• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Slayven

I was legit shook on the ep last night when
the little kid killed his sister with the field down.

There is dark and then there is that shit

zeemumu

I am telling you we are watching Morty's supervillain origin

Yeah, I got that feeling from it as well. Morty started out as a dumbass who was willing to go along with Rick's adventures, but during this season it's become obvious that Morty's become a lot smarter (able to disarm Rick's drunken Neutrino bombs and operate advanced technology) and also sick of Rick's shit (calling him out on turning himself into a pickle to get out of the meeting, telling Summer that everything is pretty much futile because Rick doesn't care much for them due to having infinite family, using Jerry as an excuse to get rid of Rick to give himself some peace and quiet for a few hours, etc.). All of it is pointing to Morty ending up as Evil Morty. Rick even said at one point that an ambitious Morty is one of the most dangerous things. Plus after what he did to Ethan it's clear that he's becoming pretty merciless as well.

1Y8ujUvuVkn6k1R4s08FYM-qsRg=.gif

zeemumu

If Morty is destined to become the ultimate evil, does this mean Summer will be the one to stop him?

It'd be interesting if they made Evil Jerry from Doofus Rick's dimension canon and aligned him with Evil Morty.

Summer ain't stopping shit. She means well but she understands almost nothing.

"Is it safe to go outside?"

lol

I love this place sometimes.

You can't go outside during an eclipse. Imhotep is out there doin' shit

D i Z

Fix that immediately. It's a good show, dude.

Morty is gonna snap one of these days. It's just a matter of time.

It's a good show. You should check it out.

When I first heard about Rick and Morty I thought it was gonna be a BttF parody (Rick and Morty, Doc and Marty), but man did it go places

It's probably the most consistent comedy series I've ever seen, not every joke lands, but most do and in my opinion there still hasn't been a bad episode.

The Obi-Wan to his Anakin. If they end up on a Lava planet shit will go real sideways.

Just looked it up for streaming. Hulu, huh? Guess I'm gonna stay missing out unless I catch it when it airs on cable.

It'd be interesting if they made Evil Jerry from Doofus Rick's dimension canon and aligned him with Evil Morty.

Summer ain't stopping shit. She means well but she understands almost nothing.

You can't go outside during an eclipse. Imhotep is out there doin' shit

Summer saved Rick's life, while Morty was being a horny idiot hanging around with Rick's clone.

zeemumu

Summer saved Rick's life, while Morty was being a horny idiot hanging around with Rick's clone.

She also allowed herself to get tricked by the literal devil on the grounds that she thought he'd be nice to her, accidentally set Rick up for assassination by the Council of Ricks as well as idolizing him when she really shouldn't have been, got herself all messed up trying to increase her cup size, and had a crush on a psychopath. And then there's the Mad Max dimension...

Shy

Hope everyone has a great week.
Afternoon fam
Morning BCT.
Morning bct. How's everyone doing
Mornin' all.
Evening.
Be sure to look directly at the eclipse today
I hear that's how you get superpowers.
Officially back up to 100% again. Gonna post here and shit again.
Welcome back.
I was legit shook on the ep last night when
the little kid killed his sister with the field down.

There is dark and then there is that shit
Yep.

This season has been pretty dark as a whole.

andthebeatgoeson

About the same actually.
--
Who's in a good place to see the eclipse today?

I am in Atl and it was good (95% covered). Had a lot of people at work bring their googles in and they did everything. Even took a picture of it on my phone. Was impressed. I should have taken off and driven into the mountains.

I saw the banding lines of shadow on the ground before the eclipse. Saw birds flying around right before hand and we all assumed they were going crazy. Saw a few hundred people get really geeked up about it all and applaud, but we are Americans after all.

Now I'm aiming for the 2024 eclipse. Maybe make a trip to Dallas to eat BBQ and watch the sun. Hopefully, Texas is purple by then.

We weren't in the totality zone but I managed to see the eclipse through some special glasses with friends. The way it cooled down so that being in the sun was as cool temperature wise as being in the shade was both freaky and surreal.

Evening, everyone. Just checked on my games and both have been shipped. Now to play the waiting game. Ooooh I can't wait to smash stuff and command tanks as well as infantry. I'm so excited!!!!

Also, it's definitely a lock that Morty is becoming Evil Morty.

Top Bottom