potato?

LotusHD

Banned
I disliked Coleen the further I got into Iron Fist so I can see that. I did a total 180 on her

My 180 was from Iron Fist to Defenders. Also ain't help that I saw her in GoT recently as her terrible Sand Snake character lol

Colleen was the worst part of Defenders. Yeah, I said it.

Barring the other side characters that did literally nothing, that's still Danny. That said, she bottom 3 I suppose.

Haven't watched Ironfist, but Colleen Wing is really cute, and I can tell she is better then he deserves

This prolly why it took me so long to have my 180 :(

Malyse

My 180 was from Iron Fist to Defenders. Also ain't help that I saw her in GoT recently as her terrible Sand Snake character lol

Barring the other side characters that did literally nothing, that's still Danny. That said, she bottom 3 I suppose.

This prolly why it took me so long to have my 180 :(
they took Danny out of the story for almost half the plot! Colleen stayed around and continued being insufferable.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You know, if you think about it, Colleen was kind of the most effective character on the whole team. Last episode spoilers:
End of the day, she was the one who just went "you know what fuck it let's blow the whole thing up", and also killed Bokuto.

That's more than anybody else accomplished really.

LotusHD

Banned
You know, if you think about it, Colleen was kind of the most effective character on the whole team. Last episode spoilers:
End of the day, she was the one who just went "you know what fuck it let's blow the whole thing up", and also killed Bokuto.

That's more than anybody else accomplished really.

That's why I keep saying she ain't the worst, because she actually got shit done. Also she got anger issues lol

zeemumu

Wtf is this milkshake duck crap?

Best example would be Christopher Columbus. Made famous for landing here and whatnot and got a holiday and all that shit and now we're starting to realize that he was actually an asshole.

I'm on the last episode of Defenders. Man, I was starting to think
Misty would NEVER get her arm cut off.

I agree that Colleen started to get on my nerves.

For a dude raised by monks, Danny has no chill.

Shy

Afternoon fam
Mornin' all.
Afternoon, peoples!
Evening chums.
More slang slowly losing it's meaning.
Yeah. I've been starting to notice that recently as well.
Danny is the only character that was legitimately miscast from the comics. He's a goofy character and super laid back. Like, of the four characters in Defenders, you're supposed to wanna hang with Danny.

Code:
[img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f8/d1/db/f8d1db75d06f50317c3d70fd2e55cbee--danny-rand-power-man.jpg[/img]

Everyone else is either pitch perfect on point or changed for the better. In a related note, it's fucking hilarious that Quake now has a team book. And her hair is much longer now.
How did i miss this post earlier in the morning.

See this is the Danny i wanted.

I understand why you couldn't do that immediately in his own series. But there was no reason you couldn't have him lighten up in the Defenders.
Broke my phone screen

Costs $252

I don't have that typa money

Fuck me
That's awful.

Sorry that happened to you. Hope you can get it sorted.
The internet's been cut off at the house and won't be back on until Friday. It's a pain for me considering I need it to do my work. I'm posting on here because I ran near one of my old schools and using their wifi so I can send some materials for this job someone offered me this morning. I still got to do a lot of work so I had to scramble for change around the house for food since we have none in the house I can take with me. I'm going to need to watch video tutorials and test my sound. Not sure how I'm going to do that without disturbing other people and I don't have headphones.
No internet is sucky.

Break a leg with new job.
Bill Cosby, Cee Lo, most of the games industry,
FTFY.
This nigga stupid lmao
LOL. Why, what did he do ?

No internet is sucky.

Break a leg with new job.

It's out of town. Not sure if I'll be able to get it. The boss suggested I ask my cousin who lives there, but when I told my mom about it she said to not to even call her because the way she is. I'm really tired of living where I am though and she said she'll pay me more than the retail store I'm supposed to start on Friday. Told me to forget about it and wanted to do something for a conferences Minister Farrakhan is having.

Shy

It's out of town. Not sure if I'll be able to get it. The boss suggested I ask my cousin who lives there, but when I told my mom about it she said to not to even call her because the way she is. I'm really tired of living where I am though and she said she'll pay me more than the retail store I'm supposed to start on Friday. Told me to forget about it and wanted to do something for a conferences Minister Farrakhan is having.
Ahh. Right right.
LOL.

zeemumu

I wasn't a fan of Rob Schneider, but his past comments about John Lewis and civil rights.

I don't think that counts. Yeah his movies are usually terrible but there's nothing that I've heard of his personal life to tell me that he was ever a good guy so I can't really contrast it with him saying bad things.

Adam Sandler makes some bad movies too but I've heard he's a great guy so that'd be more surprising.

I don't think that counts. Yeah his movies are usually terrible but there's nothing that I've heard of his personal life to tell me that he was ever a good guy so I can't really contrast it with him saying bad things.

The majority of his roles are racial caricatures.

D i Z

Oh wow, the first? I dunno how I ever got it in my head that it's happened before, but at the same time, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

You know.... I can't say that for sure. Definitely the first for this year. There have been other white athletes in other sports that have been taking a knee, like Megan Rapinoe. But doing a quick check, it looks like this is a first for the NFL.

Well, I pretty much want to die, and no I'm not calling anybody, I'm just going to sit and take it like usual.

I can't even make friends without being rejected for friendship. People hate me. I'm too weird and odd. Too punk. Too sexual. Too morbid. I love being those things, but most people hate them.

Fuck life. Fuck normative society. Fuck everyone. I don't know why I'm posting this here. Probably just because it's impersonal.

DMVfan123

Banned
Gotg2 was great

Cosigned, don't know why it got criticized for being "more GOTG" when that's all anybody wanted from the movie

Well, I pretty much want to die, and no I'm not calling anybody, I'm just going to sit and take it like usual.

I can't even make friends without being rejected for friendship. People hate me. I'm too weird and odd. Too punk. Too sexual. Too morbid. I love being those things, but most people hate them.

Fuck life. Fuck normative society. Fuck everyone. I don't know why I'm posting this here. Probably just because it's impersonal.

Don't know any other words of comfort for your situation except "it gets better."

Top Bottom