• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

I found out today that the Maryland flag is half confederate

The state song is basically all call to action for the Confederacy. Check out the 6th verse:

Dear Mother! burst the tyrant's chain,
Maryland!
Virginia should not call in vain,
Maryland!
She meets her sisters on the plain-
"Sic semper!" 'tis the proud refrain
That baffles minions back amain,
Maryland! My Maryland!

DGETLgFXsAAOg4p.jpg
/

Charlamagne tried getting him to walk it back but Duval just double downed saying "fuck political correctness, maaan"

So the breakfast club is shit in this situation because? From the sound of it no one cosigned his bs. Unless he's known for that sort of thing and they're shit for giving him any air time to begin with.

Also that thread is fucked

Kreed

Someone fill me in on the breakfast club thing. Did that comedian get out there and say what they said and they just sat back and agreed? Or did they say "yo you can't say or do that" or anything of the sort?

All the members of the Breakfast Club said some form of "yo you can't say that", but it was literally just that and not much else for Charlamagne and DJ Envy (they didn't argue with him or try to educate him or anything), and while Angela Yee tried to educate Duval on why what he was saying was stupid, she was mostly drowned out by Duval, Charlmagne and DJ Envy.

LionPride

Banned
All the members of the Breakfast Club said some form of "yo you can't say that", but it was literally just that and not much else for Charlamagne and DJ Envy (they didn't argue with him or try to educate him or anything), and while Angela Yee tried to educate Duval on why what he was saying was stupid, she was mostly drowned out by Duval, Charlmagne and DJ Envy.
Oh so the usual?

Ok that clears that up. Thank you.

zeemumu

Do you guys think a Twisted Metal film would work if you based it off of the PS3 version and made 3 films prior that function as films on their own and not like they're blatantly pieces of a much bigger universe?

Something like making a slasher film about Sweet Tooth

Then a Neon Demon/Starry Eyes style movie about Dollface

Then a suspense drama about Mr. Grim

The most that will be shown that these are connected is that Preacher might show up as a brief cameo in some of them.

zeemumu

Fuck getting fired on your day off, the White House is firing folks before they their first official day

Got hired, got divorced, missed kid's birth, went nuts with the media, got fired.

He's had quite the week. Bet he's waiting for the part where the ghost of things to come shows him his own grave.

That news gave me LIFE lmao, dude ruined his life for nothing LOL

Got hired, got divorced, missed kid's birth, went nuts with the media, got fired.

He's had quite the week. Bet he's waiting for the part where the ghost of things to come shows him his own grave.

I absolutely love it. Can only hope for a similar fucked twist of fate for everyone under this administration (Bannon, Conway, Sessions, Miller, etc.)

LionPride

Banned
The trans thread has now turnes into lightskinedtwin and Fixed2BeBroken saying "stop co-opting the black struggle" while Link to the Past says "We're not, you're just seein shit"

Spicy

LionPride

Banned
That moment when someone tells you you're type of girl you would date and that shit is pinpoint accurate...

I don't like people knowing me better than I know me

Do Better

It's kinda nice to know that dudes can still get got for being too reckless. I guess the buffoonery of the Trump admin has its limits after all.

I got confirmation about the black name discrimination today. Had a white lady say "you have such a normal name. I got a lot of Shaniquas, Laquitas, Jamals today."

Top Bottom