• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

I got confirmation about the black name discrimination today. Had a white lady say "you have such a normal name. I got a lot of Shaniquas, Laquitas, Jamals today."

G'damn I hate that shit. Like, get the fuck over yourself Bethany Ann or whatever the fuck. Your name wasn't granted to you by the database of "normal" names.

CommanderBuck

Neo Member
I got confirmation about the black name discrimination today. Had a white lady say "you have such a normal name. I got a lot of Shaniquas, Laquitas, Jamals today."
Ugh, hate this shit so much. One of my coworkers did this the last week talking about how she hates "black names" and she's black. I'm still looking at her sideways.

Dereck

One of my coworkers did this the last week talking about how she hates "black names" and she's black.
gEwIo0L.gif

G'damn I hate that shit. Like, get the fuck over yourself Bethany Ann or whatever the fuck. Your name wasn't granted to you by the database of "normal" names.

What the fuckkkkk
Yeah she was looking down when she said it and I was giving her that Philip J. Fry gif look. I'm glad you only have to speak to this woman after you've already got the job because a few of those people probably wouldn't have gotten hired. I was interviewed by a black girl, then a white woman and two more white women. Looks like mostly black people work at this place, but the main person in charge is white. I'm tired of seeing that shit.

Ugh, hate this shit so much. One of my coworkers did this the last week talking about how she hates "black names" and she's black. I'm still looking at her sideways.

You must work with Colandrea.

Thank you!! Had some ignorant as fuck white old guys at my job talking about Trump should pass a EO about folks having "normal" names. Asshole was lucky I had to clock in to work or I would have told his stupid ass off.

The trans thread has now turnes into lightskinedtwin and Fixed2BeBroken saying "stop co-opting the black struggle" while Link to the Past says "We're not, you're just seein shit"

Spicy
I dont play about that shit. White LGTBQs arent us and I resent them being placed under the same umbrella as us because other White people make their lives difficult.
That community is notorious for their passive aggressive hostility towards us, they just happen to conceal it better and generally vote for Democrats.

I hope yall were witty enough to passive-aggressively clap back and not just come in here crying

There are few things better than seeing a face get beet red from getting beat at their own game

Faustek

Yes? Seriously, even shaved my legs just to try it out but that didn't work for me. Felt way to weird. Anyway a month at the beach and I'm shaving my pits and my chest and I fear the day my back needs it as well.

That sounds like something. Worth reading?

It's a joke strip that's 10 panels long.

And it was funny.

Yes? Seriously, even shaved my legs just to try it out but that didn't work for me. Felt way to weird. Anyway a month at the beach and I'm shaving my pits and my chest and I fear the day my back needs it as well.

That sounds like something. Worth reading?

It's a joke strip that's 10 panels long.

^^^^^^Agreed. Like the dude will either get his ass beat or be a creep, never a normal dude.

Awww, that was it? That was hilarious. Someone needs to make an anime with that exact setup.

RedSwirl

^^^^^^Agreed. Like the dude will either get his ass beat or be a creep, never a normal dude.

Awww, that was it? That was hilarious. Someone needs to make an anime with that exact setup.

Maybe I need to watch Tenchi again but he seemed like a pretty normal dude to me. He just... wasn't interested in a bunch of clingy chicks.

Top Bottom