• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Sounds awesome, need more good black superheroes. And they can't all shoot electricity

Obama is a secret master of These Hands No Jutsu

Static lol

can't really say I loved him, I did collect a lot of comics at on point and really loved the hobby left all my books at my college dorm when I left school. Heroes of color were super rare.

Spawn was okay but why did he have to be a burnt to a crisp corpse under that mask?

Mizerman

Static lol

can't really say I loved him, I did collect a lot of comics at on point and really loved the hobby left all my books at my college dorm when I left school. Heroes of color were super rare.

Spawn was okay but why did he have to be a burnt to a crisp corpse under that mask?

The 90s was weird.

was it a holiday today?
I go outside to get a subway and they are already closed the fu..
I think I'll walk the 4 blocks to the 24 hour dunkin donuts the one 200 feet from my apartment is no longer 24hrs, this city is getting worst for my stomach

corny ass Bridgeport

The 90s was weird.

I think we are living in weirder times right now.

There's this rapper called G. Yamazawa that I started listening to last month. He had a debut album called Shouts to Durham come out in May that I really liked as well some songs he put up on his Bandcamp.

Anyways, a video for one of his songs on his first album came out yesterday.

1990 (Interlude)

There aren't many asian american rappers around so I thought I'd share it.

Reminds me of the Ant. Black woman that can form body armor around herself due to her high blood sugar
617678-ant.jpg

thts actually pretty cool

There's this rapper called G. Yamazawa that I started listening to last month. He had a debut album called Shouts to Durham come out in May that I really liked as well some songs he put up on his Bandcamp.

Anyways, a video for one of his songs on his first album came out yesterday.

1990 (Interlude)

There aren't many asian american rappers around so I thought I'd share it.

I like North Cack a lot

Order

Need to get back into reading manga. Read a lot of stuff in a bunch of different genres then it just dwindled to Naruto and Bleach. Was reading Hinomaru Zumou and Prison School last year and year before then I just stopped.
Dr Stone and Promised Neverland are dope

Morning rant:

if I know your name, like your given name I'm probably going to use it I'm not going to call some grown ass man by some street name picked up when he was 3 years old because he doesn't like who the hell he is right now I just can't I'm a grown ass man. I can't go around calling people like fabulous or D-star or some crap like that I just can't

If your older than say 25, I'm not supporting your rap star dreams. You need to go to community college and embrace your welding star dreams.

Mornin' everyone.

Morning rant:

if I know your name, like your given name I'm probably going to use it I'm not going to call some grown ass man by some street name pick it up when he was 3 years old because he doesn't like who the hell he is right now I just can't I'm a grown ass man. I can't go around calling people like fabulous or D-star or some crap like that I just can't

If your older than say 25, I'm not supporting your rap star dreams. You need to go to community college and embrace your welding star dreams.

100% agree. More specifically, its why I take issue on dudes calling themselves 'Lil' followed by something even more dumb.

It was my first book so not sure what is well but I am happy with the sales so far

I released the first book June 14, from June 14 through June 30 sold 255 on amazon
from July 1 to today sold 31 the report is missing 30 books I know was purchased and delivered but not showing up for the month. It could take up to 4 months for sales to show up according to FAQ section of the Print on Demand company I used.

so I would say 300+ books sold I am happy with it, I was expecting less

Thats Amazing. Well done. Super proud of the work youre doing.

Sidenote: Any word on that Spawn flick? I saw McFarlane hint at some type of announcement at Comic-Con.

Also had a dream where Will Smith was cast as Blue Marvel and Teyonah Parris was Monica Rambeau.

Still really upset they didnt sub Monica for Storm in the BP movie. If there is one non BP/Storm couple I ship its BP/Monica (Im aware they literally have no hints to any romance besides some internal dialogue from some on looking Wakandians but shippers gonna ship)

Slayven

Morning rant:

if I know your name, like your given name I'm probably going to use it I'm not going to call some grown ass man by some street name picked up when he was 3 years old because he doesn't like who the hell he is right now I just can't I'm a grown ass man. I can't go around calling people like fabulous or D-star or some crap like that I just can't

Your gear sir
But you right

Zekes!

Morning rant:

welding star lmao

Morning rant:

You sound like you eat parsnips for dinner

Mizerman

After 8 years, Obama deserves his rest.

I think we are living in weirder times right now.

That's mainly because we somehow entered the Twilight Zone.

I remember watching a documentary (comic book confidential I think it was) and they showed kids buying Spawn comics and I think even toys were marketed at kids. Then you they had HBO animated series was sure as hell not for kids lol.

Heh. They wanted to make sure that Spawn was the next big thing.

Top Bottom