• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

cdyhybrid

I automatically leave all public chat channels as soon as I create a new WoW character and it has improved my playing experience 100%.

I have zero desire to communicate with anyone in the game outside of what is absolutely necessary.

andthebeatgoeson

So nipplesandtoes was really Mario Odyssey viral marketing all along? I see you.

xWrk07w.jpg

Yeah, I seriously don't understand why some black people seem to be confused.

Those 3 aren't smiling and they know they're lightweight risking their lives to do that

I've gotten "I'm glad they're putting that out there" and "fuck those people" as responses.

That's why I find it so interesting. Both groups I've spoke to acknowledge racism in this country but for some reason the messaging comes off differently to people.

This Project Octopath demo has no right to be this good.
I hate you.

So nipplesandtoes was really Mario Odyssey viral marketing all along? I see you.
???

I was wondering how do you deal with people making unfunny jokes at work all day? They be saying stuff like "Do you have a hall pass, I'm the hall monitor? I'll call the principal," or some reference to something I've never heard and I'm like "ha...ha." During the interview they said they wanted someone who could fit in a be a part of the family, but I just feel awkward most of the time when they throw out that unfunny shit and I usually just give them one of these:

2PPQCLJ.gif

I'm curious to see what they think they can do that will be more effective than any other major IP with mics and text chat can do. Mute bans progressing into play bans after X number of reports over X amount of matches? In a game where you can see the same people 2 or 3 matches in a row? Do they have an algorithm ready to go to detect intentional throwers?

The biggest problem here is that there is no way they will have the manpower to review these issues on a case by case basis. They probably get 1,000 reports/hour per platform. That means it's all left up to their algorithms and automated to figure out what's what.

Maybe some sort of positive reinforcement would be good too. idk. Maybe more SR per win or less lost SR in losses? Maybe special cosmetics. Maybe more of those credits towards gold items.

Either way, I have yet to play a multiplayer competitive game that prominently features talk/text chat that has figured out the toxicity issue.

Kreed

Nintendo going to fight putting a regular pokemon game on Switch ain't they?

The whole situation with Nintendo, Gamefreak, and Creatures is "funny" to think about. You have Nintendo with multiple console failures excluding the Wii (and now the Switch) that could have used a "regular" Pokemon game to potentially boost system sales, with Gamefreak and Creatures wanting no part of it/wanting that safe Nintendo portable money and Nintendo having to make all these spin offs to compensate (Gamefreak being in charge of the "regular" games). With Nintendo merging their portable and console markets now, Gamefreak and Creatures have "no choice" but to release a regular game, but I won't be surprised if the first Switch game has some gimmicks no one asked for.

Malyse

Damn, bish getting that Star Wars money.
Nintendo going to fight putting a regular pokemon game on Switch ain't they?
Nah. They rarely announce anything that doesn't come to fruition and almost never a game.
Anyone play Skyforge on PS4? For a F2P game it looks amazing, and so so far pretty fun
Skyforge is okay. I played it on PC and it's not the worst F2P mmo, but there are plenty of games above it. It wouldn't make my top 20.

My goodness, the salt flows on Twitter from conservatives over on #AmnestyDon. They felt betrayed that their Cheeto lord and savoir has turned on them. LMAO!!! Trump is still a piece of racist shit and I'm not buying his turn in the slightest, because at the end of the day, that man only cares about himself so he is doing all this to save his own skin.

For much of the video, though, Kaplan just spoke in generalities about why toxicity happens online (anonymity, etc) and suggested that responsibility for fighting toxicity rests on the shoulders of the community. “The community needs to take a deep look inward,” he said. “Think about all the times somebody’s said something negative to you in the game and imagine now if somebody had said something positive to you instead. There’s a way to spread positivity that I don’t think is really prevalent right now.”

WTF!?

Slayven

The whole situation with Nintendo, Gamefreak, and Creatures is "funny" to think about. You have Nintendo with multiple console failures excluding the Wii (and now the Switch) that could have used a "regular" Pokemon game to potentially boost system sales, with Gamefreak and Creatures wanting no part of it/wanting that safe Nintendo portable money and Nintendo having to make all these spin offs to compensate (Gamefreak being in charge of the "regular" games). With Nintendo merging their portable and console markets now, Gamefreak and Creatures have "no choice" but to release a regular game, but I won't be surprised if the first Switch game has some gimmicks no one asked for.

WHy Nintendo act like they scared of Gamefreak?

Kreed

WHy Nintendo act like they scared of Gamefreak?

Nintendo, Creatures, and Gamefreak own shares of Pokemon with Pokemon Company managing everything. Nintendo has the largest share and owns the brand, but all three have to agree to Pokemon games/etc... So say Nintendo back in the day wanted to make a regular Pokemon game for the Gamecube or the Wii and have Square Enix develop it, Gamefreak and Creatures would have to agree to it.

NoName999

So I remember that episode of Doug where it was revealed that Skeeter is a genius and Doug spent the entire episode trying to prove that his best friend wasn't.

And Skeeter is suppose to be black.

Brings Doug's character into a whole different (alt) light. lol

So I remember that episode of Doug where it was revealed that Skeeter is a genius and Doug spent the entire episode trying to prove that his best friend wasn't.

Didn't Skeeter hook up with that spoiled rich girl?

TheSun

Bish is working at disney? Making Starwars!?

Good for him, hope for the best. I'd say it's an improvement from what he had to deal with here.

---

Yeah, why did Doug become such a jerk just because Skeeter(heh) was a genius. And of course he had to bring the status quo back. I don't like Doug.

Slayven

Nintendo, Creatures, and Gamefreak own shares of Pokemon with Pokemon Company managing everything. Nintendo has the largest share and owns the brand, but all three have to agree to Pokemon games/etc... So say Nintendo back in the day wanted to make a regular Pokemon game for the Gamecube or the Wii and have Square Enix develop it, Gamefreak and Creatures would have to agree to it.

I mean at the end of the day Nintendo should still be the boss, what they going to do make a pokemon game for the Xbox X?

Merc_

To be fair, didn't he eventually realize that he was being a shit? That would at least put him a step above the alt boys.

Skittles

Dishonored been on that good shit. First being able to play as a female main character. And now we got a non-sexualized badass black female main character. Keep up the good work devs, diversity is always cool

Malyse

So, I'd say that Doom and Wolfenstein coming to Switch pretty much negates any parity arguments. I want EA to take a risk and toss Mass Effect Andromeda on Switch and see what happens.

Top Bottom