• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

LotusHD

Banned
My biggest hope is we dodge the Iron Man 3 problem AKA why in thee fuck would you not call Steve Rogers to help protect government officials? With the way they slide in and out of each other's lives, I would hope that you would call the big bulletproof brother to help knock heads when needed.

Considering how much Luke was in Jess S1, I would imagine that the actors are much more amenable to crossing over. I would love them to actually cross pollinate with the larger MCU.

Yea this is TV, so it definitely feels like they have less of an excuse to be not crossover more often.

Luke and Jess are exactly who I want them to be.

I don't know shit about comics, but Jess is who I want her to be. As for Luke, honestly, if everyone didn't keep complaining about his acting, I would have never had any real issue with it. Although there is of course those that prefer Luke to be the type of dude that chases down Dr. Doom for his money, I get that; that would've been great to see.

I dunno shit about Daredevil, but just like Jessica, I can't picture anyone else in the role now.

And then there's Danny. Yup, Danny...

D i Z

Luke and Jess are exactly who I want them to be.

That ain't my Luke. But you are all about that coupling for that kid, so I understand.

The only character "TV" Marvel has gotten right and not had to re-write to tone police them is Ghost Rider.

Edit: just read up a bit. My TV in quotes was because we're talking Netflix/ real TV. Wasn't a commentary on anyone's comments.

Malyse

Yea this is TV, so it definitely feels like they have less of an excuse to be not crossover more often.

I don't know shit about comics, but Jess is who I want her to be. As for Luke, honestly, if everyone didn't keep complaining about his acting, I would have never had any real issue with it. Although there is of course those that prefer Luke to be the type of dude that chases down Dr. Doom for his money, I get that; that would've been great to see.

I dunno shit about Daredevil, but just like Jessica, I can't picture anyone else in the role now.

And then there's Danny. Yup, Danny...
Luke ain't been that dude in literal years. That Luke was a damn trope; Bendis Luke in New Avengers is what you should use to judge the character.

Danny is the only character that was legitimately miscast from the comics. He's a goofy character and super laid back. Like, of the four characters in Defenders, you're supposed to wanna hang with Danny.

Code:
[img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f8/d1/db/f8d1db75d06f50317c3d70fd2e55cbee--danny-rand-power-man.jpg[/img]

Everyone else is either pitch perfect on point or changed for the better. In a related note, it's fucking hilarious that Quake now has a team book. And her hair is much longer now.

LotusHD

Banned
I will say Cox and Ritter are are as perfect fro their roles as they could be. Ritter especially.

Last thing I remember seeing her in was Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23, and she was the B, so my first thought was "Yup, this will work out just fine" lol

D i Z

What books do you recommend?

For Power Man and iron Fist? Heroes for Hire? Daughter of the Dragon? The Avengers? Danny taking over for Daredevil on the downlow right under the Avengers noses... The couples and their kids... There is so many, you'd have to say what you would like to see. These Defenders are literally everywhere.

Personally, I would go to when Heroes for hire had Luke stitched up for Danny's death. Start from there.

For Power Man and iron Fist? Heroes for Hire? Daughter of the Dragon? The Avengers? Danny taking over for Daredevil on the downlow right under the Avengers noses... The couples and their kids... There is so many, you'd have to say what you would like to see. These Defenders are literally everywhere.

Personally, I would go to when Heroes for hire had Luke stitched up for Danny's death. Start from there.

What about Jessica and Daredevil?

cdyhybrid

Bella Thorne's snap tends to be crazy as fuck

Dramatic reenactment of LionPride browsing SnapChat

jxqT0t5.gif

LionPride

Banned
Dramatic reenactment of LionPride browsing SnapChat

jxqT0t5.gif
I purposefully do not check that shit in public

Otherwise I'm straight

Typically

There are the nights I'm browsing and my crossfaded friend puts an orgy occuring in the back of a car on the snap and takes it down when she wakes up

TheSun

Planet X? Sounds like a B-movie.

---

Just found out Wasteland 3 is in development (or I just forgot), can't wait. The concept footage looks cool.

I never realized how long it takes to get Tonberry King. Before I decide to save and call it a night I'll have to check to see if the count gets reset if I leave or reset the game.

Kreed

There are certain weeks in history when you just don’t want to test black folks’ patience. These weeks include but are not limited to:

Jan. 23-30, 1977: The week that Roots originally aired.

April 29-May 4, 1992: The week four officers were acquitted of beating Rodney King.

Aug. 12-19, 2017: The week white nationalists attacked the city of Charlottesville, Va., and President Donald Trump gives them a virtual high-five for it.

So it stands to reason that when a pair of white high school girls from New Jersey—who just happened to be touring Washington, D.C., and just happened to be wearing “Make America Great Again” hats and Trump shirts—just happened to walk onto Howard University’s very black campus, something was about to happen.

So, 2 White Women in ‘Make America Great Again’ Hats Walk Onto an HBCU Campus ...

Aiustis

Afternoon fam

New Uni year means my city is now crazy full of white teens everywhere

Tell me about it. Worst part was they were having a party, listening to what I'm sure was just a top hits playlist, but they kept skipping all the non basic music. Like how are you singing along to Katy Perry and skipping MCR?

Beefy

Tell me about it. Worst part was they were having a party, listening to what I'm sure was just a top hits playlist, but they kept skipping all the non basic music. Like how are you singing along to Katy Perry and skipping MCR?

I am legit the only black dude in my complex. It's going to be another year of " always wanted to be with a black man" shit. I get it way too much.

Like the article said they knew what they were doing and the article is correct, Saturday (and Sunday) is the worst day to eat at the caf. Fried Chicken Wednesdays is where it's at.

Whatever happened to that 'conspiracy theories go here and no where else' thread?

It legit is getting rediculous.

This reminds me this old black man that I had been working with for the black business group I've been going to always talks about when you see planes in the sky and the white streaks they leave behind they're spraying aluminum that's designed to get us sick and on prescription drugs. Is that true?

AJLma

That Columbus thread is making my blood boil.

A lot of these so-called liberals and moderates are really conservatives who are too scared to pick up a Tiki torch themselves. So they sit on the sidelines talking about "chill! have patience! Let's deliberate rationally!" While their fathers uncles brothers and are out putting in work fucking the whole planet up...

Top Bottom