• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

LotusHD

Banned
Super Mario Odyssey - I'm copping, game looks amazing
Golf Story - No release date, but it'll be here soon
DOOM/Wolfenstein II - Maybe, very dope that the Switch is getting them at all
Project Octopath - I'm probably copping
ARMS Update - Time to see what Lola Pop is all about
Xenoblade 2 - Eh,character designs are ugly as sin, but sure why not

Johndoey

Banned
Holy hell what is this voice acting going on in the Xenoblade 2 trailer? And these character designs are straight trash.

Who let this be released? How was this the best thing they had to show of this game?

Malyse

Yea I can watch:

I mean, you can make up all the lies you want to make you feel better about the daily ostracization you get because being a foreigner. Don't let me stop you from healing the hurts you bear.

But googling Lyndis will get you more accurate results than googling Lyn.

After watching the Nintendo direct and the thought of purchasing a nintendo switch occurs:

giphy.gif

Young Magus

I mean, you can make up all the lies you want to make you feel better about the daily ostracization you get because being a foreigner. Don't let me stop you from healing the hurts you bear.

But googling Lyndis will get you more accurate results than googling Lyn.

Wait what?
The hell you tryin to say?
You speakin in tongues cuz I dissed yo lil disney/ff/oc fanfic?

And the ostracizaton bit hurts
cuz I get it from other foreigners :(

D i Z

Holy hell what is this voice acting going on in the Xenoblade 2 trailer? And these character designs are straight trash.

Who let this be released? How was this the best thing they had to show of this game?

Both of those narrators sound like Matthew Mercer. The others sound familiar and ...bad.

Malyse

I play Xeno for the story. After they completely fucked the voices in Xenosaga 2, I've become difficult to phase. Mad about Style Savvy not coming to America though. At least PSO2 won't be hard to download.

andthebeatgoeson

She called out 45 as being a white supremacist on Twitter, Espn apologized for her and gave her a talking to. 45's people said she should be fired during today's press conference.
To be continued...

Current thread, but it's missing some links to articles etc that have dropped today.
Just keep telling me to move away, sports complex. This is necessary, tho. We need to understand our true value. We can run fast but they only want us to dance.
Oh wow, Nintendo's putting up a demo of Octopath Traveler today!
Switch demo? 😍😍😍
Wolfenstein on Switch will be mine
Dahell?
Wolfenstein and Doom.
Oh my Jesus! 😍😍😍

Malyse

My word is my bond. I said I would only get Fire Emblem Warriors if Lyn was in the game, Lyn is in the game, I'm getting Fire Emblem Warriors.

TheSun

Not into xenoblade at all.

Getting Doom and Wolfenstein on the go is badass enough for me. Any graphical downgrade is peanuts to me anyways.

I want to hear their side of it and reasonings.

Are they saying "it's here to stay get used to it" or "it's deep problem and needs fixing"

Either way that "stick to sports" crowd ain't gonna be to happy about real life spilling into everything. 🙄

D i Z

Are they saying "it's here to stay get used to it" or "it's deep problem and needs fixing"

Either way that "stick to sports" crowd ain't gonna be to happy about real life spilling into everything. 🙄

I read the situation as America is fucked and needs a fixin'. Racists don't usually call themselves racist right out the gate. I feel like they would have said something a little more pro white supremacist or degrading to others knowing that they were going to get snatched up. Might as well have made it worth the time if they were looking to spread some hate.

America is still at the stage where it thinks racism was magically wished away when MLK gave a speech decades ago, so they could've just written "Racism" on a banner and I would assume they were anti-racists.

I am just now going through season 2 of Master of None and I finally get your username. It was a great episode.

Yep. That one episode is like a mini movie. I could imagine it being expanded to an hour and 10. It's one of the great black media of this year and I've seen other black media platforms claim it too. I remember it was mentioned briefly in a clip at Black Girls Rock last month.

In a town that fans screamed nigger to a player and some have questioned if racism exists, I can only assume the banner is a statement on the widespread nature of racism, both now and in the past.

It is an excellent Rorschach test.

Yeah, I seriously don't understand why some black people seem to be confused.

Those 3 aren't smiling and they know they're lightweight risking their lives to do that

Top Bottom